Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kensanctuary

Aircon Cover For That Outdoor Unit?

Sorry, cant "search" => "aircon cover", so I think no1 posted b4.

Hi, whenever raining (even small rain), the rain drop from upstair aircon unit always "bounce" from my aircon unit into my room; if I leave the windows open.

I saw opp blk got ppl put "plastic" cover or 45 degree plastic on top on the aircon unit maybe to slide the water from bouncing into the room, any idea where or how to DIY that things ? just a soft plastic board can ?

Cos if rain not so heavy, i hope to leave the window open to get fresh air.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I bought this silvery cover for my aircon compressor. It costs $15. Helps to lessen the `tok tok' sound and the splashing when raining.

I bought this silvery cover for my aircon compressor. It costs $15. Helps to lessen the `tok tok' sound and the splashing when raining.

I do have experience with the rain drop sound making me cannot sleep through out the night. To totally remore the 'tok tok', I DIY place a rubber map, those red with round round coil type on top of my Air con unit. Of course I uses the delco tape to fasten it else it may fly off.

So it is a good insulator to 'tok tok' as the noice frequecy and water is trap within the coil.

Just a suggext solution to K's water and tok tok issue

Hi, your DIY rubber-mat, will trap water and later mosquito laid eggs?

Misty, can tell where u get that compressor cover?

Mosquito can only lay eggs at water that can fill the depth of 20 Cent coin lie flat, the DIY rubber mat so far dry off water quite fast . so far so good.

Just only a suggextion. Compressor cover from the store still the best, but since this is a DIY section so I give DIY solution.

Hi, your DIY rubber-mat, will trap water and later mosquito laid eggs?

Misty, can tell where u get that compressor cover?

Repeating my reply so for reference in future. I stay in Yishun so the cover is from one of the neighbourhood hardware store. I'm pretty sure it is available elsewhere. Word of warning though, if your compressor is smaller, there is a risk of the cover being blown away. The cover works like a shower cap, means there is elastic at the edge, and it goes over the compressor like you put the shower cap on your head. If your compressor is smaller, the cover will puff up so it may be blown away, like it happened to mine.

I tried the rubber mat which has suction cups on the bottom which is meant for bathtub. The problem was since there are holes in the mat, rain drops can also hit the compressor, so it wasn't much help for me.