Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icebaby

Aircon Quotes (From Aron)

I think if you do a search in the forum for the above companies from EXPO, you will find some comments about them...after that then you decide if you still want to go for them. As for GC, it will be fair if you compare them with Courts, HN, Best or CarreFour....Good Luck....

yup, i agreed. Just bought a mitsubishi system 4 for 4k with upgrade of insulation and piping from GC and free 5 years extended warranty. They will be installing this sat. Hopefully the installation will be good as they claim. anyone know what is covered for their extended warranty? Where will it be stated?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi all, just wana check how long are quotations valid for? scared i ask too early then quote expired how? & also can i request for air con install in 2 sessions, 1 install e compressor then after painting & other reno then install the indoor unit? dun want contractors to take advantage & use my air con. :deal:

yup, i agreed. Just bought a mitsubishi system 4 for 4k with upgrade of insulation and piping from GC and free 5 years extended warranty. They will be installing this sat. Hopefully the installation will be good as they claim. anyone know what is covered for their extended warranty? Where will it be stated?

which GC did you go to? you bought inverter or non-inverter one?

thks

which GC did you go to? you bought inverter or non-inverter one?

thks

Hi

My ID grave me a GC person contact. He quote me mitsubishi system mxy4a28 installation with 1/2" armaflex insulation @ $3800. Yours seem better deal as got 5 years extended warranty. you know what type of insulation and piping they are upgrading ? Which GC branch you went ?

Hi

My ID grave me a GC person contact. He quote me mitsubishi system mxy4a28 installation with 1/2" armaflex insulation @ $3800. Yours seem better deal as got 5 years extended warranty. you know what type of insulation and piping they are upgrading ? Which GC branch you went ?

Hi,

I bought the mitsubishi system 4 which consist of 3 x 10000 btu and 1 x 26000 btu for living room at 3799. Upgrade of insulation and copper piping at $230. and free 5 years extended warranty at the NEA road show in Dec. they got no stock for system 4 at the moment but they came to install the piping and trunking....during installation think they drill some hole nw my aircon power point trip when i on it at the MCCB. Installer will come rectify the problem when the stock comes. Overall, very pleased with the installation except the power trip. Hopefully, they can find the root cause. The person who served me is Peter from GV Marina. By the way, take note that for living room there are 2 model, 1 x 22000 btu and 1 x 26000 btu.

Hi,

I bought the mitsubishi system 4 which consist of 3 x 10000 btu and 1 x 26000 btu for living room at 3799. Upgrade of insulation and copper piping at $230. and free 5 years extended warranty at the NEA road show in Dec. they got no stock for system 4 at the moment but they came to install the piping and trunking....during installation think they drill some hole nw my aircon power point trip when i on it at the MCCB. Installer will come rectify the problem when the stock comes. Overall, very pleased with the installation except the power trip. Hopefully, they can find the root cause. The person who served me is Peter from GV Marina. By the way, take note that for living room there are 2 model, 1 x 22000 btu and 1 x 26000 btu.

Hi ducatiwins24

Thanks for your reply. Today I went to Courts MegaStore (Tampines), the sales guy told me mitsubishi electric system 4 max is 26000 btu. He recommended me Fujitsu(33oooBTU COmpressor) than mitsubishi (26000 BTU Compressor). As Fujitsu will cool the room faster and save electricity. So is it true ?

As for the 3 x 10000 btu and 1 x 26000 btu for living room , total will be 56000 btu ? Then Mitsubishi can max up to 26000 , then why the total become 56000 btu ? I am new to it don understand, could someone please explain ?

thanks

Hi ducatiwins24

Thanks for your reply. Today I went to Courts MegaStore (Tampines), the sales guy told me mitsubishi electric system 4 max is 26000 btu. He recommended me Fujitsu(33oooBTU COmpressor) than mitsubishi (26000 BTU Compressor). As Fujitsu will cool the room faster and save electricity. So is it true ?

