Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icebaby

Aircon Quotes (From Aron)

Hi Hi

I am new to this forum...

Been very troubled over what Aircon that we should buy and install..Could someone give us some advice?

Ok as for us, We just bought a 5rm standard flat at Jurong West 110sqm

We have a square living /dinning room.

Our relatives actually gave us their 3mth to 6mth old LG LM-2065C3L sys 3 non- invertor aircon for our 3 bedroom.

http://cars-portal.com/2006/06/24/lg-multi...ype-lm-2065c3l/

And my husband wants 1 aircon for our living room also ...

The quotes we got for installing this 3 to 6mths old aircon plus 1 non-invertor M.E = $2000

M.E sys 4 plus invertor installation from one of the IMM shops (forgotten the shop name) = $3600

QNS: Should we install these LG sys 3 in the first place? Cos we heard alot that says LG brand uses quite a lot of energy.. electricity bill wil be very high...

Qns 2 : or we should abandon using the LG sys 3 and go for M.E sys 4 invertor directly?

Qns 3: If we install the LG aircon - in 2 or 3 yr down the road if it breaks down or we decided to go for a new one, do we need to re-do the wiring and piping also??

Currently, its only me and husband will be living in this flat - Main usage will be from 10pm to 6am daily for MBR. And about 2 to 4 hrs living room over the weekends. 2 bedroom aircon will not be using that often perhaps just the study room for like e.g 2hrs at most once in a while since we do not have kids yet?

help pls :) Thank you!

Hi,

Ans1: Its dependant on u, I dun tink its worth the hassle & money to install the LG sys 3. Anyway, jus my personal point of view. Feel LG consumes energy more dan other brand & seems diff to install wif problems in future.

Ans2: Very hard to advise. U gotto c ur preference, budget and usage.

Ans3: I dun tink its required unless the configuration is totally diff in years to come.

1 Qn,

since its only u & ur husband in this flat wif nite usage while sleeping, and seldom ON the rest of the units. Y need such a costly one?

If ur not utilising it as often, no point getting invertor.

Furthermore, ur family is small. Felt its even more $ wasteful to buy sys4 cos the aircon nowadays wunt last aso. Life span probably abt 8yrs?

All the above r my point of view only. :jawdrop:

Edited by Lin & L3x

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Dun noe if we get the aircon together from one supplier, do you think we can get a better deal?

Maybe combine 5 household. Interested?

Bulk purchase? :lol::~ I dun mind if they can bill us separately (else 1 receipt for all a bit tedious when and if there's maintainence issue in future) and it's cheaper.

An update on Natural Cool. As mine will be used for 4 rms (1 MBR, 2 bedrms, 1 study), the fellow proposed a 4x9k btu unit. With installation, bracket, insulation @ 3/8" nyslex class 1, 2 times tpt, copper gauge 24. Cost = $3735. Forgot to ask incl gst liao bo.

If want, upgrade @ $240 for 1/2" insulation AND copper gauge 23. Insulation is nyslex which he claimed it's owned by them and fabricated in Msia. They do not use Armaflex as although it is a German brand, its fabricated in China. :bow:

He also sugg not to take up the servicing pckg (which they have @ $400, same price as GC). Said this pckg is offered by Mit thus its std. Because it covers (i may get some spellings wrong coz not familiar):

Indoor units - PCB, fan motor, thermostat & swing motor.

Condensor - PCB, fan motor, thermostat, compressor (?).

Comments anyone? I guessed have to get GC to requote based on new reqds since for mine it is 4rms and not living rm - dun need the 12k btu in mbr mah. :deal:

Hello- could some kind soul advice us on our situation??

You mentioned the LG is only 3-6mths old, I personally won't mind. If you don't use it often, than it's ok if it consume a little more electricity. But the installation cost seems high to me, you might want to ask around to compare.

For the living room, are you going to on often? If not, an inverter system may not be worth it too.

I am also not toying between inverter and non-inverter because I got ceiling fans in every room and living/dining room got 3 ceiling fans. :bow: So have to consider will now no the aircon as often as I do now.

