Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koras

Any movers to recommend?

Just did my move with Citimap. Called and came next day for site survey. Have a quotation form and look through the items, quoted $370 for 40+ boxes (on top of the 20+ boxes we already have in the house) and a 20ft truck all inclusive.

As last min booking and wanted Sat so only got afternoon slot. Suppose to come at 2-3pm but was stuck at earlier job due to rain. At about 3+, a 14ft truck came as they have finish their job while the original truck still stuck.

A group of very nice and accommodating guys. 1 team = 5 person. Things were nicely packed and handled quite well. Wrapped up all the things not in box. We got quite a bit of loose items and they brought up some more boxes to pack them in for us.

We got quite a bit of dismantled furnitures that we packed previously ourselves using newspaper. That was a mistake as we did not pack properly and there were 1 or 2 scratches when the item arrived at the new place.

They unwrapped those items they wrapped up earlier and also put the boxes and furnitures where you want them to. The 20ft truck finally came and pick up the rest of the stuff still at the old place so that the 14ft truck do not have to make a 2nd trip back. So end up with 10 person helping to move everything in.

Bought lots of drinks for them (no beer please there are still working :dribble: ) and they are very happy. Helped me to shift my piano that is already in the house too.

Overall a pleasant experience.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Prices has risen at Hua Yong but it's still reasonable, I think. Calling them to come and give quotation is really difficult. No calling back to cancel meeting. Only till the 5th call that I get a quotation via phone and the boxes will deliver next week.

$300 for a truck load for 30 free boxes.

Likewise, Jimmy movers. Called several times, left voice messages- nothing. so no quotation.

Will feedback again on Hua Yong when we move.

Engaged CYC Movers in 2005 and was delighted by their services. Will be moving again this month and just awarded the job to them. But, the supervisor who did my job in 2005 has already left the company. Hope for the best from them again.

This morning I saw my neightbor's tenant using The Helping Hand to move his household items.

Surfed the internet and discovered that it is a Church Ministry that provides jobs to ex-drug addicts and prisoners. Has any1 used their services bfore???

Hi LIT

Can you give me the contact no and the company name?

So, I can ask him for free boxes and dont need to return right?

Btw..what is the cost like?

Thanks!!

HAPPY

Just PM-ed you the details. He charged me $420. Plus $30 for additional location cos I gave away my old tv console to someone else. Good luck!! 8|

Oh ya.. and he didn't charge me for extra boxes.

Edited by lithiumix

Hi LIT

Can you give me the contact no and the company name?

So, I can ask him for free boxes and dont need to return right?

Btw..what is the cost like?

Thanks!!

HAPPY

i asked for 30 initially, but was worried that it wasn't enuff, so he gave me 40. Day before the move, i asked for another 5 more (to pack loose items which i would myself). No extra charges.

No need to return the boxes or place deposit... !!

i could have called him at a bad time or in the middle of a move.. but that's aright :dunno:

Hi...most of the movers give free boxes, how many free boxes they give? Is it we need to return to them later?

I heard something like need to place deposit for free boxes?

i asked for 30 initially, but was worried that it wasn't enuff, so he gave me 40. Day before the move, i asked for another 5 more (to pack loose items which i would myself). No extra charges.

No need to return the boxes or place deposit... !!

i think jimmy is like a '1 man show', he answers calls and takes the orders then he also involved in the deliveries. keke.. think his biz is not bad.

yep, got to say, both times when i called him, he like quite busy. 2nd time think he forgot to call me back, so 2 days later, i call him back and everything was arranged. they were late though on the day itself by an hr or so, but since i was not very pressed for time, i chin chye lah, didn't make any fuss about it.

i could have called him at a bad time or in the middle of a move.. but that's aright :dunno:

I called jimmy up 2 weeks ago, requested him to come down give quotation. Seems he is too busy, said he will call back few days later to arrange but he never did. :help:

In the end I engaged Cornerstone Movers. Moving next week, so no comments on the service yet.

i think jimmy is like a '1 man show', he answers calls and takes the orders then he also involved in the deliveries. keke.. think his biz is not bad.

yep, got to say, both times when i called him, he like quite busy. 2nd time think he forgot to call me back, so 2 days later, i call him back and everything was arranged. they were late though on the day itself by an hr or so, but since i was not very pressed for time, i chin chye lah, didn't make any fuss about it.

Hi...most of the movers give free boxes, how many free boxes they give? Is it we need to return to them later?

I heard something like need to place deposit for free boxes?

Feedback on Cornerstone movers: 45 boxes plus furniture and electrical appliances. They were late for an hour (can't blame them cos i changed the schedule on short notice, they had to squeeze in a slot for me). The boss, John came first and quickly assessed the things to moved. Shortly, his movers came. Incl. John, there were 8 of them. Swiftly they wrapped and moved away all the stuff, all under an hour, 2 lorry loads. Travelled to the new place (5km away) and unload all the stuff under an hour as well. My new place was 1 level below lift landing, not an issue for them. Everything completed in 2 hours.

Only complaint is that when removing the tempered glass from my dinning table they made a 5cm scratch to table top, which is a magnet for scratches. But i had scratched the table before when i removed the glass myself (heavy), so.. what the heck... :D

I've engaged the services of Logan, who does moving on a freelance basis. He charged me $150 for moving about 12 pieces of furniture, which I find reasonable. Very pleasant and friendly guy. Even took the effort to ensure that all my furniture are shrink wrapped properly.

Not sure if he charges extra for more than 1 location or more items, so might need to check.

Those interested can PM me for his contact.

Err...I only move piano with them b4. Rate I think was around $100-$120. According to my sis (I shifted to her place temp) they did quite a good job. Only thing is they were very late and called to apologise and offer to give 1 free tuning (worth $50). Never move other items b4 so cannot be certain about their service.

yes, right, you only moved the piano, sorry! Good luck if you're using them again.

Keltong, is the Jenny you used same as "Jenny Professional Movers", tel 62439378 / 97557813? Got this from the classified ad in today's St Times too. What are their rates like?

Err...I only move piano with them b4. Rate I think was around $100-$120. According to my sis (I shifted to her place temp) they did quite a good job. Only thing is they were very late and called to apologise and offer to give 1 free tuning (worth $50). Never move other items b4 so cannot be certain about their service.

• Like 1