Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cheesecake

Wedding Dinners On Weekdays

cheesecake... our wedding oso gonna be on a weekday (monday somemore). shld be okie lah. inviting only relatives, colleagues (who can come straight from work) & close frens lo. a lot of pp dun like to go out on weekends oso mah. maybe will do tea ceremony on sunday like zirkh :jawdrop:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Like zirhk3355,

I was a "half-weekday" bride ! hee hee...I had my tea ceremony etc on a Sunday and my wedding dinner on the next day...a Monday.

This arrangement is good for relatives since they do not need to take leave to attend the tea ceremony, so no excuse for them not to come...hee hee..

And also no excuse for the jie meis and xiong dis!

Surprisingly, the attendance of my wedding dinner was good, and like what xinyi said, the dinner started on time and ended on time. I guess the trouble for a wedding dinner on a Monday would be for relatives who work. They'll need to fetch their kids from school, change, then come to the dinner. What you can do to alleviate the problem is try to hold the wedding during school hols.

But the weekday dinner is not a problem for colleagues, because, being a Monday, everybody sianz to work OT :jawdrop: , so left the workplace punctually and everyone came in a group.

However, some brides don't like to split across 2 days cos of the hassle, but I'm ok with that. Cos I would have time to rest and prepare myself for the dinner.

diva, my colleague oso did it on 2 days. i tink the tea ceremony is more impt and has to be on an auspicious date coz that day is the day u considered to be married mah. plus my colleague did her ROM on that tea ceremony day too

what she did was to print a separate invites for relatives and frens that need to attend the tea ceremony. for the dinner day, a normal invite with that date will do. :P

diva, my colleague oso did it on 2 days. i tink the tea ceremony is more impt and has to be on an auspicious date coz that day is the day u considered to be married mah. plus my colleague did her ROM on that tea ceremony day too

what she did was to print a separate invites for relatives and frens that need to attend the tea ceremony. for the dinner day, a normal invite with that date will do. :P

I'm also planning mine over 2 days....customary tea cermony on a saturday then dinner next day, on a sunday...but i didn't intend to print any invites for my tea ceremony day leh...cos i think my relatives would know and come....i have my mum and grandma to help spread the word...:bow:

dizzy & zirhk3355 that is a good idea!

however can advise more if we are gonna do that? must it also fall on the auspicuous day that the shi fu give us? the tea cermony must do on important date which the shi fu gives issnt? also how to inform ppl on our wedding invites? put two dates?

will it be a bit weird? :(

mine also 2 day.. separate by 1 week.

tea cermony is more important.. follow the shi fu give one..

tea cermony, only relative.. which my parent will do the informing.

unless those sisters.. then need to told them.. arr.. I got 2 day arr..

That time, my problem is.. the wedding dress and the car from the studio..... and the make-up artist.. :yamseng:

dizzy & zirhk3355 that is a good idea!

however can advise more if we are gonna do that? must it also fall on the auspicuous day that the shi fu give us? the tea cermony must do on important date which the shi fu gives issnt? also how to inform ppl on our wedding invites? put two dates?

will it be a bit weird? :yamseng:

I only select an auspicious date for the tea ceremony; no need auspicious for the banquet lah.

As for the invites, hmmz, didn't even think of that! :( My invites was the date of the wedding banquet, I think for relatives attending the tea ceremony, my parents and PILs just told them verbally lor. I dun think you also get your friends and colleagues to come for tea ceremony, right?

I only select an auspicious date for the tea ceremony; no need auspicious for the banquet lah.

As for the invites, hmmz, didn't even think of that! :( My invites was the date of the wedding banquet, I think for relatives attending the tea ceremony, my parents and PILs just told them verbally lor. I dun think you also get your friends and colleagues to come for tea ceremony, right?

nope... friends and colleagues no need.

and for jie meis, just verbal reminder will do

guess my colleague's FIL wanted the more "formal" way that's why he went to print out the invites for his relatives :yamseng:

unless those sisters.. then need to told them.. arr.. I got 2 day arr..

That time, my problem is.. the wedding dress and the car from the studio..... and the make-up artist.. :yamseng:

For my case, my wife's jiemeis didn't mind coming on two days - its not as though two whole days mah, it was half day each only. They don't even need to take leave if they knock off on time. Same for the make-up artist and photo/videographers.

Wedding dress, the studio wanted to charge me extra, but I rebutted that if I just take out the dress for one day on Sunday, you also not going to rent out on Monday immediately mah. So no extra charge also.

For the car I used my wife's boss' merc, so its ok. But if you are using the car from the studio, maybe you don't need the car on wedding banquet then just take for one day on tea ceremony lor.

Mine is a weekday but on a Friday. Cos I know weekend is reserved for families, so not nice to hold it on a weekend, esp on Sunday since Monday is another working day.

Friday is good cos it's at the end of the week, people came after work, and usually they can carpool, so transport is not a problem for most :sport-smiley-004:

Relatives and close friend will take leave, help on Friday, then can rest on weekend. I can also use weekend to tie any loose string - returning gown, settlement of payment, etc.

BUt since Friday is also consider as "weekend" by some, not sure if cost-wise is good.

Wow.. Quite a no. of weekday brides.. Welcome to the club! :sport-smiley-004:

Cheesecake should feel much better after everyone commented prositive remarks. :bangwall:

Weekday good lah.. Next day can go bank to deposit the angbao money.. :furious: haha, abit out of point..

Haha...guess I'm a bit late in replying....

Yes, only follow the auspicious date for the tea cremony day, cos that is the official wedding date. No need to inform colleagues of the 2 days...but need to invite relatives..spread through word of mouth...:P

However, if you have a church wedding and you intend to invite colleagues too, then you'll need 2 invites.

And for those jie mei and xiong di who can't even make time to help you in the dinner preparations (because you may need them to come earlier to help you in the setup or coordinate with the banquet manager), dump them !

:)

Another weekday bride! :bangwall: I have 20 tables too...mayb when it comes to weekday dinners, it boils down to who u r inviting. As long as invited guests are relatives & close frens, most will come unless last min they cant make it loh...Wah, u also serve tea during dinner? Lets say if some relatives morning reali cant make it for tea ceremony, isit necessary to have to serve tea no matter wat? Sori, i duno much abt such stuff & my parents everything say anything, so need some advise here....

Hi yes, because my dad's side relatives not that close so they didn't come for the morning session. Actually I don't find it neccessary but my mum insisted so while we were taking photos at the tables we serve the tea to them as wel.. Not too bad because we got quite abit of ang pow there as well.. Hee... :P

Yes, if you invite not so close frens most likely they are going to "tua" you so you have to prepare for at least 20% tua rate from your guests list.

Maybe diva79 & storeberry can share with us if they made any losses for weekday banquet??

:)

Hi Xinyi, we made for the dinner banquet but because my hubby gave my mum 6 tables so in the end we breakeven lo... We also had about two bottles of wine left & the hotel let us bring the wine up the suite to enjoy with our friends... :)

Most important is ask yourself why you want dinner, if because of parents, then ask them if weekday ok or not (relative may not come, etc), and since they brought you up, it is an important day for them too.

Take it as repayment for their "yang yu zi en", make them happy and for you to stay happy :(

If you want dinner, and your parents don't mind, those anything also can type, then weekday or weekend, ur choice. :bangwall: