Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 3/14/2012 at 6:08 PM, surfcast said:

Signed up with them recently after getting quotes from about 5 other companies. They gave the cheapest quote compared to the rest. Renovation just started last friday. So far so good.

On 3/3/2012 at 9:28 PM, ne0matr1x said:

I just went yesterday. Here us my feedback.

-When I arrive at the shop, a few of the ID guys were smoking with their kakis in the shop and relaxing one corner; v unprofessional. How can they smoke in the shop????

- Talk to one of them, a Malay guy wearing specs and a hat. His com skills very lousy but the worst things is almost half of my request or questions I ask him, he can't even answer or give a satisfying answer. Eg, the package comes with free 10 feet granite top for kitchen, so naturally I wanna know how much kitchen space will I need or top up. I request him to measure it frm the scale dwg that I've brought for him. He don't even know! Then I ask him how do you measure and give costing to client? He don't know!!! What kind if ID is this???? A very basic thing like this also don't know?

- From my observation, their Design and those they publish in their magazine are so so or even very outdated design. They can't even suggest good ideas for my interior. In the end I was the o e giving input and explanjng to them about certain details. It's as if I'm serving them!

- After a few questions to probe his intelligence, he could not take it and answer them and pass me to another more senior guy. He left the shop and smoke outside while chit chatting with his kakis. Again, professionalism?

- The new more senior guy was arrogant and served me rudely. He was slightly more intelligent that the 1st but could still not understand why I wanna request certain stuff. Probably due to their old design taste I guess. Gosh, if your potential client request to do something, you say okay or try to find out. Not argue with them and said it cannot be done. Shows they won't go the extra mile for you.

- I still tried to keep calm and ask him when he can give me the quotation. (I was rushing to leave, as my wife was so piss off that she stormed out of the shop minutes ago.)

The guy told me "now I can give". So I have to repeat all that I want again to him and he start punching numbers to calculate cost but he did not even do any measurement in my plan to determine dimensions. Again, professionalism? - He came out with a ridiculously low quote, but of course I did not believe him as he did a very "rough" calculation.

My advise is, unless you want lousy, unprofessional service with attitude with super outdated designs with outdated or no ideas...... DON'T GO! Don't even bother to ask for quotation, wasting your time. Unless you guys want to see how lousy their knowledge of ID is.

Yours scenario almost same experience as mine. He like customers to address him as Max and find out why as he preferred glamourous name. Well, given out my ideas what should the ID be doing for my floorplan: my proposal. Told this ID to caution that my proposal shouldn't tag with standard package or kitchen cabinet package. Tried query per square foot run for solid top, granite, quartz or ceaserstone could visualize the pricetag differences which their priced at the premium as compared to handful of other IDs or reno company I've visited. 

True, this outlet they really marked up that compliments hidden costs. Later part of the visit, he attempt me to bribe him by giving him coffee and malay kueh if I am agreed with his quotation, he promised to give special offer such for example constructing a vanity cabinet in my toilet F.O.C. which I strongly refused.

So, before I just walk-off after proposed rough quotation been made known, I did argue why he priced it at premium which way beyond my proposed budget and how much bank loan am I eligible up to maximum loan I should get and how am I going to top up the remaining amount that he quoted higher?

Edited by andye2SG

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all,

I'm about to sign with them, the one at joo chiat any other comments?

I just have have 2nd thoughts as something tells me they seem to be unprofessional and seem to be all talk only. Would appreciate any help

Left 2 weeks before handover and 70% of the job done.

Can i view yr jobsite to see the quality of the workmanship?

Signed up with them recently after getting quotes from about 5 other companies. They gave the cheapest quote compared to the rest. Renovation just started last friday. So far so good.

Ya, they are from Joo Chiat... I believe the ID could be freelancing for a few company...

Guess I will not advise my colleague to take up homeway... Doesnt sound gd base on what u say...

