Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koras

Any movers to recommend?

I have used movers from Breakthrough Missions, never had any complaints, only compliments, even my church friends and family members use them.

I have used breakthru missions 3 times.... No

Major issues. They moved my panio too, dismantle n assembled my beds, wardrobes. I think they r great!

Edited by potatoes

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Do they take off the shoes before entering your house?

Do they hand carry all your stuff in the house vs using a trolley inside?

Actually I didn't pay attention to these though. So far, heard no complaints for their service, and got the items smoothly from one place to another, maybe next time, I observe again abt the shoe and trolley thingy.

Hi all,

I used Helping Hands for my recent move from Bukit Batok to Punggol in May.. Despite their build and kinda fierce looks (haha.. pardon me), they are very polite.. :) Their price is quite reasonable among the companies i checked around! Even my renovator said so too! and as usual, if you have delicate items, I think it's best to inform any movers..

Hi all,

Jus wanna shared my experience with Helping Hands. Called Richard from Helping Hands. Getting an appt is a nightmare. No confirmation n seems uninterested.

So I decided to go down and do a visual booking. Amazed that Richard did took down my schedule but in a piece of recycled paper. Nevertheless, I helped myself with 20 free boxes and Richard helped me to load into my car

Prior a day before the appt, they called n confirmed the appt.

On the day itself, a team of four uncles came. Don't be deceived by their unruly appearance but instead they are polite and approachable. They addressed me "Lao ban" and I feel awkward.

They work in a systematic way and able to preempt how many trip need for ur "cargo"

Within two hours, my 45 boxes, 6 Ali baba bags, one super single bed with frame, two LED TV, one glass coffee table and loose item were nicely shifted to my new place. Please tell them that some boxes need delicate labour or else the consequence u have to bear..

I give a rating of 4.5 out of 5.

The setback is the booking experience. Otherwise it is a recommended mover option

I have used movers from Breakthrough Missions, never had any complaints, only compliments, even my church friends and family members use them.

Do they take off the shoes before entering your house?

Do they hand carry all your stuff in the house vs using a trolley inside?

i suggest for the next mover u engage, u interview them first, i.e. ask them in detail how they're going to move ur bed, sofa, whether they're going to lay protective covering etc...

Not only that. I've discovered scratches and tears on my sofa, scratches on my piano and my bed was assembled wrongly.

Piano need more professional. Cannot use helping hands for such delicate move.

Not only that. I've discovered scratches and tears on my sofa, scratches on my piano and my bed was assembled wrongly.

wah, like that also can ah, i would have thot this would be standard...

ummm, KC Dat guys definitely removed their shoes, and no smelly feet...hee

I just shifted out using helping hands and the whole experience shocked me. They came into my house with shoes on, push and stack stuff onto the trolleys inside my house and drag my sofa around trying to dismantle it. Needless to say, they left alot of scratches on my marble and parquet floorings.

I am definitely not using them again when moving into my new house. But I want to know which movers will take off shoes and dun use trolleys inside your house? The only item I would probably allow use of trolley is the piano, but I expect them to lay some protect for my floor. Is this reasonable?

I like KC Dat ever since they did my relocation from SG to BJ 2 years ago. Very professional, punctual and most importantly, good packing. My stuff arrived in BJ after a 6 week sea+land journey in tip-top condition. They will give you boxes and tissue paper and/or bubble wrap for you to do some of your own packing beforehand. On the day itself, a team will come down and swarm all over your designated areas to pack everything. Just keep out of their way. :) They will unpack for you at your place, if you want them to.

I used Crown Logistics from BJ to SG. Their packing materials are not as good (their boxes are not so sturdy, their tissue paper is the lousy type). And they don't have a covered truck in Singapore !

After my experiences, I think it's very important the movers have a real, covered truck to transport your boxes, especially in SG's wet weather. A lorry with a tarpaulin (as what Crown Logistics had) just doesn't cut it. On my delivery day in SG, true enough, it was raining. I had to wait for the rain to stop before the boxes could be moved into my place and during that time, worry about whether my boxes were going to get wet. Luckily, they didn't.

I will use KC Dat on my move end of this year, they're probably more expensive but I guess peace of mind is more important for me.

Hello,

What is the dimension of the carton box provided by the mover? Are they clean? Will be putting our clothes on the carton boxes.

Any feedback or experience on MBM Movers? I saw their truck near my flat and thinking of inquiring from them.

Thanks