Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
workofgrace

Budgeting For A Baby

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Ladyluck, some response above. The Gynae really depends on how popular the Gynae is. Those more expensive one can be really expensive while there are cheaper alternatives. Check out singaporemotherhood for recommendations.

For the delivery, there are several charges that you did not include and it depends on several factors:

1) C-Section or Natural

C-Section will need around 3 days stay while natural can be discharged after 2 days. Charges vary accordingly. Thomson package is around $2600 exclude drugs and medicine for C-section (3 days) single bed package.

2) Epidural

Additional cost cost need another doctor to administer. ($500)

3) Your Gynae delivery charges

Around $3000 and can really go up depending on how popular the gynae is. Of the hospital and gynae charges, around $3000 can come from medisave.

4) PD charges

Around $400 depending on PD you engage.

5) Babycare charges

Note the hospital charges previously mentioned are for mum. The baby has another set of charges around $500 - $1000 for medical supplies, accommodation, babycare service, UV light etc. This is assuming your baby does not need to be warded into ICU which is extremely expensive.

I think thats about it until delivery. Post delivery you have to think about confinement nanny ($2000) for 1 month, breast pump sets, etc.

Quite scary when you think about it!! :jawdrop:

indeed scary .. i jus went for 1 visit to gynea,its cost me SGD211 already include scanning of sac...

ya, am thinking of confinement lady too...

jus done a research infant care near my office is 1500/mth Zzzzz

Congrads! When are you due? :dancingqueen:

Trying to PM u, but your PM box disabled or full. PM me back :seeya:

thanks Estamun, due end of aug 2009 :P

indeed scary .. i jus went for 1 visit to gynea,its cost me SGD211 already include scanning of sac...

ya, am thinking of confinement lady too...

jus done a research infant care near my office is 1500/mth Zzzzz

thanks Estamun, due end of aug 2009 :P

Have replied your PM about the water delivery. :notti:

My friend told me about her very experienced confinement lady which guided her to develop confidence as a new mum. If you want, I can ask her. PM me if I missed your reply. :P

One question. You already visited a gynae? Do you intend to stay with the same gynae? If so, you will need to find out which hospital your gynae is attached to. Gynaecologists usually have 1 or 2 hospital where they usually practice. :deal:

Have replied your PM about the water delivery. :notti:

My friend told me about her very experienced confinement lady which guided her to develop confidence as a new mum. If you want, I can ask her. PM me if I missed your reply. :P

One question. You already visited a gynae? Do you intend to stay with the same gynae? If so, you will need to find out which hospital your gynae is attached to. Gynaecologists usually have 1 or 2 hospital where they usually practice. :deal:

ya, i wish to see female Gynea and gleneagle is nearest to my home. my gynea only deliver at gleneagle.

but i have not sign up with her any prenatal package la. so still can source around.

confinement lady, tat wonderful. usually confinement lady will stay at your home ah?

anyone can tell me more abt the market rate of baby sitter? say $500 per mth, the baby sitter look after your baby for how many days per week? / and how many hrs per day?

so if $500 per mth, this includes the milk powder etc for the baby? or do we have to provide the necessary powder or food for the baby?

confinement lady, tat wonderful. usually confinement lady will stay at your home ah?

Confinement lady will stay at your home. Usually 28 days. She will also cook confinement food for the mummy and sometimes family. The amount you pay is just for the labour... you can visit the following site for your reference.

http://www.blissconfinement.page.tl/

anyone can tell me more abt the market rate of baby sitter? say $500 per mth, the baby sitter look after your baby for how many days per week? / and how many hrs per day?

so if $500 per mth, this includes the milk powder etc for the baby? or do we have to provide the necessary powder or food for the baby?

baby sitters have many different arrangements leh... some go to your home and look after, those will definately be more than $500. Some you need to drop off at their homes. Usually its 5 days a week, 7am - 7pm.

Confinement lady will stay at your home. Usually 28 days. She will also cook confinement food for the mummy and sometimes family. The amount you pay is just for the labour... you can visit the following site for your reference.

http://www.blissconfinement.page.tl/

baby sitters have many different arrangements leh... some go to your home and look after, those will definately be more than $500. Some you need to drop off at their homes. Usually its 5 days a week, 7am - 7pm.

i have check one infant care near my workplace,,,, its a bomb!!! SGD1500/month

Elo mums and mums-to-be, we are a couple who have been following RT and learnt alot from here. We have started this baby clothes website where you can purchase adorable baby clothes online at afordable prices! Having nieces & nephews, we

have gone thru what other parents did, looking for good comfortable and adorable clothes that don't burn a hole in our pockets.

We hope you would visit our website - www.petittots.com and give us your support. We welcome comments from you as well.

We will progressively add more collections to this website, so bookmark this website and watch out for more interesting collections coming your way! ;)

Thank you for your support! :P

IF you stay near JB, u can get diapers or groceries there which is cheaper. I do that every weekend, cuz i stay in Bt Panj.

I save about $30 every week, inclusive of petrol. Very worth it.