Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Alysabeth

Looking For A Reliable Id

Hi all,

I am looking for a reliable ID to do a overhaul renovation for my resale condo. I have been to 3 ID firm, one of them required me to pay a $500 refundable deposit for the drawings & quotation. The contract stated that if I do not take up their design, I will get back my deposit. Is it a common practice? 2 out of the 3 IDs requested to go down to see the place to get a better idea of the whole place before they make a quotation and proposal. Do they normally do that?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Drop the $500 deposit ID firm, money out easy, money back difficult.

That is not a standard practice.

Sometimes, you can only get a rough quote from floorplans. Since you need to overhaul the entire place, it's easier for them to pay a visit, they can estimate what needs to be hacked and changed. The quote will be more accurate.

Hmm.. I have been looking for ID for the past 1 months... Was asked by IDs to put a refundable deposits.. But they said that the refund is in the form of products from their supplier... ie to say u are given vouchers for shops that is affilated to their company...

I personally don't feel comfortable doing that... As they might jack-up the price of the items that u wanna redeem.. Looking for the suitable ID is really a headache.. think word of mouth from ppl is impt...

Guest zackling

Hi people, I would like to recommend you to come down to XXXXXXXXX DESIGN & FURNISHING PTE LTD ocated at #xx-xxx Marina Sq. Free Quotation, Free Layout.. everything free till the day you sign the contract.

1. Layout + Quotation (FREE)

2. Free 3D Hand drawn pictures (FREE)

3. Workmanship

4. Materials Selection

5. Sign contract.

[Post edited, no advertisement plz. For advertisement opportunities pls contact Admin]

Edited by JuzChris

$500 for design and quotation? drop it. his knife so sharp :bleah:

i encountered one company who provide 3D (only living rm) together with revised quotation to me within a week.

getting ID is really a headache. I'm getting keys in two weeks time still have not confirm one. pulling my hair liao....

Edited by jt88

Guest vinlee
Hi all,

I am looking for a reliable ID to do a overhaul renovation for my resale condo. I have been to 3 ID firm, one of them required me to pay a $500 refundable deposit for the drawings & quotation. The contract stated that if I do not take up their design, I will get back my deposit. Is it a common practice? 2 out of the 3 IDs requested to go down to see the place to get a better idea of the whole place before they make a quotation and proposal. Do they normally do that?

Hmm.. I have been looking for ID for the past 1 months... Was asked by IDs to put a refundable deposits.. But they said that the refund is in the form of products from their supplier... ie to say u are given vouchers for shops that is affilated to their company...

I personally don't feel comfortable doing that... As they might jack-up the price of the items that u wanna redeem.. Looking for the suitable ID is really a headache.. think word of mouth from ppl is impt...

Hi all...

I think it is not standard practice to pay deposit.

I totally agree with dashE that the price will likely be jacked up.

And this Zackling fellow is pretty irritating,advertising openly.

Sign....Moderators....pls do something!