Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hey guys...

I am just wondering.. is home automation popular among Singapore?

or anyone heard of intelligent lifestyle? or interested?

but yet wanna it affordable among mid-range families???

hehe~ just wondering...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hey guys...

I am just wondering.. is home automation popular among Singapore?

or anyone heard of intelligent lifestyle? or interested?

but yet wanna it affordable among mid-range families???

hehe~ just wondering...

Home automation is possible but not popular in Singapore as it is still very expensive. Not even the detach owner is willing to spend for such cost. But talking about Green program, we should seriously consider about some kind of automation to improve the environment. I knew of people who can do sub automation. Its a interesting Subject. Maybe forumers here should give some idea of what to be authomated in their house so that the renovator here can take note and be innovative in their work

Home automation is possible but not popular in Singapore as it is still very expensive. Not even the detach owner is willing to spend for such cost. But talking about Green program, we should seriously consider about some kind of automation to improve the environment. I knew of people who can do sub automation. Its a interesting Subject. Maybe forumers here should give some idea of what to be authomated in their house so that the renovator here can take note and be innovative in their work

hm.. expensive?

indeed home automation will save alot of energy.. and i believe there are other brands that is much cheaper and simpler and dun even need rewiring.. because my fren is selling that.. and it cost about 3000 plus (depends on the requirements..)

its quite cheap for long time investment.. heehee

though.. i dun realli need it..keke~unless i have a new house. lolx

hm.. expensive?

indeed home automation will save alot of energy.. and i believe there are other brands that is much cheaper and simpler and dun even need rewiring.. because my fren is selling that.. and it cost about 3000 plus (depends on the requirements..)

its quite cheap for long time investment.. heehee

though.. i dun realli need it..keke~unless i have a new house. lolx

Depending on what you need to automate. If only electrical supply, then you need to compare the normal installation cost against the additional. Usual HDB electrical installation is below $2K and to spend 3K for automating strictly electrical, is it worth?

Home automatic does not strictly on electrical, can also link to security system, water, air con, etc. There are some system that can use mobile phone to control appliance at home when nobody is around. Imagine you can start your air con half an hour before you reach home, or heating up your food with micro wave oven and ready when you reach? CCTV to see your home at all time even oversea, Lock up rooms or even entire house door when necessary, lock up electrical supply to zone, turn on your washing machine even when you oversea, top up your water flask and boil it, etc. See how efficient and productive it can be. Automation is to ease your usage when necessary, even you are not around, so that you can cut down the unnecessary.

Depending on what you need to automate. If only electrical supply, then you need to compare the normal installation cost against the additional. Usual HDB electrical installation is below $2K and to spend 3K for automating strictly electrical, is it worth?

Home automatic does not strictly on electrical, can also link to security system, water, air con, etc. There are some system that can use mobile phone to control appliance at home when nobody is around. Imagine you can start your air con half an hour before you reach home, or heating up your food with micro wave oven and ready when you reach? CCTV to see your home at all time even oversea, Lock up rooms or even entire house door when necessary, lock up electrical supply to zone, turn on your washing machine even when you oversea, top up your water flask and boil it, etc. See how efficient and productive it can be. Automation is to ease your usage when necessary, even you are not around, so that you can cut down the unnecessary.

uhm...yea.. true too...

huh? u say HDB electrical installation is below $2K.. but if the automation is also less than $2K, does it still worth?

yea.. my fren working on that too.. tat could call in...and control..as what u have said above..

so ...uhm.. HDB issit worth it? as in normal HDB with no interior designer's design...

hm..maybe suit more to interior designed HDB?

Err.. home automation systems are not generic. If one item spoil, u must go back to the supplier. Hmm... dun even need to talk about spoiling, just troubleshoot a suspected fault also need to call back supplier.

In many industries, it is common to sell the system cheap, and earn back on maintenance and followups.

Unless got huge project like hotels or service apts, where even their inhouse staff is trained to troubleshoot, such devices will be costly in the long run.

Sorry I dun understand how does home automation save "alot" of energy?? I thought it was just a form of convenience...and perhaps stylish lah...

yalor-

home automation - light sensors, appliance turn-on sensors - more for people who ALWAYS forgot/habit to switch off. Even light sensors in the toilet is just a kind of luxury not power saving. standby mode consumes around 3watts x 24hours, how many hours does a home toilet being used per day???

SAVEs lots of energy for hotels/commercial bldgs - cos pple heckcare about turning off the lights/appliances.

uhm...yea.. true too...

huh? u say HDB electrical installation is below $2K.. but if the automation is also less than $2K, does it still worth?

yea.. my fren working on that too.. tat could call in...and control..as what u have said above..

so ...uhm.. HDB issit worth it? as in normal HDB with no interior designer's design...

hm..maybe suit more to interior designed HDB?

Why should it suit the designer house only? It is mend for convenience, security, and power saving. It can be done for all kind of residential. Even incorporate with solar panel with autoswap to PUB supply. Some heater in detach houses already been using it many years back. Since Singapore got plenty of free sunlight, we should all the more making use of it. Like rain water can be store and use for Toilet flushing system with integrated auto pump and detector. It seems that most of ppl here only think of Power Supply only. Automation can practically control everything in the house.

If the cost of installation can be less than $2K, the mass will be interested. Why everyone is rushing for Air Con invertor unit than the conventional type which cost couple of hundreds more? In long run, it worth the cents. Saving Energy and resources is part of environmental green program. We should not segmentise to HDB or designer house. Its every people effort to make things happy. Certainly, we must agree that it should be made afforable. If anyone out there had invented the system, I think Singapore Government is most glad to subsidise in the production to bring down the cost, because it help nation wide and improve the environment.