Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cheesecake

Wedding Dinners On Weekdays

Would like to know the general view of having a weekday dinner :sport-smiley-004: Whether u r the couple planning for a dinner on a weekday or anyone who has attended a weekday dinner, pls feel free to comment :sport-smiley-004: Any problems with frens who are unable to take leave to help out or relatives who complain abt having to take leave for the tea ceremony? :sport-smiley-004: Also, the general turn-out for the dinner?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I don't like to attend weekday dinner.... have to rush back from work... go home change ... makeup then go for dinner... very troublesome... then the dinner usually start at 8.45... by the time dinner end... about 11 pm.. go home .. remove makeup change... lay on the bed already 12 am... the next day still need to wake up early go to work...

The best day to attend dinner is Sat....

Would like to know the general view of having a weekday dinner :sport-smiley-004: Whether u r the couple planning for a dinner on a weekday or anyone who has attended a weekday dinner, pls feel free to comment :sport-smiley-004: Any problems with frens who are unable to take leave to help out or relatives who complain abt having to take leave for the tea ceremony? :sport-smiley-004: Also, the general turn-out for the dinner?

Hello.. I am a weekday bride. Will be holding mine on a Thur.. :unsure:

I also did attend weekday wedding dinner before. So far from what i notice, the attendance is pretty good. I once took leave to be my friend's jie mei. Her wedding is on a friday.

I believe helpers are willing to take leave. But do tell them eariler. So that they can plan their leave. :dunno: I am sure they are willing to take leave for you.

The good thing is wedding dinner can start and end early. People come straight after work.

So far I did not worry abt the attendence.

Nowadays more and more ppl having wedding dinner during weekdays, because weekend is really too costly.

I don't like to attend weekday dinner.... have to rush back from work... go home change ... makeup then go for dinner... very troublesome... then the dinner usually start at 8.45... by the time dinner end... about 11 pm.. go home .. remove makeup change... lay on the bed already 12 am... the next day still need to wake up early go to work...

Hi HSH21, dats wat i wori..dat its too troublesome for ppl to attend on weekday. Wonder if the location being central will make it a wee bit easier for ppl? A colleague told me not to wori as long as the ppl i invite are close frens & relatives..if everyone also invite, most prob wont get good attendance...

Hi Cheesecake,

Don't worry too much lah... even thought I find that is troublesome... I will still attend the weekday dinner if I am invited loh...

Hello.. I am a weekday bride. Will be holding mine on a Thur.. :sport-smiley-004:

I also did attend weekday wedding dinner before. So far from what i notice, the attendance is pretty good. I once took leave to be my friend's jie mei. Her wedding is on a friday.

I believe helpers are willing to take leave. But do tell them eariler. So that they can plan their leave. :sport-smiley-004: I am sure they are willing to take leave for you.

The good thing is wedding dinner can start and end early. People come straight after work.

So far I did not worry abt the attendence.

Nowadays more and more ppl having wedding dinner during weekdays, because weekend is really too costly.

Xinyi, relieved to find a weekday bride here...Im considering Thurs as well. After scouting, i realised the price difference between a weekday & weekend is juz so ridiculous. Now, Fri is also weekend rate so i find it no point to hold on Friday. May as well take Sat?

Well, the reason im asking this is becos of a few comments from 2 close frens whom i intend to ask them for help as my jiemeis. But comments arent favourable. One said if i die die wan weekday, she also cannt guarantee to take leave. Another one asked if im trying to save on alcohol..and dat if cost is such a concern, mayb dun have dinner better. Quite upset upon hearing this thou after dat, both told me dat its my wedding, so i shld plan it the way i want.....

Hi Cheesecake,

Don't worry too much lah... even thought I find that is troublesome... I will still attend the weekday dinner if I am invited loh...

But u will be more willing to attend if the couple is ur close frens or relatives rite? Cos i myself feel abit sian to attend weekday dinners esp Mon if im actually not v close to the couple...but i will still go like u said but the mood is not there.....Also wori dat it will inconvenience my MIL & my hubby's relatives becos of tea ceremony, they need to take leave too....

Edited by cheesecake

Xinyi, relieved to find a weekday bride here...Im considering Thurs as well. After scouting, i realised the price difference between a weekday & weekend is juz so ridiculous. Now, Fri is also weekend rate so i find it no point to hold on Friday. May as well take Sat?