As for the 3 x 10000 btu and 1 x 26000 btu for living room , total will be 56000 btu ? Then Mitsubishi can max up to 26000 , then why the total become 56000 btu ? I am new to it don understand, could someone please explain ?

thanks

haha, initially i ordered fujitsu from Courts (Tampines) and ask the guys to come my place to see. fujitsu brand that u are talking is using R22 and that is the only model that the compressor can go out to the aircon ledge...i think. Come to think about it, all the new invertor aircon are using R410A except for fujitsu older model which are still using R22 (phasing out in 2016). Thus, i didnt get from them. Total capacity of the compressor for mitsubishi i think its max 30k...cant remember clearly for mitsubishi starmex. Hence, we cant on all the aircon in all 4 room. We need to open them in sequence to get the max cooling effect. the unit is not up yet and hence i cant comment on it. Will tried once its up.

:unsure: went to recee prices for non inverter aircon, was told that from 2011 onwards applicances with <3ticks will not be sold. mitsubishi non inverter also dun have energy saving 3 ticks (i went to website see also only got 2 ticks) & R410A gas type non inverter is new, store dun have. & the difference between the old gas R22 & new gas R410A is only a couple of hundred $$ how true any experts? :unsure:

Air-Con Comparison

Shop Name: Gain City (Towner Branch)

Air-Con Brand: Mitsubishi Electric

Air-Con Model: MXY4A28 (Inverter)

Air-Con Price = $3569

Stainless Bracket for window = $150

Upgrade to ½ inch Armaflex insulation & Gauge 22 copper pipe = $230

Extended Warranty to 5 years = $399

2 trip installation = $80

Total = $4428

Shop Name: All Best (Rivervale Branch)

Air-Con Price = $3450

Upgrade to ½ inch Armaflex insulation = $160

Extended Warranty to 5 years = $299

2 trip installation = $40

Total = $4099

Difference between GC & All Best = $4428 - $4099 = $329

If I choose All Best I will save $329 but some negative comments about them. After talking to the two salesman, All Best Salesman's Gilbert Yeo is very professional , patient explaining the air-con,I talk to him for more than 1 hr . Gilbert attuide towards customer is simply excellent ! All Best is CaseTrust . Anyone have try All Best before ? Please comments ?

Edited by ninja3101

Air-Con Comparison

Air-Con Price = $3569

Total = $4428

Air-Con Price = $3450

Total = $4099

If I choose All Best I will save $329 but some negative comments about them. After talking to the two salesman, All Best Salesman's Gilbert Yeo is very professional , patient explaining the air-con,I talk to him for more than 1 hr . Gilbert attuide towards customer is simply excellent ! All Best is CaseTrust . Anyone have try All Best before ? Please comments ?

all best has one of e worst reputation around, i read it from some forum either this one or

the hwz forum. $300+ is not really a significant price difference. btw, I thought thermaflex is better than armaflex?

(this one i confused some say one is better than other)

Air-Con Comparison

Air-Con Price = $3569

Total = $4428

Air-Con Price = $3450

Total = $4099

GC pricing is fixed. They will not match All Best's pricing. However installation of air-con is very important cos if not properly installed, your nightmare will being....water leakage, noisy and holes not properly drilled. All Best have very bad reputable in the forum specially after sales service. Anyway, the savings is insignificant!!! If you buy from GC, they do give about $200 NTUC vouchers. All Best do not include upgrading of Gauge 22 copper pipe which cost about $70. Nett: $4428 - $4099 - $200 (NTUC vouchers) - $70 (Pipe) = $59 :jawdrop: If you want to continue with All Best....Let me wish you "All The Best" :drunk:

all best has one of e worst reputation around, i read it from some forum either this one or

the hwz forum. $300+ is not really a significant price difference. btw, I thought thermaflex is better than armaflex?

(this one i confused some say one is better than other)

Hi noobhouse

Some even have photos to prove that All Best workmanship are bad. Insulation

some far I hear of Armaflex , Thermaflex , T-flex and totalline.

When you go to different company , they will said the insulation they are using is excellent.

Anyone have any idea which brand insulation is good quality ?