Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Malui

Recommendation For Leather Sofa Set

Hi,

I went to court yesterday and saw ASCARI 3+2 bycalf leather sofa set selling at $1899. Not too bad. I am looking for leather sofa set but those with sleek look. There are some leather sofa that looks very bulky - dun really like it. I was wondering if there is any other shops selling leather sofa that does not look very bulky. Do post some photos if u have?

For those, who have leather sofa set, can u advise me the pros and cons having leather set compared to fabric set. My initial decision is to get a fabric sofa set but there are some feedback saying that leather is easy to maintain. Not very sure.. Just wanna hear from u for more info. Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

IMHO, fabric or leather really depends on your lifestyle

if you have children or pets, expensive fabric sofas may not be a good choice coz a spilt drink or pee/vomit means the end of the sofa

on the other hand, leather means regular care i.e. sofa care kit which has the solution and clothes to wipe the sofa every quarter or half-yearly

me getting leather coz

1. my furry baby might throw up on the sofa

2. that time courts got promo, giovanni 3+2+1 at $999

3. me clumsy so spilt drinks is almost certain :bangwall:

try massimmo for great service and excellent sleek sofas

Yup yup! There is this lady call May at their Bukit Merah showroom, very friendly and patience. Went there 4-5 times and check with her on a lot of things before finally buying from her.

try massimmo for great service and excellent sleek sofas

where is the place? Can pass me the address?

ya, can someone advise address for massimo? me currently looking for black sleek leather sofa too. I have been to lorenzo, star furniture, red apple, courts, furniture club but so far still cannot find anything i like. Only few sofas from lorenzo caught my interest but i find their prices quite ex maybe because they are of gd quality leather.

ya, can someone advise address for massimo? me currently looking for black sleek leather sofa too. I have been to lorenzo, star furniture, red apple, courts, furniture club but so far still cannot find anything i like. Only few sofas from lorenzo caught my interest but i find their prices quite ex maybe because they are of gd quality leather.

I like the sofas at Lorenzo as well...very comfortable. But also very bulky. I am looking for high back sofa rather than those wide and low back ones. Saw some nice sofas at white collection but the the material used is pvc or half leather.

My sofas are from HTL. Factory somewhere in Tuas. They export to European markets...but dunno whether their sofas are considered bulky. Buy when on offer. Inexpensive for full leather set. Bought mine 3+2 for just $1.3k. Photo in my reno t-blog, page 7, post 249.

What about places like Evov, Lush or Objet?

Personal experience :

Evov's staffs (Sth Bridge Rd outlet) doesn't seem to know much about their stuffs. They'll always refer you to their website coz most of the pieces are not on display and they can't tell the difference between a 2 and a half seater or a 3 seater sofa. Their store manager Marcus is all-knowing but can be abit atas sometimes. Be sure you do some homework before going to them.

Lush, very good price, but bad timing. The sofa was to be delivered 'after 11am' and eventually arrived at 8pm, and thus the security guards almost didn't let them come in. I was appalled to see them assemble the sofa on the spot... i mean, i know they will come in parts coz its a big piece, but, really, to nail in the base cover after delivery??

Objet, designs so-so, abit overpriced...

agree with the above

marcus is nw at the balestier outlet

actually some of the staff are new so bo bian lor

the person i used to deal with at their siglap branch has left

objet i feel not as good as lush and evov

another place to try is Plank

quite nice stuff