I agree with you.. Same banquet menu.. price differ abt $300-$400.. the price is crazy.. Even my coordinator says more worth to hold it on weekdays..

Well, the reason im asking this is becos of a few comments from 2 close frens whom i intend to ask them for help as my jiemeis. But comments arent favourable. One said if i die die wan weekday, she also cannt guarantee to take leave. Another one asked if im trying to save on alcohol..and dat if cost is such a concern, mayb dun have dinner better. Quite upset upon hearing this thou after dat, both told me dat its my wedding, so i shld plan it the way i want.....

How can your friends say those words. :curse: Disappointing... they should be supportive.. Perhaps look for other friends?? It is your wedding.. Your happiness.. not theirs..

I have not settled my jie mei also.. not sure what is their reactions. Will be as disappoint as you if they make such comments.

But u will be more willing to attend if the couple is ur close frens or relatives rite? Cos i myself feel abit sian to attend weekday dinners esp Mon if im actually not v close to the couple...but i will still go like u said but the mood is not there.....Also wori dat it will inconvenience my MIL & my hubby's relatives becos of tea ceremony, they need to take leave too....

I will attend as long as i can.. :) I even took half day leave.. just to go home dress up nicely and attend the dinner.. is ppl's wedding dinner.. should dress nicely and attend.

My colleague also took weekday package. Reason because they want to end the dinner early.

It is our wedding.. I never want to worry abt if relatives are willing to take leave or not. If they dont want, then is too bad.. we can't make everyone happy. ;)

I agree with you.. Same banquet menu.. price differ abt $300-$400.. the price is crazy.. Even my coordinator says more worth to hold it on weekdays..

How can your friends say those words. ;) Disappointing... they should be supportive.. Perhaps look for other friends?? It is your wedding.. Your happiness.. not theirs..

I have not settled my jie mei also.. not sure what is their reactions. Will be as disappoint as you if they make such comments.

I will attend as long as i can.. :) I even took half day leave.. just to go home dress up nicely and attend the dinner.. is ppl's wedding dinner.. should dress nicely and attend.

My colleague also took weekday package. Reason because they want to end the dinner early.

It is our wedding.. I never want to worry abt if relatives are willing to take leave or not. If they dont want, then is too bad.. we can't make everyone happy. :)

Yes...find it reali not worth it to hold on weekends. The prices are juz out to chop ppl :curse: I have very close ex-colleagues who offer to help me instead :) Juz dat my heart drop like a stone when i hear those words.

I tot i shld get their opinions too since i hope they can accompany me dat day but who's to noe dats how they feel? My ex-colleague told me not to bother & dat they r juz being frank. Now, even if i decide to go for weekend, i dun have the mood to ask them already. One of them added dat weekday dinner, everyone will leave b4 dessert & whole plc will be very quiet during tea ceremony cos not all relatives can take leave juz to let u offer them tea :( Im not worried abt them leaving early...end earlier even better cos i tink i sure will be hungry like mad....then i can eat liao rite? But not sure how my hubby's side of the relatives will. But he did assure me dat if some relatives dun wan to take leave to attend the tea ceremony, then we have less ppl to serve tea to, no biggie...

I will try to rem dats its our dinner, not theirs...why pay sooo much juz to get weekend? Feel abit better now :)

Yes...find it reali not worth it to hold on weekends. The prices are juz out to chop ppl :curse: I have very close ex-colleagues who offer to help me instead :) Juz dat my heart drop like a stone when i hear those words.

I tot i shld get their opinions too since i hope they can accompany me dat day but who's to noe dats how they feel? My ex-colleague told me not to bother & dat they r juz being frank. Now, even if i decide to go for weekend, i dun have the mood to ask them already. One of them added dat weekday dinner, everyone will leave b4 dessert & whole plc will be very quiet during tea ceremony cos not all relatives can take leave juz to let u offer them tea :( Im not worried abt them leaving early...end earlier even better cos i tink i sure will be hungry like mad....then i can eat liao rite? But not sure how my hubby's side of the relatives will. But he did assure me dat if some relatives dun wan to take leave to attend the tea ceremony, then we have less ppl to serve tea to, no biggie...

I will try to rem dats its our dinner, not theirs...why pay sooo much juz to get weekend? Feel abit better now :)

Thanks god that you have nice ex-colleagues. :)

Maybe your close friends being too close to you, that's y so frank. But still is hurtful.