Bulk purchase? :rofl::bow: I dun mind if they can bill us separately (else 1 receipt for all a bit tedious when and if there's maintainence issue in future) and it's cheaper.

An update on Natural Cool. As mine will be used for 4 rms (1 MBR, 2 bedrms, 1 study), the fellow proposed a 4x9k btu unit. With installation, bracket, insulation @ 3/8" nyslex class 1, 2 times tpt, copper gauge 24. Cost = $3735. Forgot to ask incl gst liao bo.

If want, upgrade @ $240 for 1/2" insulation AND copper gauge 23. Insulation is nyslex which he claimed it's owned by them and fabricated in Msia. They do not use Armaflex as although it is a German brand, its fabricated in China. :sport-smiley-003:

He also sugg not to take up the servicing pckg (which they have @ $400, same price as GC). Said this pckg is offered by Mit thus its std. Because it covers (i may get some spellings wrong coz not familiar):

Indoor units - PCB, fan motor, thermostat & swing motor.

Condensor - PCB, fan motor, thermostat, compressor (?).

Comments anyone? I guessed have to get GC to requote based on new reqds since for mine it is 4rms and not living rm - dun need the 12k btu in mbr mah. :bleah:

They quoted you Mit Starmex inverter sys4? How much they quote me so much, without bracket some more. Maybe they guy don't like me. Still too high for my liking.

You mentioned the LG is only 3-6mths old, I personally won't mind. If you don't use it often, than it's ok if it consume a little more electricity. But the installation cost seems high to me, you might want to ask around to compare.

For the living room, are you going to on often? If not, an inverter system may not be worth it too.

I am also not toying between inverter and non-inverter because I got ceiling fans in every room and living/dining room got 3 ceiling fans. :( So have to consider will now no the aircon as often as I do now.

They quoted you Mit Starmex inverter sys4? How much they quote me so much, without bracket some more. Maybe they guy don't like me. Still too high for my liking.

Us gals are better in getting a better deal? :bangwall:

Hubby feels better with GC. I double checked w GC on the BTU. Earlier was quoted 3 x 9k and 1 x 12k (for mbr). My living rms will have ceiling fans and we doubt it's easy to cool it down (even with 2 units). So effectively can consider as 4 bedrms. Asked him why recommended us 12k for MBR, he said its $50 more compared to 9k btu each for all 4 bedrms. Acted blur and asked him if promo (dunno what free humidifier) still on. He said it is. Guess what when i asked abt the price? A good $100-$200 off my earlier quote. :sport-smiley-004: So i know the range they can sell... :P

How much were you quoted for Mit Invertor unit sys 4 @ other shops?

Us gals are better in getting a better deal? :notti:

Hubby feels better with GC. I double checked w GC on the BTU. Earlier was quoted 3 x 9k and 1 x 12k (for mbr). My living rms will have ceiling fans and we doubt it's easy to cool it down (even with 2 units). So effectively can consider as 4 bedrms. Asked him why recommended us 12k for MBR, he said its $50 more compared to 9k btu each for all 4 bedrms. Acted blur and asked him if promo (dunno what free humidifier) still on. He said it is. Guess what when i asked abt the price? A good $100-$200 off my earlier quote. 8| So i know the range they can sell... :notti:

How much were you quoted for Mit Invertor unit sys 4 @ other shops?

Ya lah ya lah...you gals are bargaining experts lah :bleah:

:ph34r::)8|

I know electronic item price always drop, but 1-2 weeks drop $100-200 a bit too much right 8|

So their price very flexible. If you are firm to get from them, I somehow got a feeling can bargain some more leh. :notti:

I asking more on Toshiba leh. Mitsubishi I think around $3400 to $3600 without bracket. Maybe you check with them without bracket how much, and if get 2 sets got cheaper boh... :notti:

The one who quote is $3600 from Imm All best.

But the lady, pauline did not tell me whether this price include bracket and then those class 0 / class 1 copper pipe...

Until i come to this forum then i know even pipe are diff classes??

Pls guide me what to look out for when getting aircon... Thank you guys... :notti:

hi all,

Do anybody know which Brand of insulation are the top grade, is Armaflex the top grade?

The most Thick is how many " inche thick? And the Copper pipe which brand the best? only know gauge 23 is Good.

What else to look For? Any expert please advise...

I highly recommend you read this blog:

http://singapore-aircon.blogspot.com/

Under the section Materials and Installation I extracted the following:

DIAMETER

What is so important abt copper pipe diameter?

CAUSED the manufacturer specified this in their catalog!! If it is not important then why the manufacturer bothers to specific! Understand?

Generally

1) Liquid Pipe Diameter(from outdoor to indoor) is 6.35mm or 12.7mm for most brands.

2) Gas Pipe Diameter (from indoor to outdoor) is 9.52mm for 9K btu fan coil, 12.7mm for 12k & 15k btu fan coil and 15.88mm for 18k & 24k btu fan coil for most brands.

**Please refer to individual catalogues for more details.

3) Thickness of the copper pipe generally range from Gauge 25(0.51mm) to Gauge 22(0.71mm) with most of the installers using either Gauge 24(0.56mm) or Grade 23(0.61mm)

** U can try asking the salesman to provide a 12.7mm copper pipe for a 9k fan coil and expect the fan coil to blow out 12K of cold air. BUTZ! dun expect the manufacturer to warranty your air con after that. **

Class 1 & Class O = Fire Propagation Test Standards for insulation. In simple terms, the insulation inability to burn. Someone here mentioned that it is not so important whether it is class 0 or class 1, more important is the thickness. Usually installer will try to give 3/8" but recommended seems to be 1/2".

Ya lah ya lah...you gals are bargaining experts lah :)

:notti::bleah::(

I know electronic item price always drop, but 1-2 weeks drop $100-200 a bit too much right :good:

So their price very flexible. If you are firm to get from them, I somehow got a feeling can bargain some more leh. :)

I asking more on Toshiba leh. Mitsubishi I think around $3400 to $3600 without bracket. Maybe you check with them without bracket how much, and if get 2 sets got cheaper boh... :notti:

You dun need the bracket? I asked them if need to replace the bracket coz the prev owner had aircon and there's already a bracket. He said better chg so that you have a better peace of mind. Makes sense. Anything happen *touch wood*, I will bang their table.

The one who quote is $3600 from Imm All best.

But the lady, pauline did not tell me whether this price include bracket and then those class 0 / class 1 copper pipe...

Until i come to this forum then i know even pipe are diff classes??

Pls guide me what to look out for when getting aircon... Thank you guys... :)

hi all,

Do anybody know which Brand of insulation are the top grade, is Armaflex the top grade?

The most Thick is how many " inche thick? And the Copper pipe which brand the best? only know gauge 23 is Good.

What else to look For? Any expert please advise...

Hihi, I also started learning AC stuff here... Believed Armaflex is common, unless you go to Natural Cool which uses their own product (Nyslex or something).

I highly recommend you read this blog:

http://singapore-aircon.blogspot.com/

Under the section Materials and Installation I extracted the following:

Class 1 & Class O = Fire Propagation Test Standards for insulation. In simple terms, the insulation inability to burn. Someone here mentioned that it is not so important whether it is class 0 or class 1, more important is the thickness. Usually installer will try to give 3/8" but recommended seems to be 1/2".

Thanks Keltong, for the info. I only know what to look out for but the actual reason why, I :) Haha~ But i will not confirm so fast as I can still hold till the end of this mth. How abt yrs?

You dun need the bracket? I asked them if need to replace the bracket coz the prev owner had aircon and there's already a bracket. He said better chg so that you have a better peace of mind. Makes sense. Anything happen *touch wood*, I will bang their table.

Hihi, I also started learning AC stuff here... Believed Armaflex is common, unless you go to Natural Cool which uses their own product (Nyslex or something).

Thanks Keltong, for the info. I only know what to look out for but the actual reason why, I :notti: Haha~ But i will not confirm so fast as I can still hold till the end of this mth. How abt yrs?

