Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oasis

Quotation Price Change?

All done with reno, now contractor came back and tell me price of final quotation is changed cos solid surface measurement he didn't measure correctly! ... is this acceptable? :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

did you sign a contract with the contractor?

if yes then you only need to pay what is specified on the contract

he didn't measure correctly is his problem loh, why should you be paying for his mistake?

if you didn't sign any contract then the problem might be a little more tricky. you can play nasty and just refuse to pay him since there's no black and white. or you can be nice and pay him coz afterall the solid surface is sitting in your kitchen right now :)

end of the day, are you satisfied with the work done?

if yes, then i think the contractor should be duly rewarded :D

one more point to add, would you have forgo the solid surface if you know about the actual price? that should give you the answer :D

Edited by applefreak

I'm thinking if the id doesn't take initiative to do the "extra" solid top, then your kitchen will be odd, cos there will be an area which is "open". Since in contract, you are given xx ft of solid top, but in reality, you are given yy ft lor. Just do the sum and see if the added cost justify it.

I think the id does a good job in this sense but he may want to inform you about it before proceeding (or maybe he has a schedule to meet....)