Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Topline

Granite composite or SS kitchen sinks

Any one installed granite composite kitchen sinks here? Like the range of colours but read about the white haze caused by hard water that requires  very regular cleaning. Do you guys experience ? Or did you choose SS sinks?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I’m using blanco from Hoe Kee

no issues for three years

you really like starting new topics instead of posting in your own build thread eh…

Edited by petetherock

i have both. one granite composite sink from hafele and one stainless steel sink from Franke.

there's no such thing as no maintenance needed even if you get a SS sink and don't maintain it.

30 minutes ago, petetherock said:

I’m using blanco from Hoe Kee

no issues for three years

you really like starting new topics instead of posting in your own build thread eh…

🙂

Pete, no issues cos you maintain it? What colour is yours - dark? How do you maintain?

22 minutes ago, snoozee said:

i have both. one granite composite sink from hafele and one stainless steel sink from Franke.

there's no such thing as no maintenance needed even if you get a SS sink and don't maintain it.

From what i read, white haze issue is caused by hard water...and can get quite ugly. Some people have to apply coconut oil or some special cleaner every few weeks! If true, the SS sinks may be easier to maintain. Cos at worst, its water marks which can just be wiped away. What's your experience with both types, Snoozee?

1 hour ago, Topline said:

From what i read, white haze issue is caused by hard water...and can get quite ugly. Some people have to apply coconut oil or some special cleaner every few weeks! If true, the SS sinks may be easier to maintain. Cos at worst, its water marks which can just be wiped away. What's your experience with both types, Snoozee?

Singapore's water supply from PUB is not hard water so this should remove your concerns unless you are getting your own water supply from somewhere else like a well in your backyard?

been using both for over 1 year and just clean the sinks using normal dish washing sponge about once a month or when see some stains. no need apply any special product. you do know that composite granite sink is technically plastic resin right? and there's no way plastic can absorb organic stuff like coconut oil as the oil will just be washed away whenever you use the sink with dish washing liquid.

9 hours ago, Topline said:

🙂

Pete, no issues cos you maintain it? What colour is yours - dark? How do you maintain?

Dark, no maintenance, just Jif daily after dinner.