Below is the MS starmex non invertor system 3 quote that i gotten with bracket

Hong Tar

$1930 = R22; 3/8" insulation using G23 Cu. Class 1 for indoor and Class 0 for outdoor. Addition $150 for 1/2'

Natural Cool

$2200= R410A, 3/8" insulation using G23 Cu. Class 1 for indoor/outdoor. Addition $200 for 1/2'

Kaisoon

$2100= R410A, 3/8" insulation using G23 Cu. Class 0 for indoor/outdoor. Addition $200 for 1/2'

Coolserve

$2097= R410A, 3/8" insulation using G23 Cu. Class 0 for indoor/outdoor. Addition $200 for 1/2'

Aircool

$2250= R410A, 3/8" insulation using N24 Cu. Class 1 for indoor and Class 0 for outdoor. Addition $200 for 1/2'

KunSeng

$2100= R410A, 3/8" insulation using G23 Cu. Class 1 for indoor/outdoor. Addition $150 for 1/2'

Allbest

$1880 = R22A, 3/8" insulation using G23 Cu. Class 1 for indoor/outdoor. Addition $150 for 1/2'

Hope the info is of useful to those who want to install non-inventor system 3.

Thanks Keltong, for the info. I only know what to look out for but the actual reason why, I :bleah: Haha~ But i will not confirm so fast as I can still hold till the end of this mth. How abt yrs?

Mine got aircon ledge, so no need bracket. :good:

I also not decided leh, at first was quite sure, but after installing ceiling fans in every room, and this few days at my parent's place sleeping near ceiling fan, got 2nd thoughts, think I will use aircon a lot less than previously. So now wondering if to go for inverter or non-inverter.... :notti: What am I so flicker minded!

Can save quite a bit if go for non-inverter leh...but.... :(

Mine got aircon ledge, so no need bracket. !!

I also not decided leh, at first was quite sure, but after installing ceiling fans in every room, and this few days at my parent's place sleeping near ceiling fan, got 2nd thoughts, think I will use aircon a lot less than previously. So now wondering if to go for inverter or non-inverter.... :dunno: What am I so flicker minded!

Can save quite a bit if go for non-inverter leh...but.... :dunno:

Actually, i prefer fans personally. But gotta think long term when weather is so erm warm...

Can't help u in deciding invertor/non-inverter. :notti:

Let me know which brand n the btu combi... and i happen to call them can shun bian try to ask them for yr combi bah... :D

Actually, i prefer fans personally. But gotta think long term when weather is so erm warm...

Can't help u in deciding invertor/non-inverter. :dunno:

Let me know which brand n the btu combi... and i happen to call them can shun bian try to ask them for yr combi bah... !!

Kum sia kum sia...But I still cannot fully decide yet...once I decided and if you are still also calling for quotes than I trouble you again :dunno:

So you going for inverter?

Can't help u in deciding invertor/non-inverter. :dunno:

Let me know which brand n the btu combi... and i happen to call them can shun bian try to ask them for yr combi bah... :dunno:

My personal thoughts

Non inverter requirement

Small family: Couple or + 1 kid ( 1~5 yrs old)

One or two units operating for less than 12hrs/day.

Aircon life span ~ 8yrs. By then aircon dies liao, upgrade to inverter when got new member + kid grow up/

Inverter requirement

Bigger family : 2 ~ 4 adults + 1 or 2 kids.

2 or more units operating for >12hrs. Make more sense to use inverter.

i stayed in 4rm flat and planning to instal aircon sys 3 in the house. Currently using a window unit which is almost 10 years old. one for MDR, one for study room..and one for guest room (mum complain warm when coming over to play mahjong with bro and sis in law).

I recently ask GC at causeway point. The sales guy comment Toshiba got noisy compressor (non-inverter) so he recommend Panasonic which is quieter. Me and hubby super seldom use aircon, which explain for the 10 years old & still working window aircon unit.

For Panasonic sys 3 non-inverter cost $1926 + $150 bracket + $180 upgrade class 1 and copper 22. He says 22 better than 23. I dunno if it is true.

Any advice?