Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icebaby

Aircon Quotes (From Aron)

Hi,

I was quoted $3688 for Toshiba Invertor sys 3 (12 + 9 + 9), upgraded to 12 inch, and the 5 years extended warranty. Well they throwing in $200 gain city voucher @ IMM Gain City.

Well still sourcing for better offers.

Best Regards

i got my toshiba invertor 3 at Best Tech @ $2970....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Retrospective Report on Mitsubishi Electric

Gain City installer has done a perfect job on 01-08-2011 to install my Mitsubishi Inverter System 3. But happiness doesn’t last long. 2 days later, the aircon has not functioning well and having intermittently cooling problem which were not cold in the 2 rooms.

Call Gain City on 10-08-2011 and the installer response within 24 hours to check the gas pressure and certified there is no leakage.

On 12-08-2011, the Mitsubishi technician came and didn’t detect any fault and they left.

Over the few days the problem happened again, causing disturbance to me and my family in the sleep because the aircon becomes very stuffy.

Call the service centre again and they said they will send a supervisor, Mr Leong to install a data logger to my aircon.

Appointment was made on 19-08-2011 morning. Mr Leong forgotten about the appointment until I call the service centre to check. He later called admitted and apologize for he has forgotten about the appointment. Later he came and installed the 2 logger to the 2 bedrooms.

On 22-08-2011, The technician came and collect back the logger to upload data. Call the service centre in afternoon for results, the receptionist contact Mr Leong and promise that he will contact me around 5pm. But he never call at all.

On 23-08-2011, call service centre several times to insist someone to call me (that include Mr Karlos, the service manager)and no response from anyone.

At about 3pm, Mr Lee from service centre called and said that according to the logger results, my aircon was working fine. I asked him how about the data on Sunday night (21-08-2011), and he said that the logger didn’t record on Sunday night. (Which the problem happened to the MBR on that night until Monday morning, where the other room the logger did recorded) I asked him then what should we do now. He answer that “IF I WANT THEN I SHOULD CALL THE CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICER TO BOOK ANOTHER APPOINTMENT TO INSTALL THE LOGGER AGAIN!! then he hang up on me. I think he should as least help in the arrangement not asking me to call myself and also not to hang up on me.

I was very unhappy so I called to meet the General Manager, and appointment was confirm as the receptionist said that he was in the office.

I went to the service centre to look for the General Manager, the service reception said he was on the phone and ask me take a seat. 10 minutes later, she told me that he was not around. Ask me to proceed to the Asia Office (next building) to see the General Manager there. So I went over, the receptionist said there were too many General Manager around and which one I would like to see. I told her I would like to see the Service or Sales General Manager, she told me then both also not around.

Later she called several times to the service centre just to get service manager to come over and talk to me, but after waiting for 45 minutes then Mr Karlos and Mr Joe came and they also admitted that the aircon was not able to cool the room according to the logger data.

I made my proposal to them as follows;

1. To replace my aircon system with a NEW one, or

2. To return the product, or

3. We will settle the dispute with Consumer Association.

Mr Joe promised to reply me with a favourable reply by 24-08-2011 5pm and Mr Karlos said if they need more time they will definitely call me.

Today until 5pm, nobody call me (empty promises again). So I call Mr Karlos and he said he need more time, and request that he may need to send their engineer down to my place again. I rejected his request and informed him that I still stick to the proposal as mentioned above.

Hi,

thanks for sharing your bad experience with Mitsubishi aircon bought through Gain City.

But is the problem resolved by now?

hope to hear from u.

Retrospective Report on Mitsubishi Electric

Gain City installer has done a perfect job on 01-08-2011 to install my Mitsubishi Inverter System 3. But happiness doesn’t last long. 2 days later, the aircon has not functioning well and having intermittently cooling problem which were not cold in the 2 rooms.

Call Gain City on 10-08-2011 and the installer response within 24 hours to check the gas pressure and certified there is no leakage.

On 12-08-2011, the Mitsubishi technician came and didn’t detect any fault and they left.

Over the few days the problem happened again, causing disturbance to me and my family in the sleep because the aircon becomes very stuffy.

Call the service centre again and they said they will send a supervisor, Mr Leong to install a data logger to my aircon.

Appointment was made on 19-08-2011 morning. Mr Leong forgotten about the appointment until I call the service centre to check. He later called admitted and apologize for he has forgotten about the appointment. Later he came and installed the 2 logger to the 2 bedrooms.

