Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koras

Any movers to recommend?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I just moved and i engaged The Mission Land as recommended by one of the forummers here. They only charged me $220

Queen size bed alter single size bed one tv one 1.8m tv console fridge washing machine and dont know how many cartons.

Think around 20. The uncles are professional and nice. Tried to post previously but i lost their contact, Found their contact last nite so I thought this may help Can call Gabriel 94772589

Bro, pls pm me Jimmy's contact?
Edited by milkywhite

i've used jimmy movers twice before too. am pretty pleased with the service so i'd help to do recommendations too. :) he's a friendly chap and his workers are fast too.

i didn't get him to provide me boxes or wrap anything ... but am still rather pleased. for me its simple, juz get my things from point A to B without breaking anything can already...haha. if u want his contact, pls PM me. (i dun log in everyday, so may take a while to reply PMs.)

cheers :)

Bro, pls pm me Jimmy's contact?

Once again, CYC Movers done a good job for my house moving last Friday. Recommended.

HI, Can you please tell me how much did CYC charge you? I have a fair bit of furniture:

Bookcase, TV console, Queen size bed, Study table, Chairs, TV (3 sets), Dressing table, side tables etc. wondering how much it would cost me if i use CYC movers.

We did mentioned to them the things that needed to wrap and numbers of boxes we had during the request of quotation. Somemore we didnt requested any box from them as I had my own boxes. But they still give some to us in case we needed extra. But in the end, it is not reliable as most of the movers did. They are purposely increasing the price by threaten.

I have engaged 138 professional movers. Although workers are foreigners except driver and supervisor, they are very professional.

Boxes(3 sizes) are given unlimited except you have to place a refundable desposit.

They are very fast..

I have specific timing to move into my new hse and it was promptly taken note by the salesman. No problems with them.

Dear all,

My advice is dont used Moo Movers Transportation.

I had previously used their services and experience been threatened like loan shark or gangsters few months. That time, I had made enquiry on the transportation charges and even inform them the location I'm moving too. On that day, the first things that they asked is to get food and drinks for them (never even want to pay you back) before loading the stuffs, I'm ok with it at first as I felt that they are working hard. To my surprise :jawdrop: is they threatened me to increase the charges along the journey and all my stuffs are now on their lorry. No choice, I'm forced to agree on it. During the period, I felt that nothing I can do, just hope that the whole things will ended soon and no other fees will to be incurred.

Now I'm shocked again they gave me another big surprise is they had dismantled our cupboards so that they can move into the house easier and again I'm ok with it too coz I expected them to put it back for me. Guess what... I'm been threatened again to pay them extra charges to put it back in shape and even requested us to pay them CASH.

Does anyone over here also used their services? Or anyone encountered the same incident as me.

Oh dear, you sure had a bad experience with the movers! It's scary!

Ask for Food and drinks?!?!

Bey Pai Sey leh! So far with 3 moves done by Citimap, there was only once that we bought food for the movers and that was because they had been very much engaged with our move for the whole day, finishing almost 8pm! And it was a friend who bought the food for them [and for us too]. It was so nice of our friend that he gotten halal makans for the workers.

Increase charges during move?!?!

Wah! That's not nice. Btw, were there more things to move than what was quoted for?

Dismantling and Assembly Charges

...mmm....I don't remember having to pay extra for the worker to dismantle and assemble our queen sized bed. Perhaps that'd already included in the quote. The fella who dismantled and assembled the bed for our 3rd move was the same fella who did it for our 1st and 2nd move.

Not impressed with other movers

I have not used other movers but have seen Tom's cousin's 2 moves done by another company and we weren't impressed. They charged for boxes and the moving team is not experience. They do not wrap the items and that's a big :no: for us as we are so used to how Citimap cling-wrap everything - even bamboo sticks!

Thus, for our moves, we have always called Kenny of Citimap.

Review

Click here for our review posted on another renotalk thread.

Quotation & Boxes

Click here for the quote for our coming move on Monday. Btw, we have about 20 boxes which are unpacked from our previous move. 40 boxes were sent when Kenny had his colleague came to do the estimate. Another 35 boxes were sent over just a few days ago when my maid highlighted that we had ran out of boxes to pack our stuff. :jawdrop:

Other prices quoted for other forumers' move

keltong's quote - $370, 40 boxes, 20ft truck, 1 team = 5 person

appreciative's quote - $650, 2 trips, 80 boxes, + piano + s.heavy king size bed to move, had problem with boxes delivery?

Inflation

Now that I'm looking at the quote for keltong's move, that was very much the price we paid Kenny for our 1st move when we had a lot less things to move. We moved from KimLin Mansion, ground floor, 2 bedrooms apartment to a 3 bedrooms apartment on #12 Fairways Condo [lift landing but long corridor to the apartment]. So I see, there's no much of a price increase for Citimap's service.

Then 3 bedrooms apartment move to 4 bedrooms apartment for about $600; 4 bedrooms apartment move to mansionette for $750 [still have cheque butt to refer to as it was only a year ago]. Now, mansionette moving to HDB 5 room improved unit [2 x HDB 3 room flat, corner] for $750. This move will be a more challenging one as there are many stairs climbing -

-> mansionette upper level down to truck

-> truck unloading bay 3 flights of stairs to get to ground level of HDB flat

-> ground floor up another flight of stairs to get to lift

-> lift to 3rd floor

-> lift landing up another flight of stairs to reach HDB unit.

