Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icebaby

Aircon Quotes (From Aron)

Just bought Mistubishi System 4 Inverter @ Gaincity Marina served by Din .. total damage 4k

MXY4A28VA, 10+10+10+13 with free 5yr warranty

upgraded to G22 ,1/2 inch and bracket

asked for 1hr to get free gift and vouchers in the end get nothing :( .. I think free 5yr warranty is quite worth it ..

2nd lowest quotation with same spec $3890 from HongTar.. but 5yr free warranty i cant resist, in the end go for GC .. hope ll get good technician

Edited by maxwell207

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Just bought Mistubishi System 4 Inverter @ Gaincity Marina served by Din .. total damage 4k

MXY4A28VA, 10+10+10+13 with free 5yr warranty

upgraded to G22 ,1/2 inch and bracket

asked for 1hr to get free gift and vouchers in the end get nothing :( .. I think free 5yr warranty is quite worth it ..

2nd lowest quotation with same spec $3890 from HongTar.. but 5yr free warranty i cant resist, in the end go for GC .. hope ll get good technician

Thats considered quite a good catch wiht the 5-yr warranty. And you are right with getting a good installer too cos even with warranty, the inconvenience caused with all the servicing & rectification is gonna be a hassle. But brands like Daikin which my folks has been using for the longest time has no problem at all even without regular servicing. But then again, they would usually only on it when sleeping.

guys...need your advise. got my new flat in punggol (total of 92sqm) and this is the first time i am shopping for aircon.

I will be hacking a wall to combine 2 rooms as my MBR. Only the MBR + another bedroom will be fix with aircon. no aircon in living room.

1) How many BTU should i be getting?

2) Should i be getting 1 or 2 unit of aircon for MBR?

3) Chances of both the MBR and Bedroom to on aircon is very low. (but not impossible)

4) The hotly debated qn: Inverter or Non-inverter? (I think i open aircon maybe just once or twice a week for 7 hrs in the MBR).

Edited by w3iw3n

1) Your MBR need a at least a 18kbtu and the small room 9kbtu

2) You can get a inverter system 2 (18kbtu + 9kbtu)

3) If the usage is low, you should consider a non-inverter. But non-inverter does not have system 2 for 18kbtu + 9kbtu except for daikin model. If you prefer to go for other brand and since punggol new flat air-con ledge can place 2 units of compressors, then you will need to buy 2 sets of single split ( one set 18kbtu and one set 9kbtu).

4) Inverter is the more u use, the more u save. For your case, it seem that non-inverter system suit you best.

Aron

Hi Aron, Thanks for the above.

Can I clarify roughly how much am i looking at if i go for 2 sets of single split (18k and 9k btu).

Can i go for system 3 with 3x9k btu (MBR 2x aircon and 1x aircon in the smaller room)? If it is this arrangement cheaper than the single split alternative?

guys...need your advise. got my new flat in punggol (total of 92sqm) and this is the first time i am shopping for aircon.

I will be hacking a wall to combine 2 rooms as my MBR. Only the MBR + another bedroom will be fix with aircon. no aircon in living room.

1) How many BTU should i be getting?

2) Should i be getting 1 or 2 unit of aircon for MBR?

3) Chances of both the MBR and Bedroom to on aircon is very low. (but not impossible)

4) The hotly debated qn: Inverter or Non-inverter? (I think i open aircon maybe just once or twice a week for 7 hrs in the MBR).

The 'cheap and good' solution is to have a a/c + fan combo in your masterbed room. With this combo, you don have to worry abt BTU, as 'any' a/c will be strong enough. U can get any system 2 a/c for your two rooms. Saves electricity too.

Hi,

Looking to install the following aircon

MXY-4A28VA-01 28,000BTU OUTDOOR UNIT (QTY-1)

MSY-GE-10VA 9000BTU (QTY-4)

Use half-inch installation *4 with 1 stainless steel bracket

Was quoted $3850 for everything. Is the price reasonable?

The sizes of my rm are as follows:-

3.6m*4.9m

3m*4.9m

5.3m*3m

3.25m*4.5m

Will 9000btu be sufficient to cool room of those sizes?

The BTU of the compressor is 28000BTU, so does that mean that i cannot on all the 4 aircons all at the same time?

Please advise

Thank You in advance!

may I know what is the standard installation practise of running the piping inside false ceiling and L-box? some told me no need to put insulated pipes inside trunking if conceal in L-box and false ceiling. is it true? 1st time installing a/c. need advise from you guys here. thanks

Hi,

Looking to install the following aircon

MXY-4A28VA-01 28,000BTU OUTDOOR UNIT (QTY-1)

MSY-GE-10VA 9000BTU (QTY-4)

Use half-inch installation *4 with 1 stainless steel bracket

Was quoted $3850 for everything. Is the price reasonable?

The sizes of my rm are as follows:-

3.6m*4.9m

3m*4.9m

5.3m*3m

3.25m*4.5m

Will 9000btu be sufficient to cool room of those sizes?

The BTU of the compressor is 28000BTU, so does that mean that i cannot on all the 4 aircons all at the same time?

Please advise

Thank You in advance!

Hi, Was quoted the following from Cool Serve. Hope it helps. Where did you get ur quotation from??

Supply and install 1 set of Wall Mounted Multi Split System 4 (Inverter), Mitsubishi Electric, MXY-4A28VA / 4 X MSY-GE10VA,

Price : $3,380.00, Price with 7% GST : $3,616.60

Hi, Was quoted the following from Cool Serve. Hope it helps. Where did you get ur quotation from??

Supply and install 1 set of Wall Mounted Multi Split System 4 (Inverter), Mitsubishi Electric, MXY-4A28VA / 4 X MSY-GE10VA,

Price : $3,380.00, Price with 7% GST : $3,616.60

cool serve charge one of the higest for installation $1000

We got a MHI system 3 inverter @2800 from a local dealer (PM me if you wish to have the contact) with 1/2 inch trunking last December, and had it installed two weeks ago. IMO they did a tidy job of running the trunking, and took the additional step of using silver duct tape for the small area of exposed trunking near the compressor. The warranty from the distributor is one year parts and 5 years compressor, excluding transport and labour costs (read the fine print).

On site inspection went well, cool air from all the fan coils so I was reasonably satisfied.

The real litmus test will be when we move in of course and the air con gets some proper usage, but all in all I don't think I could've asked for a smoother installation. After-sales response from the salesman was quite prompt and hassle-free too.

Hi

Anyone using daikin brand air con? Any feedback?

Thank u

this is my 3rd time using daikin.

1st set - 10 years going on strong

2nd set - 6 years going on strong

3rd set - 1 year going on strong

Does anyone know what is the thickest diameter tube we could use for our aircon drainage pvc pipe?

Can it be better that the standard 16mm? So it wont choke so fast?

I would only be installing 2 aircon units in the 2 bedroom. (MBR & Common Bedroom)

I want Daikin brand.

I turn on the aircon every nite for about 6 to 8hrs.

Also need snrs help.

1) Should i be buying inverter?

2) I was told also that inverter have 2 or 3 or 4 energy saving ticks also.

3) I was told R22 aircon gas is cheaper alot more.

4) So for both room my btu i am looking at would be 9000?

Thank you so so much.

Wen

Hi,

I was quoted $3688 for Toshiba Invertor sys 3 (12 + 9 + 9), upgraded to 12 inch, and the 5 years extended warranty. Well they throwing in $200 gain city voucher @ IMM Gain City.

Well still sourcing for better offers.

Best Regards