Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LEng

Hokkaido-japan

i bought my water proof shoes frm world of sport...

it's actually a hiking shoes...i guess shud be fine.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hihi experts ,

im planning to go hokkiado in june, i wonder wat i can see during june and which is the good travel agency for hokkiado trips.

TIA

I nvr been to Japan, but I heard ppls like to go Hokkiado in Nov & Dec cos of the cold weather. But if u wan to go in Jun then u can see their Lavender blooming. :lol:

Try SA, Chan Bro or Dynasty they can provide wider range of svs.

Fyi NATAS fair is coming on 29 Feb maybe u can wait till the fair. :jawdrop:

i went hokkaido last month. it's v cold and i fall sick :s

i joined the SA tour but i find the foods provided are not v good! the meals were repeated everyday which we see already want to vomit. But the hotels are v good. windows facing lakes and very beautiful scenery!

If go in june u can see flower blooming. But many peoples like to go in winter.

It depends on wat u want to see.

hi LEng, im going to Hokkaido in March for my Honeymoon. I know its still in winter time, and i had bought winter jacket, sweaters, cap, scarf, gloves (woolen), going to get thermal wears, heatpads and hiking shoes.

Did i left out anything ? my wife very scare of cold, so must make sure everything is prepared. u mentioned u fall sick due to cold weather. What kind of sick? flu ? What medicine must i prepare also? And how many heatpads did u use throughout the trip ?

Thanks. I know im asking a lot of questions, but better make sure im well prepared as this is the 1st time me n wife going in winter.

Edited by andylyf

The clothing mentioned above shud be enough. Don bring so many bcos one sweater u can wear few days :sport-smiley-018:

To me the scarf is a must . Bcos u can use it to cover ur mouth and face so ur own breathing will give u warmth and ur lip won get dry so easily. remember to bring lip balm and lotion. hv u bought the heatpack? i still hv one full packet ( got 10 pcs inside ). i can sell u cheap if u want :sport-smiley-018: i used 2 per day . One for right hand/one for left hand. Both put in the pockets of the jacket. The hiking shoes must buy water proof one. But it's still slippery lor . Must walk very careful on ice!

I don know y i sick..but my fren suspect it's bcos of the crab! I ate the Hokkaido crab and some raw seafood on the 2nd day of the tour. After that i kept feeling like vomitting and had diarrehoa. My fren was telling me that the crab is 'cold' dish for women, women 's body cannt take it sometimes. Bring some medicine for flu/diarrehoa and maybe bring some vitamin C. Oh ya...the coldness will make ur body very dry and itchy..bring sth that can relief the itch

Thanks a lot for the reply :thumbs up:

may i know where did you buy your hiking shoes with waterproof ? which brand and roughly how much ?

i bought frm world of sport. the brand is HITEC..i think this brand is the cheapest brand for hiking shoes.

But i find it v bulky leh...now putting in the storeroom i think will never hv chance to wear it . wat size u and ur wife wearing? i can sell it to u cheap if u don mind :P

abt 100-140 cnat remember. But my fren was wearing normal running shoes she say no prob with it leh.

:dunno:

i recommend chan bro. i always took chan bro package when travelling. their services are good and meals are not bad too. :dancingqueen:

I nvr been to Japan, but I heard ppls like to go Hokkiado in Nov & Dec cos of the cold weather. But if u wan to go in Jun then u can see their Lavender blooming. 8|

Try SA, Chan Bro or Dynasty they can provide wider range of svs.

Fyi NATAS fair is coming on 29 Feb maybe u can wait till the fair. 8|

yeah, its going to 29feb soon, any idea natas fair will held at which location?

The clothing mentioned above shud be enough. Don bring so many bcos one sweater u can wear few days :(

To me the scarf is a must . Bcos u can use it to cover ur mouth and face so ur own breathing will give u warmth and ur lip won get dry so easily. remember to bring lip balm and lotion. hv u bought the heatpack? i still hv one full packet ( got 10 pcs inside ). i can sell u cheap if u want :blink: i used 2 per day . One for right hand/one for left hand. Both put in the pockets of the jacket. The hiking shoes must buy water proof one. But it's still slippery lor . Must walk very careful on ice!

I don know y i sick..but my fren suspect it's bcos of the crab! I ate the Hokkaido crab and some raw seafood on the 2nd day of the tour. After that i kept feeling like vomitting and had diarrehoa. My fren was telling me that the crab is 'cold' dish for women, women 's body cannt take it sometimes. Bring some medicine for flu/diarrehoa and maybe bring some vitamin C. Oh ya...the coldness will make ur body very dry and itchy..bring sth that can relief the itch

i think i wil try to prevent going there during winter, i can wear too much heavy clothings very heavy to walk moreover i have asthma duno will its triggle

NATAs fair is at Singapore Expo, more info here: http://www.natas.travel/

I went to Hokkaido 2 years ago on a fly and drive package from Prime Travel. Has a good time. Overall I feel the packages are more or less the same since they bring you to the same tourist spots but it's the food, accomodation and guides that makes a difference.

i juz came bk fm hokkaido last sun. i bought the package fm appointed agent with ANA. is a very fun trip. enjoy ourselves very much. although is winter period, is still an experience for us. food is great, very nice alaska crab & sashimi & 'shen fu' beef which is 200g for 6000yen. very delicious! but muz b careful wen walkin on snow. my sister inlaw fell n hit her face, lip n nose, bleeding. so those who wans to go pls wear good shoes.