Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icebaby

Aircon Quotes (From Aron)

ME will be a better choice bah... as japan brand is always better than korean brand? Most of my friend used ME starmex...so far no complaints.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I just paid a deposit for my aircon but we are still considering whether to take the LG ($1520) or Mitsubishi System 3 non-inverter ($1830)..

I heard dat ME is quieter but salesman said its becoz of the fan speed. But fan speed slower means the condenser unit doesn't cool down so much..

He actually recommended LG coz the EER (Energy Efficiency Ratio) is higher and provides higher BTU at 25k. (Recommended by NEA)

ME is very popular but is it becoz of the brand or is it really very good? Initially we oso wanted to go for ME but now not sure..

Anyone can advise? LG or ME? :rolleyes:

Ur price include installation and braket?Which shop?

The price is b4 GST but includes installation and bracket. They're giving Insulation K-Flex Class O, which they claim is a free upgrade from Class 1. They are also giving a free gift : stand fan, rice cooker, insect repellent or some grill/steamboat thingy (but the brand is not smthing i've heard b4)

Company is Best Tech at IMM

The price is b4 GST but includes installation and bracket. They're giving Insulation K-Flex Class O, which they claim is a free upgrade from Class 1. They are also giving a free gift : stand fan, rice cooker, insect repellent or some grill/steamboat thingy (but the brand is not smthing i've heard b4)

Be careful

Nothing is free in the world. Play safe rather be sorry.

Just like renovation the more freebies, more things will need to be worried.

Material and the qualilty of the product might not be up to the required standard.

As they mention class 0, it sounds good but first of all do u really required up to this? Class 1 is far more then enough.

There are a few things which also need to take note on it.

1) Thickness of the insulation

2) Grade of class use ? <<< u are using Class 0

3) What is the gadge (copper pipe) use ? is it gadge 23 ?

4) Is it using "3 cord 70" wiring cable ?

5) Is the drainage pipe insulation all the way ?

And last but not least, who is the contractor whom is going to install for you. 3rd party contractor or directly from them. Keep a look out on this.

Hope this help you clear ur doubt.

I got quote from Gaincity

LG Sys 3 $1779

Panasonic Sys 3 $1729

Inclusive of installation, Accoflex 3/8", no limit on piping if install at HDB.

Brackets additional $150

Prices are nett.

Is this a good deal? Not sure if I should wait for better deal.

I got mine at All Best...and they actually got a 3rd party contractor to do the job... (I can see the company name from the van they drove)...it's not even a All best van..

why I get from All best because they allow 2 visit (actually I got 3, first one is to discuss slightly with my ID on the placement and how the pipe run, while the remove the existing one and install at my parents' place)

the installer a bit attitude, like do thing very buay song like that...

but kudos to their work...it's quite well done...

Their price is definately one of the cheapest..no gst...

I dun like gain city...(becos they got brand, they very proud) and besttech, only keep pushing Mitsubishi when I was asking for Toshiba...they could quote me very cheap for Toshiba, but immediately, they condemn Toshiba, and keep pushing for Mitsubishi...

I got quote from Gaincity

LG Sys 3 $1779

Panasonic Sys 3 $1729

Inclusive of installation, Accoflex 3/8", no limit on piping if install at HDB.

Brackets additional $150

Prices are nett.

Is this a good deal? Not sure if I should wait for better deal.

LG got quite a number of negative feedback. so i dont think will be good to get that.

Hi, i was quite set on getting a toshiba system 4 inverter aircon, and juz called up an aircon store asking for a quote. Was quoted $3650, including installation and delivery, warranty standard, but also with 1 year warranty on workmanship.

Then the shop told me that there's a PCB (some electronic board???) in the compressor for inverter aircons, and the chances of this board breaking down is very high????:sport-smiley-004:!

Plus, to change this board from Toshiba, it'll cost $1.2k??:sport-smiley-004:? It's "cheaper" to change this board if you have a Daikin/Mitsubishi inverter aircon, coz it costs about $2-300. But if it konks out so easily, then why do people still bother going for inverter aircons? This board is also not covered under the 5-yr-compressor warranty wor....

The person i spoke to kept recommending me the non-invert aircons.....

Now i'm lost... can anyone help pls?

hmmm.. werid. i have been using toshiba air-con for nearly half a year. i dont see anything happen to it.

if their chance of breaking down is high then why they still sell this brand of air-con at their shop?

For single unit u can get non-inverter. But for system 3 and above it will be adviseable to get inverter. due to saving more electricity and ur monthly bills too. :yamseng:

Also for the big shops like gain city and other organisation it will be good to ask their air-con contractor wherethe is it from the 3rd party. Most of the 3rd party contractor they will just anyhow install. Some are like bengs and sengs. We as consumers spend so much and get this service. I dont think so right?

If you want i can recommed a contractor whom do mine air-con to you. he is the boss and his staff are profession in it. feel free to pm me for his contacts if you want. :P

Edited by Devilaz

Planning to get Sharp Plasma Cluster Sys 3 @ Harvey Norman. Sale at $1799.

Anyone have experience with their installation?

What about Sharp Sys 3 compared to others?

Was planning to get Panasonic, but only total 20k Btu, compared to Sharp 3x9k

I'm just concerned that installation will be problematic with HN.