Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
clockwork

Favourism In The Family

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
after all, all of them are one family. so, whether who has done something wrong and he/she should been forgiven as time goes by. family should not have any hatred against one another. :bow:

u treat them as family , did they treat u as one.

u treat them as family , did they treat u as one.

i mean everyone in her family should learn to forgive and forget. this is what family is all about. :bow:

they've too much hatred liao and lead them to become like this. :bow:

I hope u will be strong for your own family.

Taking care of a child is never an easy task. The grandmother and others will be spoiling him with treats of sweeties. It is the parent duty to instil the correct values and guide him to a proper diet.

Ignore them, but don't hate them for loving your child.

I hope u will be strong for your own family.

Taking care of a child is never an easy task. The grandmother and others will be spoiling him with treats of sweeties. It is the parent duty to instil the correct values and guide him to a proper diet.

Ignore them, but don't hate them for loving your child.

IMHO, I don't see it as love.

I see it as they are brain-washing the child to dislike his own mother.

1st step, ask the son to address someone as his mother instead of the actual OWN mother, infront of his OWN mother present. They really treat her DEAD. "See her no around"

2nd step, stop his OWN mother to bring the child back.

what will they do next

If will me, base on my character. I can't image what will be my action

1st step, ask the son to address someone as his mother instead of the actual OWN mother, infront of his OWN mother present. They really treat her DEAD. "See her no around"

what will they do next

i've a feeling that the mother and sister are taking revenge. i don't know what have made the mother and sister to have so much hatred lor. :sport-smiley-004:

clockwork written "...my mum still hate me". so, i think that clockwork should share with us what had really happened between her and her mother. so that we can have a clearer picture overall. :dunno:

what will they do next

You echo my sentiments...heh heh....

No matter how much a mum hates her daughter/son, she shouldn't ask her grandson to acknowledge some else as his mum/dad...that is total disrespect and disregard for her own daughter/son. What kind of mother does that anyway? Like that fit to call herself a mum?? She doesn't realise she hasn't been a good mother too...Disgusted... :sport-smiley-004:

since she told her grandson to address someone as his mother then clockwork also can address someone as her mother. clockwork doesn't have to acknowledge her mother as mother too. :sport-smiley-004:

You echo my sentiments...heh heh....

No matter how much a mum hates her daughter/son, she shouldn't ask her grandson to acknowledge some else as his mum/dad...that is total disrespect and disregard for her own daughter/son. What kind of mother does that anyway? Like that fit to call herself a mum?? She doesn't realise she hasn't been a good mother too...Disgusted... :P

Not just disrespect clockwork.

By such act, the mother and the sister already disrespect the Son-In-Law, Mother-In-Law. Did they treat clockwork husband tranparent?

Does Clockwork husband knew that his MIL and SIL ask his OWN son to call his SIL as mother instead of his OWN wife?

How will Clockwork husband parent feel when they find out their grandson has change "mother"

Edited by therat

Not just disrespect clockwork.

By such act, the mother and the sister already disrespect the Son-In-Law, Mother-In-Law. Did they treat clockwork husband tranparent?

Does Clockwork husband knew that his MIL and SIL ask his OWN son to call his SIL as mother instead of his OWN wife?

How will Clockwork husband parent feel when they find out their grandson has change "mother"

I don't think clockwork shd even let her mum get her way. It's so obvious that her mum is very unreasonable. :notti::bleah:

I don't think clockwork shd even let her mum get her way. It's so obvious that her mum is very unreasonable. :notti::bleah:

We as an outsider, only can talk and talk..

but is up to her to decide how she want to react..

Since young, my dad alway told me these which I alway believe

face is yous

respect is other ppl to give.

If u want ppl to respect u, 1st u need to respect ppl 1st.

U cannot demand/ask for respect, respect need to EARN it.

We as an outsider, only can talk and talk..

but is up to her to decide how she want to react..

Since young, my dad alway told me these which I alway believe

face is yous

respect is other ppl to give.

If u want ppl to respect u, 1st u need to respect ppl 1st.

U cannot demand/ask for respect, respect need to EARN it.

Agree!! :notti:

humm......did something happen in the past to cause them to react to you this way? becoz u kept saying u wanna prove you are a good mother now..sound like you wanted to redeem yourself...

Well...Where shall I start ?

When I was young, I did well in primary sch. My sis did not. She failed when she was in pri 3 and from extended went to mono then VI ( Now its ITE ).We both went to the same convent sch, the 1st day in pri sch was great, I made many friends. My sis got jealous and told everyone the next day that I had head lice which was true, coz I always play with my neighbour who had head lice.

From that day onwards I seriously had NO FRIENDS till I was in Pri sch. I was basically a loner.

With no friends , I spiral down and repeated my pri 6. I guess my mom was very disappointed.

My sis was in mono and I was a repeat student. I went to the same convent sch in sec sch.

I started mixing with other kids from other schools and started playing truant !

Although I played truant all the time, I always did well in sch and was good in english , literature, malay and esp art. I did what most teen do when they were young. I started smoking ( My sis taught me to smoke ny the way ) Till now my mom doesn't know !

I have tattoos , starting drinking alcohol..... then I did drugs.

I started stealing from my mom to feed my drug habit and eventually I got kicked out of sch on the day on my final exams for the O levels.

I just didn't want to go home to face more taunting like "Im a shameless b**** , whore, good for nothing...ect." Then why can't I be like my sis...and so on

I took drugs to forget the pain and everything else.

Until I met my husband when I was 14 yrs old. At 1st I cldn't care less about his opinion and he was just another boyfriend at that time.Even when I have other bf's , he forgave me.I realise that he trully cared for me when he beg & cried while I was busy preparing for my next hit . He helped me kicked my drug habit at 17 yrs old and I went cold turkey. He wld come visit me at my friend's place where I was staying and always encourage me.

I admit my mistakes and have always regretted the pain & shame I've caused my family. That's why I'm trying to make amends.I wish I could turn back time and undo everything, but I can't.

I really wanna show my family that I have changed for the better but Im at my wits end.

But I'm lucky to have a very supportive husband who accepts me for what I was and has always help keep my morals high. Although he could be a pain in the arse at times, I'll always rememeber the things we've gone thru together.

Sometimes I wonder what wld happen if I hadn't met my husband , I'll probaby be drug addict prostitute, or worse , in prison !!

So...this is my story !!

Edited by clockwork

You are very brave to be open about your past. I sincerely salute you.

I guess your mum still hold the opinion that you are still as bad as you were in the past. Why don't you make known your efforts to make amends to her and that you were no longer the person you used to be and that you had turned over a new leaf? I believe she treated you this way because she's still haunted by your past. Have you tried sitting down with her and make her understand?

Edited by Air

got a feeling that your sis had been saying a lot a lot of things to your mum !! :)

untruths most likely, but the damage is done nonetheless.

maybe you want to consider talking to your mum, one to one without anyone else around

pour your heart out to her and let her know how much she is hurting you

ask your husband to talk to her on a separate occasion, also one to one to show her what kind of person you are right now.

maybe he can arrange to bring her down to your work place without your knowledge, let her choose the day and time, to observe you from afar. she might realise something !!