Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icebaby

Aircon Quotes (From Aron)

Yeoman,

I think mine is the same as yours. The Easy Clean Range with Jack Neo as the spokeperson? I got it for less than 3k. As for the insulation thing, I'm not too sure, will check with the aircon man when they install for me next Mon

hihi Toppie,

Wow, so much cheaper ar..

Keep me updated~~

You got it from IMM?

:dunno:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hihi Toppie,

Wow, so much cheaper ar..

Keep me updated~~

You got it from IMM?

:dancingqueen:

Ya, thats y decide to let the guy do for me than thru ID cos the difference is way too much. I bargain very hard cos paid quite alot for my coffee table and TV console which I went shopping with ID. Dun know how much more he charged me. Since its a norm that they charge more thats y I source for quotes. Never did I expect the difference is so much either. Aircon man told me must never use Nyflex as insulation. For the rest, different contractor will have different preference. :notti:

Hi all,

Just to update you all on the latest quote from Hong Tar I got this afternoon. (Actually asked for my friend's behalf)

(All Invertor, 1/2" Class 0 Thermalflex insulation, 9k BTU x 3 configuration fancoil)

Fujitsu - $2450 (still on discount, if not at courts selling $2.9k+, don't even know the insulation, well heard from the saleslady that they just tested the aircon, quite cooling)

Panasonic - $2650 (the latest one, well advise from Hong Tar, don't buy this cause the compressor BTU max is only 20k, so when you on all the aircon at the same time, no power!:()

Jack Neo's / Toshiba - $2850

Hope this information is useful to all looking for aircon.

Cheers.

Hi all,

Just to update you all on the latest quote from Hong Tar I got this afternoon. (Actually asked for my friend's behalf)

(All Invertor, 1/2" Class 0 Thermalflex insulation, 9k BTU x 3 configuration fancoil)

Fujitsu - $2450 (still on discount, if not at courts selling $2.9k+, don't even know the insulation, well heard from the saleslady that they just tested the aircon, quite cooling)

Panasonic - $2650 (the latest one, well advise from Hong Tar, don't buy this cause the compressor BTU max is only 20k, so when you on all the aircon at the same time, no power!:yamseng:)

Jack Neo's / Toshiba - $2850

Hope this information is useful to all looking for aircon.

Cheers.

And to add on for Fujitsu - $2450, if you change to a 12K BTU blower, it is only $100 more (at $2550). The unit is currently being installed at my place now. :notti:

But then, I noted that the insulation used in Insuflux ot something like that..Class 0 or not, I'm not too sure....is it not the same as Thermaflex? The rubber like tubing looks like 1/2 inch thick...

Please advice.

thanks...

Hi skyryen,

Well I am also going to install my Fujitsu aircon soon. Just waiting. So how is the aircon working for you? Good?

Well also quite skepitcal when I first ordered this aircon, but went around also quite afew salesman intro this, so at this low price, decide to go for it. (Keep my finger cross)

Well to say the least, I am not very aware of your Insuflex, but I got my Thermalflex 1/2". Anyway you should have asked what insulation you are getting when you purchase your aircon.

Cheers... ^_^

Hi skyryen,

Well I am also going to install my Fujitsu aircon soon. Just waiting. So how is the aircon working for you? Good?

Well also quite skepitcal when I first ordered this aircon, but went around also quite afew salesman intro this, so at this low price, decide to go for it. (Keep my finger cross)

Well to say the least, I am not very aware of your Insuflex, but I got my Thermalflex 1/2". Anyway you should have asked what insulation you are getting when you purchase your aircon.

Cheers... ^_^

I did ask before hand and I was told its Thermaflex. But when I saw the stocks arrive, I saw Insuflex instead. Anyway, got such a brand or did I get the name wrong?

More importantly, is there a difference in performance?

Have not got to try yet cos in the midst of installing the trunking. Did u get yours from Hong Tar too?

I did ask before hand and I was told its Thermaflex. But when I saw the stocks arrive, I saw Insuflex instead. Anyway, got such a brand or did I get the name wrong?

More importantly, is there a difference in performance?

Have not got to try yet cos in the midst of installing the trunking. Did u get yours from Hong Tar too?

If you are particular about it, then highlight to Hong tar and demand them to change. I got them to write Thermaflex in my receipt, and I check all stocks and they are indeed Thermaflex with the exception of the part going towards the outside, which is insuflex.

