Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icebaby

Aircon Quotes (From Aron)

Can someone recommend me a good shop to buy:

A System 3 (3 x Bedrooms) Inverter Air-con. Either Mitsubishi/Sanyo/Daikin.

Looking for a no-fuss reliable shop providing the good materials & installation.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hihi everyone,

hhmm,,, i have been asking prices of Starmex and Hong Tar is $2850,

after reading,,,

now how how??

Starmex better or Fujitsu better? Or Toshiba?

Sianz,,, v hard to decide

Pls use Toshiba. It's Made in Japan. Win over every other brands already.......

And dun buy Mit coz u are paying for that Jack Neo's advert only. Stupid right?

and another thing abot Mit. its easy to clean, but if u break those easy to clean parts, the air con unit will not work. you got to buy spare parts from the agent and it wont be cheap!!!

i'm not sure whoever bought Mit air con knows about this fact.

Hi all,

I'm looking for a System 3 (non-inverter). Expected super low usage. Target $1.8k

Seems like with this price range, only few selections, narrowed down to Toshiba, Mitsubishi, Panasonic.

Any comments or recommendations? :o

Hi all,

I'm looking for a System 3 (non-inverter). Expected super low usage. Target $1.8k

Seems like with this price range, only few selections, narrowed down to Toshiba, Mitsubishi, Panasonic.

Any comments or recommendations? :o

Go for Toshiba.....

its super quiet with 4 ticks energy savings and its under Carrier company. Made in japan.

Just bought a Starmex Sys-4 Invertor at $3838 from All Best last night. Had no time to research but really needed to buy as reno starting on Monday! And to my horrors, read about all the bad reviews on them :bangwall: now can only pray that I get a good installer.

In any case, saw the argument about insulation, just wanted to highlight that Totaline being used by All Best is actually a Carrier product. Was KS enough to flip through the entire PSB certification booklet. Asked the salesman and he said joint project between Carrier and Toshiba actually. Not too sure how true. In any case, I compared Totaline and Armaflex at GC, seems like Totaline is really a lot hardier due to the external rubber casing. Now just hoping that the insulation is just as good, if not better :dunno:

wah~ looks like a/c price had gone up again....

dun wry abt e -ve feedbk, moz importantly, on day of 1st installation (believe there'll be 2 trips), be sure to be @ home so as to discuss w the installer on how u wana run ur trunking... i bot mine from AB, no problem w them, friendly & professional too... my neigbor oso had the same gd experience w them... so for now, juz relac....

Edited by Zen2008

Just bought a Starmex Sys-4 Invertor at $3838 from All Best last night. Had no time to research but really needed to buy as reno starting on Monday! And to my horrors, read about all the bad reviews on them :bangwall: now can only pray that I get a good installer.

In any case, saw the argument about insulation, just wanted to highlight that Totaline being used by All Best is actually a Carrier product. Was KS enough to flip through the entire PSB certification booklet. Asked the salesman and he said joint project between Carrier and Toshiba actually. Not too sure how true. In any case, I compared Totaline and Armaflex at GC, seems like Totaline is really a lot hardier due to the external rubber casing. Now just hoping that the insulation is just as good, if not better :dunno:

I ordered Toshiba sys 3 + 2 (non-inverter) from AB too. Bcos they r the only one who use Totaline for both insulation and tubings. If u get from different mfrs and later hv problem, they will blame each other for it, ie insulation will blame bad tubings and tubings will blame poor insulation. Since Totaline is made by Carrier who now owns Toshiba and according to the Toshiba manual, its the recommended materials (of cos due to a fact dat they r the same company). So in future, any problem wif system or insulation, they can't blame other mfrs.

A relative from this industry recommend Toshiba cos its the only non-inverter wif 3 ticks in terms of energy savings and we will only be switching on 1 unit a time (inverter won't save much for us in this aspect). We do 5 blowers only bcos we don't want a case if we nid (like festive seasons celebrations) then don't hv (kiasu).