Btw to be clear, this is the Homeway at Joo Chiat (ground floor)

And after the "junior" guy cannot handle me, the senior guy's card states he's from lifestyle i.D.

Is Homeway and lifestyle i.D from same company?

Btw to be clear, this is the Homeway at Joo Chiat (ground floor)

And after the "junior" guy cannot handle me, the senior guy's card states he's from lifestyle i.D.

Is Homeway and lifestyle i.D from same company?

I just went yesterday. Here us my feedback.

-When I arrive at the shop, a few of the ID guys were smoking with their kakis in the shop and relaxing one corner; v unprofessional. How can they smoke in the shop????

- Talk to one of them, a Malay guy wearing specs and a hat. His com skills very lousy but the worst things is almost half of my request or questions I ask him, he can't even answer or give a satisfying answer. Eg, the package comes with free 10 feet granite top for kitchen, so naturally I wanna know how much kitchen space will I need or top up. I request him to measure it frm the scale dwg that I've brought for him. He don't even know! Then I ask him how do you measure and give costing to client? He don't know!!! What kind if ID is this???? A very basic thing like this also don't know?

- From my observation, their Design and those they publish in their magazine are so so or even very outdated design. They can't even suggest good ideas for my interior. In the end I was the o e giving input and explanjng to them about certain details. It's as if I'm serving them!

- After a few questions to probe his intelligence, he could not take it and answer them and pass me to another more senior guy. He left the shop and smoke outside while chit chatting with his kakis. Again, professionalism?

- The new more senior guy was arrogant and served me rudely. He was slightly more intelligent that the 1st but could still not understand why I wanna request certain stuff. Probably due to their old design taste I guess. Gosh, if your potential client request to do something, you say okay or try to find out. Not argue with them and said it cannot be done. Shows they won't go the extra mile for you.

- I still tried to keep calm and ask him when he can give me the quotation. (I was rushing to leave, as my wife was so piss off that she stormed out of the shop minutes ago.)

The guy told me "now I can give". So I have to repeat all that I want again to him and he start punching numbers to calculate cost but he did not even do any measurement in my plan to determine dimensions. Again, professionalism? - He came out with a ridiculously low quote, but of course I did not believe him as he did a very "rough" calculation.

My advise is, unless you want lousy, unprofessional service with attitude with super outdated designs with outdated or no ideas...... DON'T GO! Don't even bother to ask for quotation, wasting your time. Unless you guys want to see how lousy their knowledge of ID is.

Hi, I asking on my colleague behalf if anyone heard of homeway located at choo chiat... He mentioned the deals comes with alot freebies... I think is too gd to be true, so like to hear comments here...

Anyone any comment?

I am abt to sign with a coy. called Homeway Classic (Is it the same coy ?) & am dealing wif a guy named Vincent (Branch Manager) from Joo Chiat Complex Branch. Anybody served by him before, can pls give some feedback ? Yes price seems to be cheap but apprehensive after reading all the comments.

Bad Experience

Check out the above web link and u will find why not many people sign up with them. I jus finished my reno with them...

I am abt to sign with a coy. called Homeway Classic (Is it the same coy ?) & am dealing wif a guy named Vincent (Branch Manager) from Joo Chiat Complex Branch. Anybody served by him before, can pls give some feedback ? Yes price seems to be cheap but apprehensive after reading all the comments.

yes, they were part of Homeway as well.

re-consider your decision.

Hi lin_stapler

good that you did't engage them. otherwise they would have make you to pay another 10K as hidden cost.

yes, they do try to push things faster, as if there is no today. any chance that you met Dew Ong ?

i think he is the worst of all the guy's there.

so, others in the forum, pls do not fall to such tacticss and become prey for them.

i search HDB site >> i cant find HOMEWAY license details...

Does it means that HOMEWAY is gone liao???

i think they have changed name and got the license.

not sure on the new name, but similer to "Homeway.... "

better to be careful with these guys.