Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oasis

Price Of Final Quotation Changed

After reno while rectifying defects contractor send me the final quotation and requested payment.

Later on sent me another with final price changed. Reason was that solid surface measurement was done wrongly and he 'undercharged' me.

Is this acceptable? :dancingqueen:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Well... I think so long as he can prove it to U... then is ok lor... eg.. if he only count 20ft in the quoto... and end up he did 24 ft... then U have to pay the extra ft right??

Yes, usually this is the case because the measurement of the solid top is done after the cabinets are up.

Do check with him on the unit rate ($ per sqft) and measure the solid top yourself. For this he usually can't cheat because you can calculate from there.

yah i think so cos im oso facing same prob. the contractor gave quotation to construct new wall in the bedroom based on floor plan. Subsequently when he start work and measured the actual space, he found he undercharge. So happen we asked him to do additional thgs other than those mentioned in the quotation, wah he charge so expensive. When query him, he said to cover the undercharged portion of the wall wor. If we din do additional stuf, he'll charge the extra portion lor

like wht the rest said...make sure he got a good basis to arrive at the extras. in my case ho...the quotation nvr said how many feet wall...so how to argue? hv to pay the price for oversight lor :)

After reno while rectifying defects contractor send me the final quotation and requested payment.

Later on sent me another with final price changed. Reason was that solid surface measurement was done wrongly and he 'undercharged' me.

Is this acceptable? :(

THis happened to me.My contractor overcharge me over the solid surface.The final quote is more the first quote.i told the contractor that i dont accept it,so they hv to chnaged the quote price back to original.

My cotnracotr charged me $80 psf for Hanex solid surface.

I haven't start my reno yet, still looking for an ID. Thanks for the pointers given!

Guess I will ask the ID to measure onsite whatever they can, and give me a requote first, before I confirm with them :D.

And it's also good to get the unit price of the items, in case anything changes happen then they can't charge sky-high for the additions.