On 22-08-2011, The technician came and collect back the logger to upload data. Call the service centre in afternoon for results, the receptionist contact Mr Leong and promise that he will contact me around 5pm. But he never call at all.

On 23-08-2011, call service centre several times to insist someone to call me (that include Mr Karlos, the service manager)and no response from anyone.

At about 3pm, Mr Lee from service centre called and said that according to the logger results, my aircon was working fine. I asked him how about the data on Sunday night (21-08-2011), and he said that the logger didn’t record on Sunday night. (Which the problem happened to the MBR on that night until Monday morning, where the other room the logger did recorded) I asked him then what should we do now. He answer that “IF I WANT THEN I SHOULD CALL THE CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICER TO BOOK ANOTHER APPOINTMENT TO INSTALL THE LOGGER AGAIN!! then he hang up on me. I think he should as least help in the arrangement not asking me to call myself and also not to hang up on me.

I was very unhappy so I called to meet the General Manager, and appointment was confirm as the receptionist said that he was in the office.

I went to the service centre to look for the General Manager, the service reception said he was on the phone and ask me take a seat. 10 minutes later, she told me that he was not around. Ask me to proceed to the Asia Office (next building) to see the General Manager there. So I went over, the receptionist said there were too many General Manager around and which one I would like to see. I told her I would like to see the Service or Sales General Manager, she told me then both also not around.

Later she called several times to the service centre just to get service manager to come over and talk to me, but after waiting for 45 minutes then Mr Karlos and Mr Joe came and they also admitted that the aircon was not able to cool the room according to the logger data.

I made my proposal to them as follows;

1. To replace my aircon system with a NEW one, or

2. To return the product, or

3. We will settle the dispute with Consumer Association.

Mr Joe promised to reply me with a favourable reply by 24-08-2011 5pm and Mr Karlos said if they need more time they will definitely call me.

Today until 5pm, nobody call me (empty promises again). So I call Mr Karlos and he said he need more time, and request that he may need to send their engineer down to my place again. I rejected his request and informed him that I still stick to the proposal as mentioned above.

hi hi,

need some advise from the experts over here, i jus bought a 3 room flat and now looking into reno, furnish etc...

and of course air con for my flat. So far i went down to Gain city and courts to take a look at the aircons and i was comparing Panasonic and Sharp.

u might be thinking why i was into Sharp cos my present house is using Sharp for about 5 yrs plus and it does not fail me (touch wood) till now except for some water driping due to i did not service it regularly :(

the guy from GC keep promoting Mit HI which i'm not really interested.

a few questions i sincerly need from u guys

1) Is sys 2 good enough for my flat or sys 3 which includes the living hall

why i ask this question is i'm kinda confuse cos my friends are saying that living hall need not to install cos i seldom use it and its wast of $$(which is true cos my present house for 5 yrs plus i dont even on it for more then 20 times)

2)Panasonic as the salesman form Courts was telling me i must mount it very high cos this aircon the flipping is top down and will not be cooling if i mount it too low (but i like the design :)

now final question which brand should i go for?

1) Sharp sys 3 $2839 plus $150 bracket and $120 (dunno what upgrade of the armflax thingy)9+9+12 GC

2) Panasonic sys 3 $3089 plus $150 and $120 GC

3) Midea sys 3 $2168 top up $55 for 12k btu plus $130 bracket ... (he was telling me on site visit to determine i need to upgrade the armflax thingy

the guy from Courts looks more honest cos he is not pushy and he gave mi losta advice and he told Midea is oem toshiba and no harm trying this China brand.

he also advise if sys 3 whether i will on my 3 aircon at one go or not cos the compressor i will need to get is 28k instead of 21k but i told him no way i will on my 3 aircons at the same time..

any kind souls can tell mi shall i go for sys 2/3?? and which brand is really good.

thanks

chelsea

Hi guys, need help here..

Bought mitsubishi starmex single split system non-inverter with crea*** air for my 3rm for my master room. i think i'm misleaded and was given the wrong model by the salesperson intentionally.

i realise the model number on my invoice is MS-E10VC (a r22 model which is not stated as starmex in mitsubishi website),

i suppose the STARMEX model should be MS-AD10VB, a r410 model.

