Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Hi, can I get your thoughts please. Due to some structure constraints, my helper,’s toilet on the ground floor may end up windowless. I will have an extractor for ventilation but I’m concerned still of mould. Do you guys have a windowless toilet and if so, do u see mould even with extractor?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yes, mould will still grow even with extractor fan. Fan only works when you are inside (or typically when light is switched on). When you leave after showering, the toilet is still very damp and fan would have been turned off. It also depends on how good your natural ventilation and lighting is from your toilet doorway. Dark and damp is what mould loves. Be prepared for more regular bathroom cleaning. 

Edited by Kellhound

Thanks .... do you know if it is possible to have the extractor fan on a a preset time after use . eg it will switch off only one hour after?

extractor fans are usually hooked up to the same circuit as the light so that both light and fan will turn on and off at the flip of the switch. If you want to have a timer then you will need to set up some home automation device such that when you turn on the switch, the automation device also turns on and starts an internal time to count down 1 hour then later cut off the power supply to the fan.

59 minutes ago, prodriver6 said:

what is the avg street price of such ventilator? 

go to KDK website. many models for you to choose from. from $60 to $200

Windowless toilets can be quite tricky, especially when it comes to ventilation and preventing moisture buildup. Have you considered investing in a good exhaust fan? It's crucial to ensure proper airflow to avoid mold and unwanted smells. Additionally, a dehumidifier can be helpful. For lighting, perhaps think about installing soft, ambient lights or even LED strip lights for a modern look. It's not just about functionality; aesthetics play a significant role too. But, if you ever face any plumbing or fixture-related issues in the process, don't hesitate to reach out to professionals. I've had an excellent experience with https://plumbingpaloaltoco.com/. They offer top-notch services and are pretty responsive. Hope your toilet turns out both functional and stylish! Best of luck!