They leave before dessert is their loss.. not be able to taste nice desserts! :)

As for relatives.. I guess elder ones wont be working anymore?? So should be able to attend..

Tea ceremony can be done 2nd round before wedding dinner pre-reception starts. And it is common.

Dont worry too much ya.. You have me accompany you to hold weekday wedding dinner.. ;)

People dont come nvm.. Angbao come can liao.. hahahahaha...

But not sure how my hubby's side of the relatives will. But he did assure me dat if some relatives dun wan to take leave to attend the tea ceremony, then we have less ppl to serve tea to, no biggie...

For those who can't take leave to attend the tea ceremony... U can serve tea to them during the dinner...

Hi Cheesecake, I hold mine on a weekday as well. Attendance was quite good a few people were late but by 8pm about 80% have arrived. But one thing is I don;t have alot of tables, only 20.

All my 8 Jie meis (I got another 2 male frens to help to ferry my jie meis) from my side & 7 brother from my hubby side came & help, so I really appreciate them for taking time off & coming by. Those relatives who could not make it for tea ceremony in he afternoon, we serve it during the dinner, so not a problem. And my grandma was so excited about my wedding that she couldn't sleep!! Haha... :curse:

personally, i dont like to attend weekday dinner and the reason is the same as yours. but if the bride/bridegroom is my best friend then i'll attend. if colleague also no choice (bcos will meet him/her in the office so no choice lor). but if normal friend then probably i'll not attend. :(

i ever attended a best friend's weekday dinner and the attendance wasnt very good so eventually this friend of mine told me that she made quite a huge lost in the banquet. :)

my hb will never agree to hold our dinner on weekdays. he prefers on sat/sun/ph so that most people can come and to share our celebration/joy! :curse: he doesnt mind the weekends packages are slightly expensive. ;)

Edited by korea

Anyway, even holding on sunday, ppl will still complains alittle.. because next day have to work. :)

So far my friends only said, must be prepared that guest wont dress up nicely for your wedding. Maybe at most office wear.

Just tell people that is a auspicious date. :bangwall:

Thanks god that you have nice ex-colleagues. :rofl:

Maybe your close friends being too close to you, that's y so frank. But still is hurtful.

They leave before dessert is their loss.. not be able to taste nice desserts! ;)

As for relatives.. I guess elder ones wont be working anymore?? So should be able to attend..

Tea ceremony can be done 2nd round before wedding dinner pre-reception starts. And it is common.

Dont worry too much ya.. You have me accompany you to hold weekday wedding dinner.. :bangwall:

People dont come nvm.. Angbao come can liao.. hahahahaha...

Hey, u noe i actually suggested to have both sides tea ceremony held during the dinner to my hubby? So as to save everyone's time in the morning...but my hubby say cannt cos im supposed to be married off from my mum's place.

Haaa...ppl can dun come, angbao can come! lol....was reali quite disappointed when this fren say by 10pm, i will see tables empty already, take photos also only little ppl left nia...told my hubby & he said its understandable dat ppl wana leave becos of work the next day but he's more concerned dat they come, not whether they leave early anot....

For those who can't take leave to attend the tea ceremony... U can serve tea to them during the dinner...

I've tot of it but the idea doesnt seem to go down well with my hubby....And i wonder how to organise lidat. Meaning at some point, dinner gota stop so dat i can serve them tea? :yamseng:

Hi cheesecake..

very sorry to hear that. I am also a weekday bride..reason being that day is auspicious for both of us n we find the price much cheaper too...

i told my close pals and all of them are eager to take leave n be my jie meis, they even offer to take a few days to help out in case i need any help. as far as i know...all of them blocked out their calendar for my big day liao.

of course my frens and colleagues commented why not on a weekend? actually it works both ways..those who wants to come will come. no matter weekdays or not. i have seen ppl not coming on weekends becoz they have better things to do...n they perfer weekdays bcoz they can come along with colleagues after work. so it works both ways..

in the end I dun care liao. will invite more ppl den the no of tables i have just in case lor. even if we make a loss so be it lor. but i will appreciate those ppl who make it a point to come down.

n dun get too upset. some ppl are just plain tackless. they say things without thinking one..they will sure be upset if ppl say the same thing when it comes to their turn.

sali they also make the same decision as yours when it comes to their turn...seem too many ppl like dat one..say ppl this n that but when it comes to their turn..made a huge U turn and say otherwise.. :)

Diva, glad to find another weekday bride here!! Ur frens are so nice :lol: As im considering thursday, one of them commented dat wouldnt dat mean she has to take both thurs & fri off? 8| I duno how to answer her, juz said dat date not yet fixed but im considering loh...hai.

