Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xlan

Xl-dreamhouse

any way to take pictures of the silver "lining" thing? what is it made of? do you think it is durable?

Mostly, I will not do handles too, probably will only do so for the basin area.

Sorry huh...what is the purpose of the silver linining? to open door without handles? May I know why dun want to do handles leh? Can share share?

THank you.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

oh alpha, tat is not really a lining thing.. jus a way to tell tat part where u see silver edges.. is where allows my hand to hold n pull open the cabinet door.. aiyah.. english no gd la.. haha.. paiseh..

y no handles ah? mm... 1) nice.. 2) the clumsy me always get blue black here n there dunno where i got it.. so better to have as smooth surfaces as possible..

gadgetgal.. i didn't take any closeup pic.. cos dun wanna remind myself of the little "defects" here n there in future.. but u r welcome to come my place for a closer look n even feel on it.. :deal:

i know those anti-slam thingy not v expensive (except blum).. so actually i don mind la if it can still achieve the really NO-slamming effects.. it doesn't matter wat brand.. i'm not really brand conscious.. unless it is really something 一分钱一分货..

oh alpha, tat is not really a lining thing.. jus a way to tell tat part where u see silver edges.. is where allows my hand to hold n pull open the cabinet door.. aiyah.. english no gd la.. haha.. paiseh..

y no handles ah? mm... 1) nice.. 2) the clumsy me always get blue black here n there dunno where i got it.. so better to have as smooth surfaces as possible..

gadgetgal.. i didn't take any closeup pic.. cos dun wanna remind myself of the little "defects" here n there in future.. but u r welcome to come my place for a closer look n even feel on it.. :deal:

i know those anti-slam thingy not v expensive (except blum).. so actually i don mind la if it can still achieve the really NO-slamming effects.. it doesn't matter wat brand.. i'm not really brand conscious.. unless it is really something 一分钱一分货..

xlan, u are right. no handles look better & nice. nx time, if the handle loosen or drop, have to get one to replace it, vy troublesome.

actually blum and hettich are priced as such for a reason

they really last, and can take whatever abuse you hurl at them

heard someone mentioned before that the ikea ones doesn't last for more than 3yrs

even the 10yr warranty for their kitchen doesn't cover the runners and hinges :deal: :deal:

i'd say blum is really worth the price lah

really anti-slam and silent on closing :P:good:

heard someone mentioned before that the ikea ones doesn't last for more than 3yrs

even the 10yr warranty for their kitchen doesn't cover the runners and hinges :deal: :deal:

really anti-slam and silent on closing 8|:(

ic! then may b hv to re-consider.. to pay for blum? :P

hahahaa... but changing the hinges.. lance quoted my friend $1k for whole house cabinets wor.. not sure how much he'd quote for mine.. :good:

Yes, no handle look classy.

I might go for that (without handles)

xlan, u are right. no handles look better & nice. nx time, if the handle loosen or drop, have to get one to replace it, vy troublesome.

wah got so many doors ah

that's the price of my blumotion drawer runners for all 18 drawers liao leh :dancingqueen::yamseng::P

Wah,.. how come you got so many drawers?! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Btw, how much BLUM for each drawer har?.

ah.. dunno.. cos tat was quoted for all hinges.. cabinets + wardrobes + consoles.. etc..

ah.. dunno.. cos tat was quoted for all hinges.. cabinets + wardrobes + consoles.. etc..

i think on average is 80-100 per drawer the last time i asked wor...

18 drawer includes wardrobe drawers?

Normally id/contractor measure per foot run for cabinet and wardrobe, how many drawers is up to the owner to decide right? Or is there a limit?

i think on average is 80-100 per drawer the last time i asked wor...

18 drawer includes wardrobe drawers?

happy..tink u misunderstood somewhere.. were saying abt how much to the blum motion hinges

Btw, that anti-slam for casement door is pretty cheap, I heard around $2-$3 per piece, and mostly it is attached at the top (Last time some renovator told me spend around $20 bucks you can get a whole bunch from Ikea).

But again, those are chargeable items for me...

Xlan,

any way to take pictures of the silver "lining" thing? what is it made of? do you think it is durable?

Mostly, I will not do handles too, probably will only do so for the basin area.

i saw on blum website that there are two kinds of these anti-slam device for casement door... one type is fixed at the top, the other type is attached to the hinge...

i find the fixed-to-the-top type not very effective but it is cheap, like what gadgetgal said, $20 for a bunch at IKEA...

the attached-to-hinge type is much better and must be used with a particular kind of hinge... u can actually see the door closing slowly... last time i called BLUM and they said it costs about $5 per piece... IKEA is also selling this BLUM anti-slam thing at $10 per pair and the hinge at $9 per pair... since it is slightly cheaper, i bought from IKEA... total costs me abt $100...

even the 10yr warranty for their kitchen doesn't cover the runners and hinges :dancingqueen::yamseng:

really anti-slam and silent on closing :P:jawdrop:

... but the runners and hinges sold by IKEA are actually from BLUM... the BLUM logo is embossed onto the metal body of the runner tracks and hinges...

those sold at ikea are designed by BLUM, but not produced by them (i think)

so the precision engineering part is missing :P

it feels filmsy when i was playing with it at ikea tampines

my bottom cabinet all drawers, a total of 10

my full height cabinet is 8 drawers

easier to see everything one glance

i paid $60 for blumotion for each drawer

hinges are much cheaper, think one door need maximum 8 which translates to $64 each door

if small door four hinges only $32 :dancingqueen::yamseng: