Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cheesecake

Wedding Dinners On Weekdays

Hi yes, because my dad's side relatives not that close so they didn't come for the morning session. Actually I don't find it neccessary but my mum insisted so while we were taking photos at the tables we serve the tea to them as wel.. Not too bad because we got quite abit of ang pow there as well.. Hee... :(

eh dina...u mean u serve tea to them during the banquet ah? or did the hotel give u another function room to have a tea ceremony?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Did not went thru the long posts so not sure if my points are repeated.

Anyway, I had my wedding banquet on Monday, but the tea ceremony was on Sunday. There was no problems at all, in fact alot of people liked it.

You see, after the tea ceremony and all the photo-taking on sunday, everyone can go home and have a good rest. Wifey & me check-in at about 3pm then went relaxing at spa; even had a drink at the bar with some friends. On monday morning, it was late breakfast and more relaxing at the spa and gym. We started to prepare for the dinner at about 4pm, taking our own sweet time.

Compared that to the usual 'one-whole-day' event, where the couple rush thru everything, this was certainly better. Attendance for the banquet was good, we even had to open our two reserve tables.

My ex-colleague did hers lidat as well. But its becos she tried to book hotels too late & all weekends were fully booked. So bobian, did hers juz like urs :dancingqueen: She did tell me turnout was 98% for hers....

cheesecake, just go ahead with what u want! i mean, is ur wedding... so u shd be calling the shots!!

Hi Fifi, grateful for ur inputs as well...Yes, was indeed real sad when i heard dat actually. My ex-colleagues assured me dat whether weekday or weekend, they will help out, it doesnt matter at all. Now, these 2 frens are telling me to go ahead with watever i wan cos its my day & they r only jiemeis, juz dat they will have to make special arrangments. Dun feel good reali.....becos they give me the feeling dat im troublesome..

cheesecake... our wedding oso gonna be on a weekday (monday somemore). shld be okie lah. inviting only relatives, colleagues (who can come straight from work) & close frens lo. a lot of pp dun like to go out on weekends oso mah. maybe will do tea ceremony on sunday like zirkh :(

I also agree dats a good idea...but i wonder how to plan lidat. Meaning after the tea ceremony, i still have lunch buffet for them & dats the end rite? So the VG i hire will only be videographing for half day rite? So he will only need to produce my montage the next day?

I'm also planning mine over 2 days....customary tea cermony on a saturday then dinner next day, on a sunday...but i didn't intend to print any invites for my tea ceremony day leh...cos i think my relatives would know and come....i have my mum and grandma to help spread the word...:)

Air, i also tink mayb tea ceremony no need invites? But i wonder how's the procedure like...If hubby is agreeable to this idea, at least dun have to trouble my ex-colleagues to take leave....

i always think that tea ceremony is usually very close relatives/friends and families will attend. no need the whole villages to come lor. :dancingqueen:

mine also 2 day.. separate by 1 week.

tea cermony is more important.. follow the shi fu give one..

tea cermony, only relative.. which my parent will do the informing.

unless those sisters.. then need to told them.. arr.. I got 2 day arr..

That time, my problem is.. the wedding dress and the car from the studio..... and the make-up artist.. :dancingqueen:

Hai...the moment i suggested this idea hor, my hubby also say the same thing as u...everything must double charge liao if separate into 2 days. He say he rather busy one day than drag two days....But i have to say this is reali idea man, for ppl who wana cut cost like me :( Tea on weekend, dinner on weekday, heh~

Most important is ask yourself why you want dinner, if because of parents, then ask them if weekday ok or not (relative may not come, etc), and since they brought you up, it is an important day for them too.

Take it as repayment for their "yang yu zi en", make them happy and for you to stay happy :yamseng:

If you want dinner, and your parents don't mind, those anything also can type, then weekday or weekend, ur choice. :dribble:

Yup, friday also weekend rate...So i nv reali consider Friday b4. But i noe hotels like Carlton, still consider Friday as weekday :bow:

Having the dinner is becos of my mum & grandmother. Headache becos hubby's side alot of relatives & some have very young children so having it on a weekday causes much inconvenience to them. Dats y started this thread, mayb can discuss & also serves as reference for others in future :)

Hi yes, because my dad's side relatives not that close so they didn't come for the morning session. Actually I don't find it neccessary but my mum insisted so while we were taking photos at the tables we serve the tea to them as wel.. Not too bad because we got quite abit of ang pow there as well.. Hee... :(

Yes, if you invite not so close frens most likely they are going to "tua" you so you have to prepare for at least 20% tua rate from your guests list.

Wow, give ur mum 6 tables! Dats alot...im giving pin jin to my mum so i tink no need to give tables *gulp*

Yes, dats wat my ex-colleagues told me too. Juz invite relatives & close frens & everything shld be rite...

Can i ask hor, those angbaos from tea ceremony isit for dinner as well? Cos my mum say shld record down how much they give so next time can return the favour....

Wow, give ur mum 6 tables! Dats alot...im giving pin jin to my mum so i tink no need to give tables *gulp*

Yes, dats wat my ex-colleagues told me too. Juz invite relatives & close frens & everything shld be rite...

Can i ask hor, those angbaos from tea ceremony isit for dinner as well? Cos my mum say shld record down how much they give so next time can return the favour....

my hb is going to give 10 tables to my mum but my mum doesnt have so many guests leh. :dancingqueen:

Hai...the moment i suggested this idea hor, my hubby also say the same thing as u...everything must double charge liao if separate into 2 days. He say he rather busy one day than drag two days....But i have to say this is reali idea man, for ppl who wana cut cost like me :good: Tea on weekend, dinner on weekday, heh~

Yup, friday also weekend rate...So i nv reali consider Friday b4. But i noe hotels like Carlton, still consider Friday as weekday :good:

Having the dinner is becos of my mum & grandmother. Headache becos hubby's side alot of relatives & some have very young children so having it on a weekday causes much inconvenience to them. Dats y started this thread, mayb can discuss & also serves as reference for others in future :bangwall:

I think the elders are particular about this returning of favour. Even amongst friends, we still take note of who give how much, so next time we will also do the same.

My ex-colleague did hers lidat as well. But its becos she tried to book hotels too late & all weekends were fully booked. So bobian, did hers juz like urs :bangwall: She did tell me turnout was 98% for hers....

Hi Fifi, grateful for ur inputs as well...Yes, was indeed real sad when i heard dat actually. My ex-colleagues assured me dat whether weekday or weekend, they will help out, it doesnt matter at all. Now, these 2 frens are telling me to go ahead with watever i wan cos its my day & they r only jiemeis, juz dat they will have to make special arrangments. Dun feel good reali.....becos they give me the feeling dat im troublesome..

I also agree dats a good idea...but i wonder how to plan lidat. Meaning after the tea ceremony, i still have lunch buffet for them & dats the end rite? So the VG i hire will only be videographing for half day rite? So he will only need to produce my montage the next day?

Air, i also tink mayb tea ceremony no need invites? But i wonder how's the procedure like...If hubby is agreeable to this idea, at least dun have to trouble my ex-colleagues to take leave....

I thought tea ceremony is the tekan session one? Actually no extra costs mah...cos it's the same whether you hold it in one day or separate into 2 days...tea ceremony no need invite colleagues...only need your jie meis there...tea ceremony normally involve just both side parents or close relatives that you need to serve tea...other than that, really no need to invite anyone else...cos they will be at your dinner anyway...:good:

Ya, i noe tea ceremony no need jiemei but cos my hubby's relatives quite alot, i will cater lunch buffet for them...if jiemeis wana follow me to the tea ceremony, they can eat also...else from early morning 'start work', wil be tired & hungry too bah....

I think the elders are particular about this returning of favour. Even amongst friends, we still take note of who give how much, so next time we will also do the same.

I see...meaning no matter wat, u will give the same back to ur frens the next time its their turn? I rem got a relative also record down the bai jin received for funerals so next time can return the 'favour' :bangwall:

I see...meaning no matter wat, u will give the same back to ur frens the next time its their turn? I rem got a relative also record down the bai jin received for funerals so next time can return the 'favour' :bangwall:

I think this is what chinese called 'Yi Shang Wang Lai' ???

my hb is going to give 10 tables to my mum but my mum doesnt have so many guests leh. :D

so good...

my father ask for 10 table.. also not enough...

my relative already not enough to seat liao.. :bangwall:

Having the dinner is becos of my mum & grandmother. Headache becos hubby's side alot of relatives & some have very young children so having it on a weekday causes much inconvenience to them. Dats y started this thread, mayb can discuss & also serves as reference for others in future :good:

table.. u need to ask ur mother.. don't assume.. elder don't like..

tea ceremony ang bo is for u to keep

dinner ang bo, relative only give to ur parent, not u. Only ur married cousin give to u.

Note: relative ang mo, parent has the right to keep as they say, they need to keep and return favour when they turn come (mean their kid marry).

But But.. some parent give it to the kid but some don't.

If happen ur parent don't give. Don't fight with them hor.. :good:

so good...

Wow, your grandparents must have a good life! I think they done alot of good deeds in their lifetime to deserve so many offsprings?? :good:

Wow, your grandparents must have a good life! I think they done alot of good deeds in their lifetime to deserve so many offsprings?? :good:

my mother side, i had 6 auntie and uncle exclude their other-half and their kid

my father side, i think i had 9 auntie + 2 uncles exclude their other-half and their kid.

U see.. 10 table.. enough meh.. :good:

my husband almost want to cry leh.. that time..

his side.. 3 table more than enough

:bangwall:

Ya, i noe tea ceremony no need jiemei but cos my hubby's relatives quite alot, i will cater lunch buffet for them...if jiemeis wana follow me to the tea ceremony, they can eat also...else from early morning 'start work', wil be tired & hungry too bah....

my friends who are married does that leh.. seriously I forgot how much I used to give also.. hahaha

so good...

you know what my mum said when my hb wants to give her 10 tables. she said 3 tables are enough. :good: my mum has 7 siblings altogether. these siblings of my mum also have children (already married + children). then my dad only has one sister but his sister has 4 children (already married + children). there're also my parents' relatives and friends. but i dont know why my mum said 10 tables are too many for her? :good:

my mother side, i had 6 auntie and uncle exclude their other-half and their kid

my father side, i think i had 9 auntie + 2 uncles exclude their other-half and their kid.

U see.. 10 table.. enough meh.. :bangwall:

Big Happy Family mah :good: