Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
h4happy

Granite

Hi bullet, I have yet to try out your method cos very very busy for the past few days!! Gonna trying this tomorrow. Will share with everyone should this method works.

I need your advise again. My ID said he brought the tiling man to take a look at the stained tile. According to the tiling man, he said the patch of stain is caused by moisture. moisture??? And behind the stained area is actually the toilet. So could be caused by when the worker layed water-proofing and floor tiles for the toilet and water actually seeps in and caused the stain. What do you think? Do you think what they said is true? Somehow or rather, I just dun believe lor. I still think that the stain is caused by the worker who accidentally spilled some oil or chemical on the floor. :thumbs up::D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi bullet, I have yet to try out your method cos very very busy for the past few days!! Gonna trying this tomorrow. Will share with everyone should this method works.

I need your advise again. My ID said he brought the tiling man to take a look at the stained tile. According to the tiling man, he said the patch of stain is caused by moisture. moisture??? And behind the stained area is actually the toilet. So could be caused by when the worker layed water-proofing and floor tiles for the toilet and water actually seeps in and caused the stain. What do you think? Do you think what they said is true? Somehow or rather, I just dun believe lor. I still think that the stain is caused by the worker who accidentally spilled some oil or chemical on the floor. :jawdrop::P

It is possible that water seeps from toilet behind the wall. This is a bigger problem then. The waterproofing is not proper or could be damaged. Did you do renovation at your toilet? What colour is your granite and the colour of the stain? If it is fresh water mark only, usually, a day or less will dry up. If it is stubborn, it could be consistence incoming of water or oil stain. I need more info before I can comments further

Hi BULLET

Is Marble tiles layout the same as Granite?

I mean in terms of laying (wet)....and finishing touches with polishing only???

How about waterproofing??

Please advise and thks.

HAPPY

Hi BULLET

Is Marble tiles layout the same as Granite?

I mean in terms of laying (wet)....and finishing touches with polishing only???

How about waterproofing??

Please advise and thks.

HAPPY

Generally, I will say yes. Dependent on the size of material you selected. There are few formation to layout and all applicable to granite and marble, even tiles. Marble can use either wet or dry lay as it will be polished and grinded to finish, unlike granite which normally do not require grinding. Waterproofing is dependent on usuage. Both granite and marble can do waterproofing by applying a solution behind the tile. But the cost is slightly higher. I would say it worth the value as the waterproofing application protect the marble from colour change after long use from underground water and moist

Generally, I will say yes. Dependent on the size of material you selected. There are few formation to layout and all applicable to granite and marble, even tiles. Marble can use either wet or dry lay as it will be polished and grinded to finish, unlike granite which normally do not require grinding. Waterproofing is dependent on usuage. Both granite and marble can do waterproofing by applying a solution behind the tile. But the cost is slightly higher. I would say it worth the value as the waterproofing application protect the marble from colour change after long use from underground water and moist

Thanks, BULLET, if the waterproofing is that expensive, then I will ask contractors to have it.

Just to confirm, applying water proofing behind the tiles..means the surface that is connected to the cement?

How about the top surface?

So which is better, wet or dry laying??

So that at least I can let my contractors know what I want from them.

Thanks!!!

Thanks, BULLET, if the waterproofing is that expensive, then I will ask contractors to have it.

Just to confirm, applying water proofing behind the tiles..means the surface that is connected to the cement?

How about the top surface?

So which is better, wet or dry laying??

So that at least I can let my contractors know what I want from them.

Thanks!!!

Waterproofing is only on behind the tile. Surface of Tile not require as the tile also need to "breath". In case water really seeps in, the water still can escape through the surface. Wet lay for granite is better as it is more even, as for marble both method ok la. Got grinding so no problem

Hi Bullet

Thanks for your extra information again.

Last few days, I do according to what you advise us.

Drip some dark soya sauce on Granite and Marble.

Leave it for about 10 hours, then wipe it off.

To my surprise, marble tiles did not suck up the sauce.

Instead only granite tiles did suck up and has a black stain on it.

Next, pour white bleach on the cotton wool and place on it, cover it up and let it for 2 days (3 days too long lah).

Took out the cotton and wowla, the dark stain disappeared!:lol:!

