Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kids2

Darker Shade Homogeneous Tiles

Hi,

Looking at my sis & mom's place, the lighter color/cream tiles has this problem.

As time passes, the gap between the these light colored tiles tends to get

dirty after a while. Even though they do the hand mopping everyday.

Does any member have the same experience?

Any view on darker shade Homogeneous tiles, does it really "help"

to resolve the ugly gap stain?

Appreciate your view.

Cheers,

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

Looking at my sis & mom's place, the lighter color/cream tiles has this problem.

As time passes, the gap between the these light colored tiles tends to get

dirty after a while. Even though they do the hand mopping everyday.

Does any member have the same experience?

Any view on darker shade Homogeneous tiles, does it really "help"

to resolve the ugly gap stain?

Appreciate your view.

Cheers,

Do u mean the white part between two tiles?

On darker tile, you will find the stain on the tiles instead. Very ugly. :) Cos the stain (lighter color) will contrast against the darker color.

Edited by raincole

I wish developers would stop using homogeneous tiles that need that white gap. It looks awful :-( Why cant they fix those tiles in a seamless fashion like with most other tiles? That gap is a dirt trap, and feels very bad under the foot. Whats worse ... since its not seamless, contractors laying the tiles can get away with poor workmanship, and leave the gaps uneven and the tiles not even level. I have several tiles that feel higher or lower than the other across the gap. Terrible :-(

I wish developers would stop using homogeneous tiles that need that white gap. It looks awful :-( Why cant they fix those tiles in a seamless fashion like with most other tiles? That gap is a dirt trap, and feels very bad under the foot. Whats worse ... since its not seamless, contractors laying the tiles can get away with poor workmanship, and leave the gaps uneven and the tiles not even level. I have several tiles that feel higher or lower than the other across the gap. Terrible :-(

y u allow them to do such sloppy work? u should make them dig out n redo.

Well. I actually regreted doing white color flooring for living and dining (ceramic). Always got to clean, if not you will strands of hair and dirts on the floor. And White flooring doesn't really match finishing well. Regret i did not choose dark grey or brown color flooring.