Hence my question is, is MS-E10VC part of the starmex system? cause the website didnt say so.

other question is, they claim that aluminium pipe is an upgrade to the copper pipe, so i choose alu.

the invoice written is stated as *free upgrade* to alu piping, is this consider upgrade or downgrade?

for those looking for single split, my price was $795 + $100 (bracket).

MSE10VC is a R22 gas single split from mitsubishi starmex.

Aluminium pipe is a 2nd grade piping. It cannot even compare with the thin G24 copper pipe. To prolong the life span of the air-con piping, it is suggested to go for either a G23 or G22 copper piping.

aron (aronputt@gmail.com)

thanks aron,

than i have to go check if they intentionally giving me the old model r22 rather than r410a (while quoting me for r410a, i guess, they can mislead on piping, they can do the same for compressor.)

MSE10VC is a R22 gas single split from mitsubishi starmex.

Aluminium pipe is a 2nd grade piping. It cannot even compare with the thin G24 copper pipe. To prolong the life span of the air-con piping, it is suggested to go for either a G23 or G22 copper piping.

aron (aronputt@gmail.com)

Hi Aron,

I'm moving into our EM at Bukit Batok early Dec.

We've decided on 3 options for air-con installation:

(1) 3 units on 2nd floor, Master Bedroom and 2 other bedrooms;

(2) 3 units on 2nd floor and 1 unit on 1st floor, living room;

(3) 3 units on 2nd floor and 2 units on 1st floor, living room and utility room (converted to bedroom)

My contractor has provided me a quote of $2,800 for Panasonic Invertor System based on Option 1.

Could you advise whether this is reasonable and provide me with a quote for all the above options?

Much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Aron,

I had decided on 3 options for air-con installation:

(1) Mistubishi inverter system 3 (MXY-3A28VA/ 2xGE10VA 1xGE13VA) for Master Bedroom and 2 other bedrooms; single wall mount Mitsubishi MUY-GE18VA/MSYGE18VA) for living room;

(2) Mistubishi inverter system 3 (MXY-3A28VA/ 2xGE10VA 1xGE13VA) for Master Bedroom and 2 other bedrooms; single wall mount Daikin (RKS50GVMG/FTKS50GVMG)

(3) Mistubishi inverter system 4 (MXY-3A28VA/ 2xGE10VA 1xGE13VA and 1x GE18VA)

Could you provide me with a quote for all the above options? I just send a mail to you.

Thanks

Hi Aron,

Please advice on air-con system(s) suitable for my new HDB 4 room unit and I do prefer a set that is made in Japan, powerful yet quiet enough for:

1. Living Room aka exercise room

2. Bedroom 2 & 3 wall hacked combined into a single master bedroom with walk in closet.

3. Former Master bedroom now becomes Study Room

4. Kitchen & yard combine to become 1 & that's my first choice to put my pet cages else,

5. How to cool the shelter for my pets?

Hi Aron

i have a question. my rooms are 3m by 4m

Do i need to get the below system 3 or the other spec is sufficent

- Panasonic inverter system 3 CU3S27MKZ (new) / CSS12MKZ + CSS9MKZ X 2 (12kbtu+ 9k btu X 2)

=============================================

Panasonic inverter system 3 CU3S27MKZ (new) CSS9MKZ X 3 ( 9k btu X 3)

Thanks

Freddy

Hi,

I am thinking of installing Sharp Inverter System 3 Air Con (AU-X3M24LV / AH-XPC9LV x 3) to replace my existing Toshiba air con. The reason I am choosing Sharp is because it comes with Plasmacluster filtering & ioniser which is beneficial for my kid who has eczema & sinusitis.

Does anyone has any experience with Sharp Inverter Air Con to share? Will appreciate for any advice & comment. Thank you.

Hi,

I am thinking of installing Sharp Inverter System 3 Air Con (AU-X3M24LV / AH-XPC9LV x 3) to replace my existing Toshiba air con. The reason I am choosing Sharp is because it comes with Plasmacluster filtering & ioniser which is beneficial for my kid who has eczema & sinusitis.

Does anyone has any experience with Sharp Inverter Air Con to share? Will appreciate for any advice & comment. Thank you.

Dont buy a aircon because it offers Plasmacluster filtering & ioniser, you should invest in a Honeywell Air Purifier instead.

http://www.allergy.com.sg/honeywell.html

Edited by albertchng