Took the granite and wash it with plain water.

But then it left a very soft dark colour on the granite.

Will check later if the colour goes back to the original.

However, unable to test the marble lah.

Stain cannot suck in!:lol:!

Hi Bullet

Thanks for your extra information again.

Last few days, I do according to what you advise us.

Drip some dark soya sauce on Granite and Marble.

Leave it for about 10 hours, then wipe it off.

To my surprise, marble tiles did not suck up the sauce.

Instead only granite tiles did suck up and has a black stain on it.

Next, pour white bleach on the cotton wool and place on it, cover it up and let it for 2 days (3 days too long lah).

Took out the cotton and wowla, the dark stain disappeared!:lol:!

Took the granite and wash it with plain water.

But then it left a very soft dark colour on the granite.

Will check later if the colour goes back to the original.

However, unable to test the marble lah.

Stain cannot suck in!:lol:!

Both marble and granite can work. Its only the time that you need to maintain the bleached cotton wool. Granite and marble got different density. Granite normally easiler as it has higher density than marble. Marble will taken long time. That's why I say 3 days

Both marble and granite can work. Its only the time that you need to maintain the bleached cotton wool. Granite and marble got different density. Granite normally easiler as it has higher density than marble. Marble will taken long time. That's why I say 3 days

Thanks BULLET.

Yes now I know why 1 contractor told one of the fourmer here that he is the only 1 in spore can remove the stain. hahahahahahaha... not no more, we also know and cost not a single cent to remove the stain.

Thanks BULLET.

Yes now I know why 1 contractor told one of the fourmer here that he is the only 1 in spore can remove the stain. hahahahahahaha... not no more, we also know and cost not a single cent to remove the stain.

Yes indeed cost cheap to remove. Generally it does remove but just be sure that the stain are remove at nearest to incident time. Else prolong leaving it will cause chemical reaction between the stain and the mineral content in the stone; then it will become permanent. Stain do not suck into the marble easily esp when its new because it has been polished and some waxing material is above it. It will fuse into marble if the maxing material is wear off; this is when you see the marble is not so shine.

I won't believe that there is one one smart alex in the world. Its just a trade secret that people won't want to share and maybe can make some bucks

Edited by bullet

Yesterday went ot a near completion house, I would say 95% completion.

The guy (from that company) told me they need to do chemical wash and then 'POLISH' THE GRANITE (I heard it from his mouth).

I never argue with him lah since I also drop him off my list.

Granite polish??

Never heard of that.

To Granite Expert

I notice my ganite tiles has dark patch all over 1 tiles and it stay there for almost 1 month.

What causes this dark patch? Seem like to wont return to its original states.

Please advise and thanks.

HAPPY

Need some advice from you all..

Still dun quite understand why granite does not need polishing to bring out its shine.. :dribble:

I have this newly laid black galaxy countertop. Under the light, it is quite obvious that the shine is not consistant throughout the entire piece. It is rather sad since the countertop is SUPPOSE to be new :dunno:

The areas that have a lesser shine are not the result of scratches, rather they are patches demarcated by straight lines which I suspect may lie with how they polished the granite. Is there anyway to bring back the shine on our own or only the professionals can do it?

Hi Everybody

Need your expertise on granite tiles flooring.

When laid, there bound to be some tiles dark patches due to water moistures being slowly dried up and over time, it will return to its original colour.

The more water being suck up, the more stronger the tiles will be.

Is it true?

Please advce and thanks

HAPPY

Hi Wishbone

I have the same situation! my newly laid black galaxy top has some parts which are shiny and some which are not :dunno:

I was thinking whether i shld buy the granite sealer from DIY shop and do smthg abt it???

:unsure:

Angel

Need some advice from you all..

Still dun quite understand why granite does not need polishing to bring out its shine.. :unsure:

I have this newly laid black galaxy countertop. Under the light, it is quite obvious that the shine is not consistant throughout the entire piece. It is rather sad since the countertop is SUPPOSE to be new :(

The areas that have a lesser shine are not the result of scratches, rather they are patches demarcated by straight lines which I suspect may lie with how they polished the granite. Is there anyway to bring back the shine on our own or only the professionals can do it?