Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mery

Jurong West Residents!

hi all. I have just collected the keys for my EA at jurong west central 1, block 681A 2 weeks ago. after the inspections, HDB officer agreed to hack off all the floor tiles (expect for toilets & bomb shelter).

I am interested in changing the ceramic tiles to homogenous tiles so i called up the HDB term contractor. They told me that i need to top up 2.6k to them. Is it a reasonble price?

I am also thinking of removing the glass sliding door, install windor at balcony parapet wall in order to "extend" the living room out. Is it advisable?

My unit is facing west so some told me it will be very hot at night. but no choice, we got no cash so can't be chosy if we want to get a unit from HDB within a short period.

also been told about the coco smell and aircraft's noise. how bad is it?

i like the layout of my house coz it is all in rectangular shape, easy to put furniture.... really looking forward to start my new life in jurong west!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi everyone!

wah long time never go into this forum and there are multiplies of jurongwesters here!! my 5rm flat is finally ready and gng to be moving in soon!! Anyone here living around the 276A-D area? :dunno:

Yeah, jan and I just bought a flat during the recent WIS at Blk 276B.

Funny thing - more than 12 units in my block were snapped up during the WIS but I can't find any of them in here...

hi all. I have just collected the keys for my EA at jurong west central 1, block 681A 2 weeks ago. after the inspections, HDB officer agreed to hack off all the floor tiles (expect for toilets & bomb shelter).

I am interested in changing the ceramic tiles to homogenous tiles so i called up the HDB term contractor. They told me that i need to top up 2.6k to them. Is it a reasonble price?

I am also thinking of removing the glass sliding door, install windor at balcony parapet wall in order to "extend" the living room out. Is it advisable?

My unit is facing west so some told me it will be very hot at night. but no choice, we got no cash so can't be chosy if we want to get a unit from HDB within a short period.

also been told about the coco smell and aircraft's noise. how bad is it?

i like the layout of my house coz it is all in rectangular shape, easy to put furniture.... really looking forward to start my new life in jurong west!

how big is ur floor area?

my floor area is 135 sqm..... :dunno:

your house downstairs have a garden, playground, jogging/strolling track, basketball court etc, right? is it just opposite the frontier? :dancingqueen:

hi...

got my unit from Jun 06 WIS... Will be moving in this End Apr ...

Feeling is great as living by ourselves.. :dancingqueen:

Hope this is a good experience.. normally at home.. don't need to do much stuff.. but now got to do.. cos no more maid liao.. zz

Hi all!

Surprised to know there's this forum!

Am currently looking for resale flats at Jurong West after failing to ballot successfully or WIS successfully for the last 3 rounds.

Any good lobang or area?

Hello fellow Jurong West Residents!

There's an article in today's papers about a recent robbery..

please be careful!

Hope the police catch this a## soon.

jw_robbery.jpg

Yeah, jan and I just bought a flat during the recent WIS at Blk 276B.

Funny thing - more than 12 units in my block were snapped up during the WIS but I can't find any of them in here...

Hi everyone, we are moving to Jurong West Ave 3 Blk 274A. Anyone else staying nearby? We are getting our keys on 1 June. :jawdrop:

Tuesday May 22, 6:17 PM

Residents of Jurong West block evacuated due to fire

ADVERTISEMENT

SINGAPORE : Residents of Block 660C in Jurong West Street 64 were woken up from their sleep and evacuated from their homes after fire broke out in one of the flats early Tuesday morning.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said they were alerted to the fire shortly before 2 am.

Fire fighters arrived at the scene a few minutes later to find thick smoke bellowing from the bedroom windows of the unit on the 15th floor.

They entered the unit and extinguished the fire within 15 minutes.

One of the female occupants was sent to the National University Hospital for observation.

As a precaution, residents from the 14th to 16th floors were evacuated.

The SCDF said the cause of the fire is currently under investigation. - CNA/ms

Tuesday May 22, 6:17 PM

Residents of Jurong West block evacuated due to fire

ADVERTISEMENT

SINGAPORE : Residents of Block 660C in Jurong West Street 64 were woken up from their sleep and evacuated from their homes after fire broke out in one of the flats early Tuesday morning.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said they were alerted to the fire shortly before 2 am.

Fire fighters arrived at the scene a few minutes later to find thick smoke bellowing from the bedroom windows of the unit on the 15th floor.

They entered the unit and extinguished the fire within 15 minutes.

One of the female occupants was sent to the National University Hospital for observation.

As a precaution, residents from the 14th to 16th floors were evacuated.

The SCDF said the cause of the fire is currently under investigation. - CNA/ms

Hi all

Anyone staying at B653A? Is that block good? Any warnings against buying resale flat from this block?

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of getting a flat along Jurong West Street 93 (Blk 987 - Blk 988) through the ongoing balloting exercise now.Anyone staying there and any comments about the estate?

Will really appreciate any inputs please. Thanks!