Hi Kel

I guess I have been unfair to jump at Hong Tar cos what I saw was the insuflex ones only and may have missed the thermaflex ones from the whole stack of tubings on the floor.

You are right that they are using a mixture...thermaflex for the copper pipes and something else for the water pipe and those running outside are insuflex.

I opened up the trunkings and saw a half inch Thermaflex tube amidst 2 smaller 3/8 inch tubes in there.

Phew...and their worksmanship not bad too.

Edited by skyryen

Hi Kel

I guess I have been unfair to jump at Hong Tar cos what I saw was the insuflex ones only and may have missed the thermaflex ones from the whole stack of tubings on the floor.

You are right that they are using a mixture...thermaflex for the copper pipes and something else for the water pipe and those running outside are insuflex.

I opened up the trunkings and saw a half inch Thermaflex tube amidst 2 smaller 3/8 inch tubes in there.

Phew...and their worksmanship not bad too.

Is your copper tube also two tube in one insulation? Mine is...see my blog...i got photos of it that shows it. Wonder if it is normal....

The thick copper tube is in the 1/2 in Thermaflex. There are 2 thiner copper tubes in one 3/8 inch insulation and another water pipe in I think Insuflex.

I guess it is normal.

the url below is the quotation the guy at gain city woodlands quoted me for the installation and all that

http://www.scribd.com/doc/3145976/Gain-Cit...-from-woodlands

the large figures at the right is the total BTU for the compressor.

all are system 3 aircons using inverter technology.

mitsubishi starmex

fujitsu top is made in china

fujitsu btm is made in japan but old model

all models are 4 ticks.

each of the aircon itself is rated as 9000btu, so they will share the outside compressor BTU when one is turned on or all 3 is turned on.

anyone can comment pls?

Hi kellempxt,

Currently I am using the new Fujitsu aircon sys 3. Well not too sure where you heard if from, but what I know is that the aircons are made in Thailand, and not China.

Anyway when you consider the price, think you need to clarify things like:

1. What are the insulation being used and how thick(think for the case of Gain, its Armaflex 3/8".) So in an event where you want to get better insulation, (i.e. 1/2") then you will need to fork out roughly about 200+.

2. And also is 9k fancoil sufficent for your MBR? In an event where its not enough (like my), you will need to increase to 12k (for my case i top up about close to 100).

3. You will also need to clarify with them if there is any max. length in which the piping will run before they will charge you again. (For my case its 15m, but luckily I did not exceed).

Think you just call back and clarify about this, then you can consider asking if its really worth the price.

Cheers

hihi everyone,

hhmm,,, i have been asking prices of Starmex and Hong Tar is $2850,

after reading,,,

now how how??

Starmex better or Fujitsu better? Or Toshiba?

Sianz,,, v hard to decide

got my A/C installed on Thursday 29th May 08 by ppl from Coolserve.

http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/produc...ils.asp?id=2271

add addtional S$160 for the stainless steel bracket.

I must say they were very professional.

Came at 10.30 am in the morning and left at 6.30pm.

Everything was ok except after the installation the pipes started to leak water ... luckily the installer was still ard and they had it fixed - problem ? they forgot to connect the pipes .. after the connection ... all was ok ..

I rate the A/C - 9/10 .... very cold and efficient - a happy customer. The coolserve staff even called to check if everthing was ok during the installation.

Insulation type - Armaflex 3/8

However i must add that Kaisoon offered me the ame model at $2370(excluding stainless steel brackets) However they offered with 1/2 insulations ..

Decided to go with coolserve as i already verbally confirmed order. Kaisoon's servicing package is $240/yr compared to coolserves S$321 per year both offering quarterly servicing

Just bought a Starmex Sys-4 Invertor at $3838 from All Best last night. Had no time to research but really needed to buy as reno starting on Monday! And to my horrors, read about all the bad reviews on them :bangwall: now can only pray that I get a good installer.

In any case, saw the argument about insulation, just wanted to highlight that Totaline being used by All Best is actually a Carrier product. Was KS enough to flip through the entire PSB certification booklet. Asked the salesman and he said joint project between Carrier and Toshiba actually. Not too sure how true. In any case, I compared Totaline and Armaflex at GC, seems like Totaline is really a lot hardier due to the external rubber casing. Now just hoping that the insulation is just as good, if not better :dunno: