Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hocl

Faux Brick, Rock Or Stone

I think what you are looking are those synthetic material that have a design of natural stone like. I think it is made of resin, that can be made into many form of design like craftstone, granite, marble etc. Not very heavy material but when you knock on it, sound like wood and relatively hard like fibre. If the description matched, confirm this is resin. This product current is not sold in Singapore. Commonly in manufacture in China and Taiwan. British claim to have such product but I think also imported from China or Taiwan. Resin can be laid as flooring material, polishable and it is waterproof. However, might have some ruling that restrict the material to come to Singapore as it is quite toxic during production. But very widely used oversea. Besides, hardly you can find contractor that have the knowledge to lay this material.

You are right on target! If you go to one of the links above, there's a photo of a kid holding up a huge piece of the synthetic tiles ... shows how light it is ... wanted to do a feature wall cum cabinet with that ... too bad cant find in sg ... :bleah:

I doubt it is a ruling/regulation thingy ... juz that no much people would need such products ...

Well, tks again for the reply!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
You are right on target! If you go to one of the links above, there's a photo of a kid holding up a huge piece of the synthetic tiles ... shows how light it is ... wanted to do a feature wall cum cabinet with that ... too bad cant find in sg ... :)

I doubt it is a ruling/regulation thingy ... juz that no much people would need such products ...

Well, tks again for the reply!

If you just need to do feature wall cum cabinet, try to find this.........

There is a type of very thick vinyl sheet (About 2mm) that come in roll form of width about 1.3m. They have texture and couples of designs like craftstones, brick work, sand etc. I saw this product couple of years back, but seems exhausted in the market. If you can find this product, ask your carpenter to use it like laminate and believe the effect should be the same as what you need. Can also be used directly on wall like wall paper