Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
korea

How Much Does Agent Charge Buyer And Seller?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

By IEA's guidelines, yes. Its 1% for buyer, 2% for seller, same for both HDB and pte ppty.

By market practice, no. But it also varies from case to case, from rich people investing in several properties to relatives or close friends of the agent to straightforward cases where comm can be negotiated. Sometimes the comm could also be higher, if the agent had gone extra mile to do more, although that's rare lah.

General market practice: For HDB flat its still 1% for buyer and 2% for seller, while for pte ppty, its nothing for buyer and 1% for seller.

By IEA's guidelines, yes. Its 1% for buyer, 2% for seller, same for both HDB and pte ppty.

By market practice, no. But it also varies from case to case, from rich people investing in several properties to relatives or close friends of the agent to straightforward cases where comm can be negotiated. Sometimes the comm could also be higher, if the agent had gone extra mile to do more, although that's rare lah.

General market practice: For HDB flat its still 1% for buyer and 2% for seller, while for pte ppty, its nothing for buyer and 1% for seller.

but by IEA's guidelines, its 1% for buyer and 2% for seller (for both hdb and pte property). so, how come in general market practice for pte property buyer doesnt need to pay whereas seller has to pay 1%? :)

but by IEA's guidelines, its 1% for buyer and 2% for seller (for both hdb and pte property). so, how come in general market practice for pte property buyer doesnt need to pay whereas seller has to pay 1%? :dunno:

Dictated by market forces obviously...

a friend of mine has already signed the exclusive with his agent to sell his flat. in the document, my friend has to pay his agent 2% commission after everything is completed. :)

the qns is: does my friend need to pay his agent the 2% commission if eventually he doesnt want to sell his flat anymore?? :sport-smiley-004:

a friend of mine has already signed the exclusive with his agent to sell his flat. in the document, my friend has to pay his agent 2% commission after everything is completed. :)

the qns is: does my friend need to pay his agent the 2% commission if eventually he doesnt want to sell his flat anymore?? :sport-smiley-004:

I thought u asked this in another thread before??

If there is totally no transaction at all, then of course there is no need to pay any comm. But if there was an OTP signed and your friend back out of it, the buyer and agents will have a claim on your friend.

Hi Zirhk,

Just wanna thank you for all the advice you've given in this forum re agents. Anyway it made me decide to do selling w/o agents. And so far I'm only at the viewing stage and it has been fine. Most viewers are serious and genuinely interested to know more.

But the agents! Some really pissed me off... There's one who called and asked if i'll give commission if he has a buyer. Here's the conversation:

A: Will you give me commission if i have a buyer for you?

me: sorry no because we will do everything includ paperwork ourselves.

A: Not even 0.5 %? I brought the client leh...

me: Sorry but in actual fact you're obligated to find your client a flat so you're not doing me a service. Besides, there'll be a conflict of interest since we want the highest offer possible and your client wants the lowest price possible.

A: No it's not like that ... both sides have to compromise..

me: yah, precisely.. it means WE will have to compromise so .. no point... we can work that out ourselves..

A: not even an ang pow?

me: yes, maybe a token of appreciation

A: how much huh? lowest will be about how much?

me: ???????

by now i really regret the fact that i even bother talking to him!:wub:

Anyway I ended off saying

me: Ok, look i have an agent friend who can help me if i need help and he's not charging me anything... so thanks a lot!!

SIGH!:wub: why do such people even exist...arrghh... :(