Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
h4happy

Will They Do This If....

Some contractors (before sign) everything can.

After sign, everything cannot.

Truly that it is mostly the case. But we also have to look at things objectively. When you have confirmed with your id/contractors all the details, material and pricing, and opt to alter and amend during the work process, this will incur more work and material to do so, that's why usually cannot or pay more lor. All the more, you should finalise everything before you sign the contract to prevent any alteration to the work. I believe id/contractor with positive attitude will always try to help if the cost of alteration cost during the reno period is not to high. Ensure that before you sign the contract every details is noted down so both parties have no argument to it.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I agree!! I went thru' a couple of IDs.. really mental torture :yamseng: ... As for those contractor hanging at the void deck I saw some in Sengkang area... with those Ninja vans as shopfront..

For my case I my new flat is in Tiong Bahru area... so must travel further to see these contractors then they won't know where I stay... haha...

Think there are also some showflats in Punggol area... Maybe will make a trip down to look look see see...

I agree!! I went thru' a couple of IDs.. really mental torture :sport-smiley-018: ... As for those contractor hanging at the void deck I saw some in Sengkang area... with those Ninja vans as shopfront..

For my case I my new flat is in Tiong Bahru area... so must travel further to see these contractors then they won't know where I stay... haha...

Think there are also some showflats in Punggol area... Maybe will make a trip down to look look see see...

So far I am getting some lead and am forcus on what I want comparing to last 2 weeks plus (sotong head).

At least I know what I want, what range granite has etc...

So far I am getting some lead and am forcus on what I want comparing to last 2 weeks plus (sotong head).

At least I know what I want, what range granite has etc...

care to share which IDs is in ur final list??

Right now I'm getting a quotation from Moss Emmanual... ID is Joe...

They seemed quite okie.. but saw some negative comment in this forum...

every company sure got negative comments and positive, jus take who you comfortable with lo.. as long as they don run with your money !!

must make sure they are stable enough.. :D

Worrying about dropped contractors causing trouble to your flat is like worrying about whether you will kana loansharks' harassment - its totally unnecessary and you can't do anything about it anyway.

Why not spend the energy on how you can do up your flat, decor ideas, visit some friends' flats, visit some nicely done-up commercial outlets (eg bars, hotels, restaurants, etc) and doing your research on the shortlisted IDs?

In reno, there are so much more important things to worry about!! Don't get bogged down by such insignificant people lah... cheers...

Worrying about dropped contractors causing trouble to your flat is like worrying about whether you will kana loansharks' harassment - its totally unnecessary and you can't do anything about it anyway.

Why not spend the energy on how you can do up your flat, decor ideas, visit some friends' flats, visit some nicely done-up commercial outlets (eg bars, hotels, restaurants, etc) and doing your research on the shortlisted IDs?

In reno, there are so much more important things to worry about!! Don't get bogged down by such insignificant people lah... cheers...

Thks, now I heard from my neighbours that our new blk might not be able to meet the target of 4th quarter, problably next year 1st quater. So I guess I have to slow down a bit in hunting for correct contractors.

So far, 2 have been shortlisted.

Very good price!

Of course not those hanging around the viod deck touting for buseiness.

care to share which IDs is in ur final list??

Right now I'm getting a quotation from Moss Emmanual... ID is Joe...

They seemed quite okie.. but saw some negative comment in this forum...

Super turned off by their sales tactics. Met them during the expo modern living 2006. Was attracted by their flyers indicating some of their reno packages.

went to talk to one of them with my wife, and was a little enticed by the packages they offered, including EF hood and hob

1st turn off when they ask us to commit deposit to get a quotation

told them we were interested to see if the packages suit our budget before any commitment, they tell me a flat no-deposit-no-quote crap

2nd turn off when we wanted to take the flyer to leave, they stopped me, saying that their packages flyers cannot be taken out of the booth

They are not willing to even part with their pamphlet on the offers they are giving, on top of that, didn't like the one who served us. How can you expect them to give in to you when you are asking for changes or worst! rectifications?

ok... lost my interest. Smiled and left with my wife, no second word, no need to look back!

Thks, now I heard from my neighbours that our new blk might not be able to meet the target of 4th quarter, problably next year 1st quater. So I guess I have to slow down a bit in hunting for correct contractors.

So far, 2 have been shortlisted.

Very good price!

Of course not those hanging around the viod deck touting for buseiness.

Good to hear this!! :jawdrop:

Have you been shopping around for ideas as well? Go buy some home decor magazines, maybe not even restricted to Singapore versions, but as long as its for small spaces.

And while shopping these days, try not to just focus on the sale signboards and items, but on their decor. You will be surprised how innovative some designs are, especially in small shops with low ceilings! Always prepare your handphone's camera (if its a good one) or slip a small digicam into your bag to snap those good ideas!!

Good to hear this!! :jawdrop:

Have you been shopping around for ideas as well? Go buy some home decor magazines, maybe not even restricted to Singapore versions, but as long as its for small spaces.

And while shopping these days, try not to just focus on the sale signboards and items, but on their decor. You will be surprised how innovative some designs are, especially in small shops with low ceilings! Always prepare your handphone's camera (if its a good one) or slip a small digicam into your bag to snap those good ideas!!

Thsk for yr tips.

Went to ikea, to window shop, guess my mum will not like the material especially the dinning table.

hehehe