Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icebaby

Aircon Quotes (From Aron)

Can anyone help me? I'm a noob about aircons but i have read some from this forum but still not quite sure.

I'm living in a hdb flat @ Bishan 3-rm 64sq.m

I'm actually considering in getting a Toshiba Invertor Sys-3 (1 X Living room, 1 X Masterbed room & 1 X Study room)

So what must i look out for?

What copper pipe to use?

Which brand & size for the Insulator? (Hope i get it spell right)

What BTU is enough?

Do they normally charge to uninstall existing aircon before the new? How much?

Please advise me.. thank you!

Peter

Anyone?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I paid $3,688 for Mitsubishi Inverter System 4 (Starmex) And change to better copper pipings...

They installed until my pipings and trunkings all NOT the same as per discussed! 8| Finally had a solution, but I had to pay $100 to another contractor for their stupid mistake! Will deduct when the final payment comes....

Anyone?

its good that u getting toshiba.

for 3 room, u can get 2 x 9BTU and 1 x 12BTU.

this is already good enough for 3 room.

i used to stay in 3 room last time and my hall air con was only 9k BTU, but its already good enough. i got no complaints.

dun get too worried abt those piping or insulations.

Toshiba is under Carrier company in singapore. so their pipings requirement are already by Carrier company. you are in safe hands.

Any owners of premises who want to install air-conditioning units must engage trained installers to do so. This will ensure that the work is being properly carried out. Stainless steel bracket must be used to support the air-conditioning units in one of the standard methods stipulated in the Building Control Regulations.

Upon completion of the installation, the installer will submit the installation report to HDB if the air-conditioning unit is installed in an HDB flat or BCA if it is installed in a non-HDB flat.

Home | Building Control & Management | Legislation Of Air-Conditioning Supports

Air-Conditioning Unit Installation/Retrofitting Report

Upon completion of the installation works, the installer is required to submit the installation/retrofitting form to BCA for record. If the air-conditioning units are installed in private properties, use Form AC-01. If the air-conditioning units are installed in HDB flats, use Form AC-02.

This may have been discussed before. We are being proposed to install Daikin Inverter System 3 but using R22 gas. Is that okay for the foreseeable future?

its good that u getting toshiba.

for 3 room, u can get 2 x 9BTU and 1 x 12BTU.

this is already good enough for 3 room.

i used to stay in 3 room last time and my hall air con was only 9k BTU, but its already good enough. i got no complaints.

dun get too worried abt those piping or insulations.

Toshiba is under Carrier company in singapore. so their pipings requirement are already by Carrier company. you are in safe hands.

I got the same specifications for Toshiba (2x 9BTU for MBR/BR1 and 1 x 12BTU for living room), GC salesman was good in explaining why Toshiba is good. I also upgraded the copper wire, took the 5 year warranty and 2 year service

I got the same specifications for Toshiba (2x 9BTU for MBR/BR1 and 1 x 12BTU for living room), GC salesman was good in explaining why Toshiba is good. I also upgraded the copper wire, took the 5 year warranty and 2 year service

May i know how much did you paid?

I think 2X 9k BTU is enough for 2 rooms but as for my Living room i'm still not sure.. cause have already hacked the kitchen wall so actually the measurement will be

(according what is written on my floorplan)

HDB 3-rms

1)Living Rm + Kitchen

11000(Length) 3200(Breadth) - ???

2)Masterbed Rm

4500(Length) 2900(Breadth) - 9000BTU

3)Study Rm

4200(Length) 2900(Breadth) - 9000BTU

Insulator might want to use Armaflex 1/2 inch

Copperpipe Grade 23

PVC Drainage pipe 16mm

All this ok? I'm still not sure about this.

Edited by Peter_Chua

Hi all... I was quoted Mitsubishi non inverter for 2.2k, fujitsu inverter (new model) for 2.55k

All come with upgrade of piping to 1/2 inch, r410 gas and gst included for system 3, am also considering asking about toshiba...

You guys got any experiece with my options?

Edited by sohzai

Hi all... I was quoted Mitsubishi non inverter for 2.2k, fujitsu inverter (new model) for 2.55k

All come with upgrade of piping to 1/2 inch, r410 gas and gst included for system 3, am also considering asking about toshiba...

You guys got any experiece with my options?

Hi,

I got my Mti system 3 (non-inverter) @ $2108 (incl GST). Copper 22, 1/2 inch insulation & bracklet. I got it fm Gain City@IMM. u?

Hi,

I got my Mti system 3 (non-inverter) @ $2108 (incl GST). Copper 22, 1/2 inch insulation & bracklet. I got it fm Gain City@IMM. u?

Hi..mine is without bracket because i have a ledge for aircon. However, may I know if yours is using the r22 gas or r410 gas?

I got my quote from hong tar yesterday....

Hi..mine is without bracket because i have a ledge for aircon. However, may I know if yours is using the r22 gas or r410 gas?

I got my quote from hong tar yesterday....

I never ask abt the gas leh...which is better? I think Hong Har is more expensive compared to GC. Dun forget, my price include the bracklet which u do not need.

I never ask abt the gas leh...which is better? I think Hong Har is more expensive compared to GC. Dun forget, my price include the bracklet which u do not need.

From what I know, the r22 gas will be phased out by 2016, i.e, no more produced. So I chose the r410 gas which was supposed to be more efficient and environment friendly. Most importantly, it's going to be the gas that is replacing r22 now.

Price difference of using r22 is 100 less for my case. Yah...i know Hong Tar is slightly above market price. But I have not heard of complains from people who used their services yet, plus my ID has been liasing with them, thus I believe things will be smoother...

My only concern now is which model would serve me better...

From what I know, the r22 gas will be phased out by 2016, i.e, no more produced. So I chose the r410 gas which was supposed to be more efficient and environment friendly. Most importantly, it's going to be the gas that is replacing r22 now.

Price difference of using r22 is 100 less for my case. Yah...i know Hong Tar is slightly above market price. But I have not heard of complains from people who used their services yet, plus my ID has been liasing with them, thus I believe things will be smoother...

My only concern now is which model would serve me better...

The price quoted by Hong Tar is including r410 gas? I have checked my invoice, the quotation is meant for r22 gas. u mean r22 will be phasing out in 8 yrs time? wat happen if we are currently using r22 gas? pls enlighten me. thks!

The price quoted by Hong Tar is including r410 gas? I have checked my invoice, the quotation is meant for r22 gas. u mean r22 will be phasing out in 8 yrs time? wat happen if we are currently using r22 gas? pls enlighten me. thks!

Yupz..My quote is for r410 gas. Today have just decided to take the fujitsu inverter though. That is what I was told my hong tar staff. they told me if I need to top up r22 gas after 2016, it might not be available...