Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icebaby

Aircon Quotes (From Aron)

Hihi,

Thanks for helping us to check. :P

Keltong, still comparing? Now is not hot weather (as pointed out by forummer Weiht), so perhaps better price? My reno had been kiv-ed till after QingMing. So dunno shd still ponder or grab 1st. Haha!

Copper price is going up...think better lockin your price 1st

The system that i installed increase $30 juz 2 mth ago. Reason: Metal price going up.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hihi,

Thanks for helping us to check. :P

Keltong, still comparing? Now is not hot weather (as pointed out by forummer Weiht), so perhaps better price? My reno had been kiv-ed till after QingMing. So dunno shd still ponder or grab 1st. Haha!

Heehee....skywolf....just wondering to go inverter or non-inverter, and sys3 or sys4. Looks like not decided on anything yet! :P

But I am incline to go for Toshiba Sys4 Inverter. This is the most likely option. Else I may just go for Toshiba Sys3 Non-Inverter. Think I have just narrowed myself to 2 options...phew...

If i have the time this weekend, perhaps can sound them out again, in view of Vowsh's post. Or perhaps i shd give them a call 1st... hmm...

At least you had finally narrowed down the models! :)

If i have the time this weekend, perhaps can sound them out again, in view of Vowsh's post. Or perhaps i shd give them a call 1st... hmm...

At least you had finally narrowed down the models! :P

Yeah...haha....finally....should make a decision this week hopefully.

Hi,

Just installed a 2 system air-con (Sanyo) very quiet and the price is around S$1,300 from Gain City. They have their own service team. Before installation, technical personnel has to check on the premises before recommendating the type of air con which is suitable.

Heehee....skywolf....just wondering to go inverter or non-inverter, and sys3 or sys4. Looks like not decided on anything yet! :bangwall:

But I am incline to go for Toshiba Sys4 Inverter. This is the most likely option. Else I may just go for Toshiba Sys3 Non-Inverter. Think I have just narrowed myself to 2 options...phew...

After considering the various options, we have decided to go for the Toshiba Sys 3 non-inverter. The aircon installer will be doing the trunking tomorrow. According to him, he recommended us to go for non-inverter cos of the various reasons :

- Inverter models tend to have more technical issues than non-inverter models

- Spare parts for inverter models are expensive, almost double of those for non-inverter (if really suay suay they break down after a few years and we need to replace)

- no significant cost savings for consumption between inverter and non-inverter (he says it's a marketing gimmick to get people to buy inverter models!)

As such, he felt that it's not necessary to pay $700 extra for the inverter models. Just sharing.

Hi countrylover, can you share what is your damage and what kind of materials they are using? I remember you were quoted $2380 for Inverter, does that mean you pay only $1680 for the non-inverter? Is it inclusive of GST? Thanks!

Hi countrylover, can you share what is your damage and what kind of materials they are using? I remember you were quoted $2380 for Inverter, does that mean you pay only $1680 for the non-inverter? Is it inclusive of GST? Thanks!

My damage is $1850 for the Toshiba Sys 3 non-inverter. Price is nett, inclusive of GST. It's probably more expensive than Allbest but the installer is someone highly recommended by a trusted relative, so I needn't worry about his service, workmanship etc. My relative is also in the air-con business and has used his services for many years. He said he could recommend a cheaper installer but workmanship is terrible! So rather than run into disputes and unhappiness later on, just pay a bit more for a peace of mind. He told me that many companies will say that they employ their own workers for installation, but in fact, they sub-contract out to other installers. Hence, not much quality control there.

The material used is Armaflex. As for other specs, not too sure, cos my hubby is the one who's liaising with the installer.

I will update all again after my air-con installation.

If interested, can PM me for his contact.

My damage is $1850 for the Toshiba Sys 3 non-inverter. Price is nett, inclusive of GST. It's probably more expensive than Allbest but the installer is someone highly recommended by a trusted relative, so I needn't worry about his service, workmanship etc. My relative is also in the air-con business and has used his services for many years. He said he could recommend a cheaper installer but workmanship is terrible! So rather than run into disputes and unhappiness later on, just pay a bit more for a peace of mind. He told me that many companies will say that they employ their own workers for installation, but in fact, they sub-contract out to other installers. Hence, not much quality control there.

