Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
onben

Starting a new journey

Hi,

I would like to get advise to rebuild a corner terrace. Will be exercising the option and have to do a rebuild. 

The house was built in 1970. Owner had done A&A without approval and no floorplan. Land size around 2620 sqft. 

Will be looking for architects and builders. What’s the preparations needed before meeting up? Topo and soil testing?

Greatly appreciative your advice. 

Edited by onben

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello! I just started my journey too but a lot of it is guided by my architect. He purchased a couple of plans before I made my purchase actually. After purchase,  He arranged for topo, soil, asbestos for us. Basically going thru a 3 quote process to find a suitable vendor. 
Im now onto next phase! Hope my summary works. 

Buy the SIP and DIP from PUB to check of your house has any sewer line running through it and affected by drainage reserves. 

you can do your topo after you exercise your option provided the sellers allow for your surveyor to access the house to do the topo. If the owner is fussy, then you can only do it after you take over the house. Same as soil investigation as it is very noisy and messy so better to do it after you take over the house. You will need to apply for utilities (power and water) before doing soil investigation as your contractor will need them. Can terminate the utilities again when it’s not needed to avoid paying the refuse collection fees. 

if the current owner is friendly, can get them to authorize you to buy the existing plans from BCA. Else you will need to wait until you take over the house. 

With the topo and PUB plans, you can find an architect to design your house or find a contractor who does design and build. of cos you can skip all the above by just looking for an architect or builder now and let them do all the necessary stuff for you. 

On 6/26/2022 at 6:35 PM, snoozee said:

Buy the SIP and DIP from PUB to check of your house has any sewer line running through it and affected by drainage reserves. 

you can do your topo after you exercise your option provided the sellers allow for your surveyor to access the house to do the topo. If the owner is fussy, then you can only do it after you take over the house. Same as soil investigation as it is very noisy and messy so better to do it after you take over the house. You will need to apply for utilities (power and water) before doing soil investigation as your contractor will need them. Can terminate the utilities again when it’s not needed to avoid paying the refuse collection fees. 

if the current owner is friendly, can get them to authorize you to buy the existing plans from BCA. Else you will need to wait until you take over the house. 

With the topo and PUB plans, you can find an architect to design your house or find a contractor who does design and build. of cos you can skip all the above by just looking for an architect or builder now and let them do all the necessary stuff for you. 

Thanks for the advice.

Exercised the option and waiting for completion date in few months. Have been looking around for architect but only managed to talk to 2. One of them exceed my budget and had to drop them.. Hoping to find a few to make comparison before working with the one comfortable with..