Btw the way, class 0 is applicable only if u r doing concealed trunking in the wall and the insulation has to be fire safey graded. Class 0 can be residential or project graded, cos for most projects it is concealed trunking, so class 0 is necessary to meet fire safety requirements. Some installation pple will tell u that the rubber coating of Totaline is bad bcos it will not absorb the condensations from the copper tubings and cause condensation on the casings and thus causing water stains. There is a certain level of truth if u r using the faster cooling R410 refrigerant (inverter system) as compared to R22 (non-inverter), also the thickness of insultation is a consideration factor. My question would be in the case foam insulation absorbs the condensation, wouldn't dat deteriorates the foam in years to come and would nid replacements?

Just a note. For aircons, Carrier/Toshiba is same company. As for inverters, only efficient at partial load. If operating at full load all the time, might as well get non-invertor. As for R410A and R22, yes, R22 going to phase out. No fixed date currently, but targeted date is 2016. Btw, it's possible to run R410A piping and use a R22 aircon. The pros is that when you decide to switch to a R410A aircon in another 5-10 years, you don't need to change piping. Good if you doing concealed piping.

Also, if you are considering aircon for living/dining, do remember to check out the airflow (CMH) of the aircon. This affects the rate in which the cooled air is blown around your room, hence faster cooling. Btw, lower dBA means lower noise, lower fan speed and hence lower airflow. Cooling not only related to BTU.

Also, approx 50-55 btu/ft2 is sufficient for homes. Unless your room has full-height glass windows that are west-facing, then might need 60 btu/ft2.

One last thing, if you have 3x 12,000btu fancoils and a 21,000btu condenser, that means when you turn on all the fancoils, you only get 7,000btu each. You are limited by either fancoil capacity or condenser capacity. So even if you turn on only 2 fancoils, your condenser is still working at 100% capacity. Hence, not efficient.

I have moved into my current resale flat and intended to change the current System 3 air-con which is more than 10 years old. I had the system serviced before and confirmed there wasn't any leakage in the piping system.

Now I intended to change the aircon and was quoted 1.8K for a Toshiba System 3 with non-inverter using R22 w/o the change of piping. Sounds expensive to you guys?

I have moved into my current resale flat and intended to change the current System 3 air-con which is more than 10 years old. I had the system serviced before and confirmed there wasn't any leakage in the piping system.

Now I intended to change the aircon and was quoted 1.8K for a Toshiba System 3 with non-inverter using R22 w/o the change of piping. Sounds expensive to you guys?

As u mentioned dat the current a/c is more than 10 yrs old, it is advisable to change the pipings. Theres life span for insulation materials and u wouldn't know how was it installed. Hence its not worth saving a couple of hundreds and to worry about piping problem. We paid ard $3300 for Toshiba sys 3+2, but its a new flat. In your case, they may hv included dismentaling the existing blowers and compressor.

Btw, theres a Toshiba non-inverter that has 3 ticks, which is the one we installed.

Hope tis helps.... :yamseng:

Anyone? Toshiba? Coolserve is ok? :unsure:

Can someone recommend me a good shop to buy:

A System 3 (3 x Bedrooms) Inverter Air-con. Either Mitsubishi/Sanyo/Daikin.

Looking for a no-fuss reliable shop providing the good materials & installation.

Anyone? Toshiba? Coolserve is ok? :unsure:
After doing intensive research on the various brands of air-con and their respective techologies, I'm looking to get a System 3 Inverter that can provide the cooling capacity required for the rooms I intend to cool based on the calculation of 50/55/60/65 BTU per square feet. ALso obtained quotes from All Best, Mega Discount Store.

Today just placed an order for Fujitsu inverter sys 3 at Hong Tar and was quoted (ASYA09LA * 2, ASYA12LA *1 and AOYA24LAT3) for $2770 plus bracket.

Keep pressing for service voucher but the lady don't give. Anyone just order from Hong Tar recently?

Hi alvynn,

Congrats on your new purchase. Well bought the aircon sometime back (about 2 mths back) and also was not given any voucher. The reason they cited was that it only comes with selected modules.

Cheers

anyone have comments on the LG aircon?

u noe the mirror looking 1

and also saw the new samsung aircon but can only use system1

any latest quotes on this?

Over the weekend when I was @ All Best, the staff told me that for the non-inverter type for LG System 3, the compressor doesn't have a split unit in it. Meaning even if you are running for the master bedroom alone or with all 3 units on, the compressor will always function at full power. This could mean higher power consumption for those who don't fully utilize the system 3 on a regular basis.

Edited by PsyNidE