Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icebaby

Aircon Quotes (From Aron)

i stayed in 4rm flat and planning to instal aircon sys 3 in the house. Currently using a window unit which is almost 10 years old. one for MDR, one for study room..and one for guest room (mum complain warm when coming over to play mahjong with bro and sis in law).

I recently ask GC at causeway point. The sales guy comment Toshiba got noisy compressor (non-inverter) so he recommend Panasonic which is quieter. Me and hubby super seldom use aircon, which explain for the 10 years old & still working window aircon unit.

For Panasonic sys 3 non-inverter cost $1926 + $150 bracket + $180 upgrade class 1 and copper 22. He says 22 better than 23. I dunno if it is true.

Any advice?

G22 then your trunking very big. Tot class 0 better than 1 coz fireproof. Why don't u get a quote from Hong Tar or Allbest for comparsion.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i read somewhere in either this forum or the SGbride..that Allbest not very recommended..after buying, really pray hard for all the best to the buyer...As for Hong Tar, seems getting postive feedback i will try tomorrow.

i read somewhere in either this forum or the SGbride..that Allbest not very recommended..after buying, really pray hard for all the best to the buyer...As for Hong Tar, seems getting postive feedback i will try tomorrow.

Yes the trunking is very fat, the sales guy says the insulation is much better..cos the trunking run across the room from one end of wardrobe to the other end...afraid water leakage will wet the clothes...

Yes the trunking is very fat, the sales guy says the insulation is much better..cos the trunking run across the room from one end of wardrobe to the other end...afraid water leakage will wet the clothes...

Insulation depends on the insulation flex thickness not the Cu. Thicker Cu dia does give better efficiency as compare to a thinner ones.

err....so in layman term...is copper 22 better than copper 23, class 1 or class 0?? so blur...

G23 is good enough. Class 0 or 1 is more for safety aspect.

Use class 0 for outdoor unit for safety as where the compressor may burnt and catch fire. But unlikely will happen. So class 1 is good enough for both indoor & outdoor.

For 3/8 or 1/2'' insulation, 3/8 is good enough if you are not a heavy aircon user, i.e u don't see any signifcant saving if upgrade to 1/2'. If ppl ON all units at the same time, then it make sense to use invertor with 1/2' insulation.

i called Hong Tar

Panasonic non inverter sys 3 $1900 + $120 bracket + $240 for upgrade to 1/2" tingy, copper 22 and class 1.

Also got 15metre restricted for trunking...if exceed will have to pay. So total is $2260

GC is $2256. not much diff lah. so will have to analyse on after sales service hor...

i called Hong Tar

Panasonic non inverter sys 3 $1900 + $120 bracket + $240 for upgrade to 1/2" tingy, copper 22 and class 1.

Also got 15metre restricted for trunking...if exceed will have to pay. So total is $2260

GC is $2256. not much diff lah. so will have to analyse on after sales service hor...

Aircon price very competitive, diff 100~200. Better to choose one with good installation workmanship & servicing. Heard Hong Tar workmanship good. Me likely get them to install the starmex non-invertor.

It's actually 1 of my kakis who said tt better get invertor. Her bro had gotten a non-invertor (2 adults + 1 <5 yr old kid) and said the electrical charges was quite high... We have no idea if it can last >10 yrs coz my current family unit is using Daikin and it is still working well after 10 yrs. :notti: It's an non-invertor and only the MBR is normally on the whole night, and my father was grumbling abt the increasing cost, with all other appliances notwithstanding. :notti:

Dun noe if we get the aircon together from one supplier, do you think we can get a better deal?

Maybe combine 5 household. Interested?

i'm keen. count me in. anyone else keen?

i'm keen. count me in. anyone else keen?

i have not done enuff research wor...for sys 3...i low low usage...only me and hubby. on fan also must cover blanky...beside panasonic..any good recommendation.

mitshubishi i heard the compressor made in Japan, if spoilt no spare parts wor..panasonic factory in sg hor..hmm..how how..

i have not done enuff research wor...for sys 3...i low low usage...only me and hubby. on fan also must cover blanky...beside panasonic..any good recommendation.

mitshubishi i heard the compressor made in Japan, if spoilt no spare parts wor..panasonic factory in sg hor..hmm..how how..

That was exactly what my air-con contractor told me. He recommended Toshiba as the spare parts are more widely available in Singapore.

Im also open to bulk purchase. But not sure if have to be same model or not?

Im looking to get the Misubishi HI invertor, as the features look very gd. Been to gain city and best tech alr, but i find best tech quote n pricing is better.

for my case, dun feel like paying the premium for jack neo....so i'll take toshiba system 3. getting non inverter.

Toshiba compressor made in Japan but assembled in Thailand. MS compressor made in Thailand and also assembled there.

I go and ask if can get a good price if more households take the same model but bill separately.

Toshiba compressor made in Japan but assembled in Thailand. MS compressor made in Thailand and also assembled there.

I go and ask if can get a good price if more households take the same model but bill separately.

I'm in bulk purchase too for Toshiba sys 3 non-inverter, but has to be finalised fast as my renovation completing soon...