Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icebaby

Aircon Quotes (From Aron)

anyone have comments on the LG aircon? u noe the mirror looking 1
Have a read on my take on LG air-con.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Anyone has already installed the new Fujitsu inverter aircon? Please feeback. This is because I am considering a Mitsubishi or Fujitsu. Mit is ard 2.9K but Fuji is only cost 2.3K for system 3.

i just got my Mitsubishi Aircon from Gain City after much raves abt their installation skills

i got a non inverter system 1 + system 3. system 1 to cool the living/dining area while system 3 for the 3 bedrooms. not sure if the btu is big enuff.

I've changed the copper pipings into a better one and a better insulation for additional $160.

all in all, we paid 3.9k for the aircon. they waived 3% off since we asked for discounts. seems like prices are pretty rigid and no further discounts can be negotiated...

Hi andy_sg_123,

Can you say where you get this quotation from for the Fujitsu? Its too cheap to be true. Well anyway I am currently using the Fujitsu, well so far so good. Quite like the quietness of the aircon. It also cools the room quite fast.

Cheers.

Hi henrywoo1978,

I called Gain City @ IMM to ask abt the quotation. The saleman say that Fujitsu is currently having promotion & is selling at $2.3K. Don't know is true or not. Anyway, I have checked with Hong Tar & compare the price :

Hong Tar : (Fuji)- ard $2.5K + 120 (bracket), (Mit)- ard $2.8K + 120 (bracket)

GC : (Fuji)- ard $2.3K + 150 (bracket), (Mit)-ard $2.8K + 150 (bracket)

Don't know the quality of the wiring is same or not. Have not gone down to ask GC. How long have u bought the aircon? How much u bought it then? Where u got it? I believe is the latest model with the invertor type.

Edited by andy_sg_123

I just bought last weekend at Gaincity...prob not the cheapest but then sales guy was nice so we decided to give him the business ;p But only bought at our 3rd visit. =P

Bought a Toshiba system 3 Inverter. With bracket and extended (5 yrs) warranty and Armaflex 0.5 inch, total damage was about $3.3k. Had to buy inverter cos we want to do living room + 2 bedrooms, so the non-inverter type cannot. The latter can only support if it had been 3 bedrooms configuration :(

Decided on Toshiba in the end cos sales guy said whole thing made in Japan, instead of just parts. :) Haha sorry if I sound like a sucker tho.

Edited by meepley

I just bought last weekend at Gaincity...prob not the cheapest but then sales guy was nice so we decided to give him the business ;p But only bought at our 3rd visit. =P

Bought a Toshiba system 3 Inverter. With bracket and extended (5 yrs) warranty and Armaflex 0.5 inch, total damage was about $3.3k. Had to buy inverter cos we want to do living room + 2 bedrooms, so the non-inverter type cannot. The latter can only support if it had been 3 bedrooms configuration :(

Decided on Toshiba in the end cos sales guy said whole thing made in Japan, instead of just parts. :) Haha sorry if I sound like a sucker tho.

Hi meepley,

I also bought Toshiba inverter from Gaincity Marina sq last weekend. My salesman told me the condenser is made in Japan, and the fancoil units are made in Thailand. He is also very friendly, he has been selling air con for 8 yearsm kind of convinced by him toshiba is worth buying compare to other heavy advertsed brands.

Btw, I only paid $3188, deliver and installed on coming saturday. Cheers!

i cant find Gaincity in Marina Sq! ended up we went to CCK to get it :lol:

how come non inverter cannto do living room + 2 bedrooms? :unsure:

Hi andy_sg_123,

Well for I also bought my Fujitsu from Hong Tar at $2.53k. Do note that my fancoil configuration is 12k for master bedroom and 9k for the other 2 rooms (so its sys. 3 lah...). So what you need to ask GC about the package is:

1. The thickness of the insulation (i.e. 3/8" or 1/2", as for the type no need to ask, cause GC only give armaflex). This is important as if want to increase to 1/2", you will need to fork out another $240 if I am not wrong.

2. The fancoil configuration. The reason being for my case, if I buy 3 x 9k fancoil, it would only cost me $2.45k. So you might want to ask the salesperson if 9k is enough to cool your MBR.

Last but not least, think you can just choose between the 2, cause they are reputable names for aircon (at least so far ever hear any complains against them.)

Hi fifi,

Cos the BTU (horsepower) of the non-inverter system is not enough to support living room + 2 bedrooms; where my living room needs higher BTU cos larger area than a regular bedroom.

So that's why lor... i thk?? hahhaa...sorry not very zai3 about such technical things ;p

Took extended warranty cos kiasu, in case anything happens within the next 5 yrs.... ;-p

Hi fifi,

Cos the BTU (horsepower) of the non-inverter system is not enough to support living room + 2 bedrooms; where my living room needs higher BTU cos larger area than a regular bedroom.

So that's why lor... i thk?? hahhaa...sorry not very zai3 about such technical things ;p

Took extended warranty cos kiasu, in case anything happens within the next 5 yrs.... ;-p

oh... i not very zai also... :lol:

as mentioned, we also airconed the living area. were deciding between inverter and non inverter too. the salesperson says with our usage habit, a non inverter will be better for us... so we took non inverter. but we got a separate system for the living room...

i also got the extended warranty. coz i was told normally the compressors are quite steady and seldom breakdown dat's why i asked this question... but too late since we've already gotten it... quite expensive for the extended warranty...