The material used is Armaflex. As for other specs, not too sure, cos my hubby is the one who's liaising with the installer.

I believe this price uses R22 refridgerant. Do take note that Cu pipe need to change if change to R410A refridgerant in future coz of any residues/moisture left in the pipe can cause corrosion when reacts with R410. Maybe you guys want to take this into consideration.

Hi Vowsh,

Earlier recalled something which you were talking on... think its the Cu pipes... this R410A refridgerant thingy, do we clarify with the aircon company abt it or is it something which we have to tell them to include in the package? Sorry, i'm lost. :sport-smiley-004:

I think this price is ok.

Hi Vowsh,

Earlier recalled something which you were talking on... think its the Cu pipes... this R410A refridgerant thingy, do we clarify with the aircon company abt it or is it something which we have to tell them to include in the package? Sorry, i'm lost. :sport-smiley-004:

I am not sure abt toshiba model. For MS non-inverter system 3, there're 2 different models - one uses R22 and other one uses R410A. The latter is more ex coz the refridgerant is 2x the price of R22.

Based on my research, those toshiba & MS price range <2k are mostly R22.

You need to specify them in your package. Do go for PVC pipe 16mm dia to allow condensed water to flow better else your compressor have to work harder coz of pressure.

When doing installation, try to minimize the trucking distance from your compressor to fancoils, again help to improve efficiency thus save energy. Can improve the aircon life span.

Don;t be surprised why different households though ON the aircon ( same system & same duration ) , their bill is different, this has to do with the installation.

That's why I rather pay more for installation with better insulation. I choose R410 also partly to save the environment & able to keep the trunking when upgrading to new aircon on R410.

tHowever, if you belong those that seldom use aircon, a 2k price range is good enough.

That's my 2 cents thought

I am not sure abt toshiba model. For MS non-inverter system 3, there're 2 different models - one uses R22 and other one uses R410A. The latter is more ex coz the refridgerant is 2x the price of R22.

Based on my research, those toshiba & MS price range <2k are mostly R22.

You need to specify them in your package. Do go for PVC pipe 16mm dia to allow condensed water to flow better else your compressor have to work harder coz of pressure.

When doing installation, try to minimize the trucking distance from your compressor to fancoils, again help to improve efficiency thus save energy. Can improve the aircon life span.

Don;t be surprised why different households though ON the aircon ( same system & same duration ) , their bill is different, this has to do with the installation.

That's why I rather pay more for installation with better insulation. I choose R410 also partly to save the environment & able to keep the trunking when upgrading to new aircon on R410.

tHowever, if you belong those that seldom use aircon, a 2k price range is good enough.

That's my 2 cents thought

Which means R410 is the newer 'model'? Or better in the sense more aircon will be using R410 in the future? :dunno:

Which means R410 is the newer 'model'? Or better in the sense more aircon will be using R410 in the future? :bleah:

Hmm...you can say that. An interesting read on the Singapore Aircon Blog that I think you must read.

Here is an extract, but will need to do more research to confirm:

Montreal Protocol

This is because of the Montreal Protocol initated by United Nations Environmental Programme.

Singapore (we belong to Article 5 Parties, Developing Countries ), under the Montreal Protocol, has agreed to freeze all production and selling of Hydro-chlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs), which includes R22 refridergant used in our air con, by 2016.

In others words,

1) there will not be anyone selling and producing R22 products and also trading of R22 refrigerant on 1st Jan 2016.

2) But using of R22 and its products will still be legal and users will still be able to attain R22 supplies and parts. And by 2040, there will be no R22 and its product in Singapore.

3) These dates are the lastest deadline, any countries can choose to implement the measures earlier. Or the airconditioners manufactuers can choose to introduce their R410A models and phasing out their R22 models earlier than the required deadline.

So R22 is not going to disappear soon but R410a is the future. In 8 years time you will probably is replacing your aircon anyway.