Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
notapushover

BEWARE!!!! J & H Furnishings Pte Ltd

Came upon this too late. I am also  facing the same issue with J&H Furnishing. The boss Jim is a good salesman and promises a lot of things. Things started off great, with work progressing though no update on when they will show up and sometimes they will not show up at all. Its now 2 months into what was a comfortable 1 month deadline (with buffer to account for weather) and the job is not even completed. He now doesnt pick up the phone when I call and he doesnt respond to messages. My comments on the company facebook page were deleted and they blocked me. Very disappointed with all the sales talk but no action nor update. 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I did not have dealings worh J & H but with AG.

Sama sama pattern.

Delayed shipment, worker injured, requested more payment, in the end full but ziptrack was not done.

The worker injured picture, is it as shown?

IMG-20220909-WA0001.jpg

Similar experience as per zip track.

At first worker get Covid, then zip track cannot come in time because China lockdown etc. If zip track cannot come in time, why say worker Covid in the first place? At least they offer to refund deposit and we engaged another supplier.

If not I am going down their office camp and setup another FB, google page for them in order for others to find them.

An update to where I left off from my previous post:

17 May 2022 - Got a call from Mr Anson Goh (Hp: 8250 6346) saying he is the colleague of Jim. He will be in charge of our project as Jim suffered from stroke and is hospitalised. He said that was why our calls and whatsapp messages were not replied to. 

19 May 2022 - Met up with Anson Goh to show him what was done and what needs to be rectify  on the trellis. 

20 May 2022 - Sent workers to rectify trellis. Finally trellis is done, pending zipblinds. Was told shipment is delayed, can expect installation in late June.

30 May 2022 - Checked with AG on zipblinds installation date, he confirmed installation date on 24 June.

23 June 2022 - AG sent a photo of an injured knee and called to say his worker was injured the day before, therefore on MC for a week. 24 June unable to do installation at our place, postponed till 4 & 5 July. 

2 July 2022 - double checked with AG if installation on 4 July is confirm, he spoke with full confidence installation will be done on 4 July.

3 July 2022 - reminded AG to bring along our access card and key so that we can collect them back after installation. He said “Ok tomorrow I go office will ask my worker bring go.”

4 July 2022 - AG sent a worker’s Polyclinic Referral letter at 9.09am, saying worker injured his finger unable to do installation. Letter was dated 1 July. Despite multiple confirmations made on 2 & 3 July, nothing about worker being injured was mentioned. AG even spoke with full confidence that installation will be done on 4 July and completed by 5 July. We were fuming mad by now, we told him “if installation is not done by 5 July 2359 hours, you don’t need to come anymore!”

5 July 2022 - Admin staff, Maria, from J & H Furnishings Pte Ltd whatsapp to say worker is on medical leave, therefore unable to install zipblinds at our place. As such, order is cancelled as per our request.

*** The above is my exact encounter with J & H Furnishings Pte Ltd. I confirmed my project with them on 21Jan 2022 and cancelled the project on 5 July 2022. It took them 5 whole months to only install a trellis which was done within 5 days (14 Mar - 18 Mar), the rest of the time was spent chasing and waiting. I also downloaded the company’s business profile and made a surprising discovery. Jim, also known as Chee Kum Fai, has a bad reputation in this industry. 

https://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/66868-meridian-curtains-to-avoid/?tab=comments#comment-878491

Not sure if karma has hit him or was it just a blatant lie from his colleague AG, however he was seen celebrating Hari Raya in May 2022 with his workers, looking perfectly fine. 

J & H Furnishings Pte Ltd - USE THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!! 

It is my first time posting and I need to share my encounter with such a lousy company, J & H Furnishings Pte Ltd. 

We were looking for a company that does trellis and zip blinds, came across J & H Furnishings on facebook. I dropped them a whatsapp message on their official number 8817 6455 on 19 January 2022. Their response was rather prompt, I texted at 10.30pm on 19 Jan, I got their reply on 20 Jan 6.30am. An appointment for site measurement and quotation was fixed for 21 Jan. Everything was prompt and fast. 

21 Jan 2022 we met Jim who came for the site measurement. He is said to be the boss of the company, very good at sales talk “I will give you good rates”, “Dont worry I will do everything nicely for you. I am very steady one”, “I wont upsell you anything, I will quote you only whatever is required”. The prices quoted by him is indeed reasonable as we had requested a quote from another company and they were more expensive. So we placed a 20% deposit with J & H furnishings and he said they would start work after the CNY holidays and URA approval is obtained. 

After the site meeting, I consulted a relative who is experienced with trellis, he told me to use powder coated Aluminium for the shelter instead of Galvanised Steel as over time steel will rust when in prolonged contact with rainwater and the water will stain the walls, poles etc. I conveyed the message to Jim over whatsapp (black & white purpose), however he chose to deal over phone calls. He said “no problem, we can use powder coated Aluminium for you. The price is about the same as Galvanised Steel.” In the end, they still use Galvanised Steel.

We obtained the URA approval on 18 Feb 2022, and MCST approval for renovation on 8 Mar 2022. On 5 Mar, Jim requested for a 40% payment as they were about to start work. However, they did not start work until 14 Mar 2022 citing bad weather. Ok fine, we accept it anyway. 18 Mar 2022 they completed the trellis work, very fast progress. Faster than we expected, hence we were not present to inspect the works and we only saw through the whatsapp photos sent. The next day I brought my relative with me to inspect the trellis done, he commented that some rectification is required otherwise we might face roof leakage in the years to come. So we texted Jim and he called back to say “no problem, let me arrange for you”. Those were the last words we heard from J & H furnishings. Jim had asked for a 20% payment upon completion of the trellis but I held that payment because rectification is required. In our quotation, we had also confirmed the installation of zipblinds to be done by J & H Furnishings, but they went MIA since the completion of trellis. Our multiple whatsapp messages were ignored. We wrote on their facebook page, they deleted my first post. Subsequently, they DM-ed us on 14 May to ask for our name, contact number and invoice number. They said to update up on the progress on 17 May, but proceeded to either delete their FB page or blocked us because we could not access the page anymore.

Engage them at your own risk!!!!

3B3D7847-ABD7-46F1-84E9-3393DC8B6967.png

C0663A8E-6795-49A5-AB92-32BF05545EE5.png

CCF5DEF0-657C-4F7C-B12B-BF78EA682401.png

A75EBD2A-D48F-45EE-AB1E-019ABF31F3D8.png

41CAD3E7-FD6D-4BEA-A585-724672017E32.png

Edited by evelynt