Chuan hor?

More things to move. :wacko:

More stairs to climb :wacko:

Dear all,

My advice is dont used Moo Movers Transportation.

I had previously used their services and experience been threatened like loan shark or gangsters few months. That time, I had made enquiry on the transportation charges and even inform them the location I'm moving too. On that day, the first things that they asked is to get food and drinks for them (never even want to pay you back) before loading the stuffs, I'm ok with it at first as I felt that they are working hard. To my surprise :jawdrop: is they threatened me to increase the charges along the journey and all my stuffs are now on their lorry. No choice, I'm forced to agree on it. During the period, I felt that nothing I can do, just hope that the whole things will ended soon and no other fees will to be incurred.

Now I'm shocked again they gave me another big surprise is they had dismantled our cupboards so that they can move into the house easier and again I'm ok with it too coz I expected them to put it back for me. Guess what... I'm been threatened again to pay them extra charges to put it back in shape and even requested us to pay them CASH.

Does anyone over here also used their services? Or anyone encountered the same incident as me.

i use lian tat seng - pic is wilson, this is my second house move and i m very impressed , stuff stack to columns and final wrap before send off to the next location, 3 big items that i move includes the fridge , king size bed and washing machine.

i recommend this mover to all, pm me if u need details.

chiang

Sad to hear abt your unhappy experience in using Movers_101.

I used them for my last move & was happy with them, hence, I recommended them to other forumers here.

Albert was driving the van for my house moving. After the move, I paid by cash to Albert. No invoice & no receipt took place. For a small biz like theirs, issuing invoice or receipt will incur extra cost to them. I personally don't see the need to collect invoice or receipt from them, might probably throw them away after the moving was completed.

This is different from buying an item from a shop ie. IKEA whereby I need to keep the receipt for warranty claim in future. We should go green as much as we can.

Just my opinion, you might think differently.

Just want to share my experience with using Movers 101 not too long ago...

Generally the shifting guys have done their job in shifting the designated items. However, I do not feel too good about their customer service. Movers 101 is run by Albert & his wife Pearly. Their practice is to collect money at the end of each job.

I've requested a receipt to be given to me as evidence of payment. As on the shifting day the guys doing the shifting does not carry any receipt book, I was told Pearly would issue me an invoice/receipt thereafter (by mailing to my address), within the next few days.

I did not receive any letter after more than a week. Called Pearly and she mentioned the letter was mailed out very soon after the shifting. Ok, maybe the mail was lost along the way. Thus I emailed them to ask a copy of the receipt to be emailed to me.

Pearly replied the email with an invoice attachment. It states details like price, locations of shifting, but did not state what I want (i.e. they have received the payment). [Per what I understand very much later from Albert, this is their practice - they merely issue an invoice, they do not issue receipts or specifiically say that they have received the money. They make sure they collect money at the end of each job].

Thus I replied an email asking them to confirm (via a simple reply) that they have received the money. There was no reply from Pearly despite sending my email 3 times on 3 separate days (I have put a read receipt in the email thus I know all emails have been read). Intermittently I called her to ask her to reply my email. Once she said she did not receive my email and say she'll check (But there are read receipts for my emails). Another day when I called she said she can't talk to me because she is busy. Despite promising to call me back, she didn't. I messaged her to call me back but there is no call-backs. Subsequent calls to her receive no pick-ups.

As mentioned earlier, this company does not issue a receipt. But what I don't understand is how come she does not want to just give a simple email reply to say "Yes" (i.e. they have received the money). Or at least she would have called me to explain their way of doing things (i.e. the invoice would suffice). Her response before and after the shifting was totally different.

I do not blame them for not issuing me a receipt, nor think that merely issuing an invoice (instead of a receipt) as confirmation of payment, is wrong. But at least a proactive reply/call to explian their way of doing things would help - rather than keeping the customer in the dark by not responding to his/her emails/messages. I wouldn't have known their practice until I called Albert, who then explained.

This area of customer service is apparently lacking in Movers 101 and needs improvement. zz

What's wrong with me getting movers! :bangwall:

Got 4 quotes, oni 2 bothered to came to see and gave quotations and when decided on Citimap, didn't deliver the boxes on the stated day.

I used Movers_101 when I moved house last weekend, $180 to move within TPY. The guys were very careful when handling my stuff, no scratches :disturb:

Would recommend them to others.

I gave up on H** Y***. Almost 1 week already, boxes not in sight! Dun understand why so many good reviews about them! :yamseng:

Anyway called Citimap and came next day for site survey. Price quoted $650, said something about need 2 trips and need to climb stairs, cannot use a 20ft truck etc. Price includes piano and super heavy king size bed. 80 boxes! Said I have too many things. No need deposit though but boxes need to return. $80 for diversion.

Another quote me $800. Need to pay deposit for boxes and also to return them. $70 for diversion.

I've tried Mr Mover, Jimmy (many times), both didn't bother to call back.

Anyone tried Breakthrough? Their price is cheapest.