Ya, we cant please everyone...got this neighbour, she's been consoling me, lol. As she is a weekday bride herself :lol: I also noe dat mayb they r juz being frank or wat. I duno if this is a blessing in disguise dat i asked them first...cos now even if i decide on weekend, i dun tink i will approach them liao...

Oh, u noe, dat thought flashed thru my mind as well...whether they will make the same decision as i...I wont turn around & suan them if they happen to make the same decision in future but i hope they will rem wat they've commented & understd how i feel now...hai....mayb im taking this too hard...I shld juz plan it on the day i want, not wat others want...

Hi Cheesecake, I hold mine on a weekday as well. Attendance was quite good a few people were late but by 8pm about 80% have arrived. But one thing is I don;t have alot of tables, only 20.

All my 8 Jie meis (I got another 2 male frens to help to ferry my jie meis) from my side & 7 brother from my hubby side came & help, so I really appreciate them for taking time off & coming by. Those relatives who could not make it for tea ceremony in he afternoon, we serve it during the dinner, so not a problem. And my grandma was so excited about my wedding that she couldn't sleep!! Haha... :lol:

Another weekday bride! :D I have 20 tables too...mayb when it comes to weekday dinners, it boils down to who u r inviting. As long as invited guests are relatives & close frens, most will come unless last min they cant make it loh...Wah, u also serve tea during dinner? Lets say if some relatives morning reali cant make it for tea ceremony, isit necessary to have to serve tea no matter wat? Sori, i duno much abt such stuff & my parents everything say anything, so need some advise here....

Anyway, even holding on sunday, ppl will still complains alittle.. because next day have to work. :D

So far my friends only said, must be prepared that guest wont dress up nicely for your wedding. Maybe at most office wear.

Just tell people that is a auspicious date. :P

Dats true...juz dat Sunday, they have no reason to be late or not to turn up cos Sunday, most ppl's rest day :notti: I guess for guests who dun have to dress up for work will find it a tad mah fan...my hubby commented dat most of his relatives old liao, anyhow dress for work, so they may complain if we hold on weekday...like, make things difficult. So they may juz dun turn up in the end :dunno: But dats not within my control rite? I cant possibly make it convenient for everyone by paying for a ridiculously priced dinner? End up they 'convenient', i carry the losses :P

Hey, u noe i actually suggested to have both sides tea ceremony held during the dinner to my hubby? So as to save everyone's time in the morning...but my hubby say cannt cos im supposed to be married off from my mum's place.

Haaa...ppl can dun come, angbao can come! lol....was reali quite disappointed when this fren say by 10pm, i will see tables empty already, take photos also only little ppl left nia...told my hubby & he said its understandable dat ppl wana leave becos of work the next day but he's more concerned dat they come, not whether they leave early anot....

Your hubby is right, cannot just skip/cancel the tea ceremony. It is an important procedure. Just like bridegroom will come and pick the bride. It is equally impt.

Not so kua zhang that ppl all leave at 10pm lah.. I been to couple of weekday dinners. Dont have such thing. Dont worry ya.

I've tot of it but the idea doesnt seem to go down well with my hubby....And i wonder how to organise lidat. Meaning at some point, dinner gota stop so dat i can serve them tea? :dunno:

What he meant is 2nd round of tea ceremony before banquet starts. You can ask your coordinator to prepare for it.

Dats true...juz dat Sunday, they have no reason to be late or not to turn up cos Sunday, most ppl's rest day :D I guess for guests who dun have to dress up for work will find it a tad mah fan...my hubby commented dat most of his relatives old liao, anyhow dress for work, so they may complain if we hold on weekday...like, make things difficult. So they may juz dun turn up in the end :dunno: But dats not within my control rite? I cant possibly make it convenient for everyone by paying for a ridiculously priced dinner? End up they 'convenient', i carry the losses zz

Maybe diva79 & storeberry can share with us if they made any losses for weekday banquet??

:notti: