Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icebaby

Aircon Quotes (From Aron)

we just got our aircon at GC IMM today. Toshiba non-inverter sys 3. $1899. not sure if it is a good deal but we were too tired to shop around.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wah... seems like a good catch..

tea: how much BTU? Wat's the config?

Does Non-inverter and inverter have a lot of diff?

Wah... seems like a good catch..

tea: how much BTU? Wat's the config?

Does Non-inverter and inverter have a lot of diff?

GC promo @ causeway point: 899 for sys 3 fujitsu..

Hi Froze. My understanding is that only parts for the compressor is from Japan. Assembly and the fan coil units are in Thailand, as what I was told by a salesperson.

Yesterday i was sleeping over @ my friend's place.. and he's using Panasonic Air-con... i realise it's noisy and oso @ times there's dripping sound...

Can't sleep well for the whole nite...

Btw.. Toshiba inverter are made in Japan?

Edited by Starscream

Hi Froze. My understanding is that only parts for the compressor is from Japan. Assembly and the fan coil units are in Thailand, as what I was told by a salesperson.

nope.... i think toshiba is 100% made in japan. its the other brands tat are assembly in other countries.

the best way to find out is to call Carrier company. they are the distributor of Toshiba.

we just got our aircon at GC IMM today. Toshiba non-inverter sys 3. $1899. not sure if it is a good deal but we were too tired to shop around.

sounds a good deal..... anyway no need to go ard shopping for cheaper prices..

everywhere the prices are abt the same... no much difference at all.

the most impt thing is the installation quality. this is the MOST impt thing.

no point u pay 100 bucks cheaper for selling price but the installation quality is crap.

assured tat toshiba is a good brand to buy. u wont go wrong with toshiba

Froze: total BTU is 21k. the sales person said each unit is 9k BTU. hmm... not sure how it will work out. I was told non-Inv condenser is make in Thailand. only inverter condenser is make in Japan. We went for Non-Inv cos most of the time, only 1 aircon is in use.

Donut: ya, the more we shop, the more blur n tired we got. initially, the sales person quoted us $1950, we just tried out luck and asked if there is any national day discount, and he quoted $1899. installation is this wednesday. hope they will do a good job.

• Like 1

For me, most of the time only 1 air-con on....

@ most 2 on nia...

So i think maybe get non-inverter...

Bills will have a lot of diff btw inverter n non-inverter?

For me, most of the time only 1 air-con on....

@ most 2 on nia...

So i think maybe get non-inverter...

Bills will have a lot of diff btw inverter n non-inverter?

if u are using 1 or 2 unit at one time, all the MORE u should get inverter.....

this is where the energy savings come in.

if u are using 1 or 2 unit at one time, all the MORE u should get inverter.....

this is where the energy savings come in.

Really??? haiz. i was told that inverter savings will only kick in if I use at least 2 units for more than 8 hrs at one time. If not, there will be minimum savings.

Edited by tea

Really??? haiz. i was told that inverter savings will only kick in if I use at least 2 units for more than 8 hrs at one time. If not, there will be minimum savings.

I was quoted for $3680 for Toshiba System 4 (inverter)- 2 rooms - 10 BTU & 13 BTU for MBR & living hall, is the price okay?

Hi Guys, anyone used Hitachi Nano-Titanium Sys 3 aircon or other systems before ? its having 4 tick for energy saving, and using DC motor. Is it good ? how is Hitachi brand ? is it good ?

u got the wrong info.....

its the other way round.

if u use more units or all the units at the same time, invertor will not help u to save $$. it will be the same as non-invertor.

if u only use 1 or 2 units at one time, then invertor will save $$

hi,

anyone has comments about the new sanyo inverter.. the one that has few colour options one "Shiki Saikan? not sure what is the model number though.

considering that, mitshi and toshiba sys3 inverters.

i hacked the walls combining masterbed room and another room.. so do I need to on both aircons to get the room cool for sleep? the room measures 6.8m x 5.6m, ceiling height 2.9m. what BTU should I look at?

any help is appreciated!! Thanks!!

anyone has comments about the new sanyo inverter.. the one that has few colour options one "Shiki Saikan? not sure what is the model number though.
ttl_ims09.gif

Is the height of the air-con window opening > 740 mm for System 3, > 890 mm for System 4 or the air-con ledge is reachable via other areas?

the room measures 6.8m x 5.6m, ceiling height 2.9m. what BTU should I look at?
Calculation of the cooling load of a room can be very rather tedious - HVAC is a branch of applied engineering.

The methods of cooling load calculation used in air-

conditioning are:

o Manual method;

o Estimation method;

o Software method.

Locally, air-con installers just rely on a simplest formula of length x width of room to be cooled, in feet x 65 max, 50 min.