Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
seeez

Help! My Glossy Homogenous Tiles Are Now Matted...

HELP!:) Sigh....I've use excessive NTUC Tile detergent (blue bottle cheap price) on my homogenous tiles over the weekend. It now becomes matt-looking instead of original glossy feeling.

In the past, I've done it before to clean the gap in between and scrub with toothbrush but I only pour along the gap. It will leave the matt effect along the side but after period of time and mopping...it will turn back to original feeling.

What should i do now.... pls help....

I need to know...

1) Is the glossy layer of the tile "bitten" away.

2) The only solution is to grind and polish by professional?

3) Is there a cheaper DIY solution?

die la.... :notti:

ming

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
HELP!:( Sigh....I've use excessive NTUC Tile detergent (blue bottle cheap price) on my homogenous tiles over the weekend. It now becomes matt-looking instead of original glossy feeling.

In the past, I've done it before to clean the gap in between and scrub with toothbrush but I only pour along the gap. It will leave the matt effect along the side but after period of time and mopping...it will turn back to original feeling.

I need to know...

die la.... :)

ming

oh dear, I'm afraid u cant turn back the clock cos the blue bottle detergent is very strong. Btw, just for your info, I thought homo tiles cannot be polish but I've heard of ppl getting their contractor to polish it to make it shine again. Wonder how true is it :)

oh dear, I'm afraid u cant turn back the clock cos the blue bottle detergent is very strong. Btw, just for your info, I thought homo tiles cannot be polish but I've heard of ppl getting their contractor to polish it to make it shine again. Wonder how true is it :)

I use mckenic - simi dirt/stain also came off

http://www.mr-mckenic.com/

Hey, not sure if im "sensitive" still hoping they can be back to normal. I realise day by day, there are some changes on the tiles leh.... not sure it is slowing dissolve and evoporate the "bleach"... and slowly revealing the glossy part leh...

Will update soon :D

Wish me good luck!

oh, so only avail in IMM. I saw a booth there couple of months ago. They dun do delivery? Also quite ex right?

sometimes i saw their products in NTUC also but limited.

their floorcleaner is around $5, just slightly more expensive than the magicclean $3.

but really huge difference between 2 of them, when i clean the grouting - magicclean i still need to use greenpad. but floorcleaner - after i spray, i can see the dirt flowing liao.

I bought a few 5 litres ones - $20+ nia.

Edited by MaCe

Hi Mace gor-gor, this one is it the tile & gout wonder? Can this be used on the toilet floor & wall tiles? Any other thing that is worth buying? Thanks!

Wow you are really an expert!

you will become an expert too if you are being drived to an edge with all the reno/furniture/apps bills piling up. :dunno: bobian LL got to go around ask questions and find the BEST solution(cheap at the same time).

I guess I better create a blog or something to list down all the chemicals currently using in my house. :deal:

you will become an expert too if you are being drived to an edge with all the reno/furniture/apps bills piling up. :bleah: bobian LL got to go around ask questions and find the BEST solution(cheap at the same time).

I guess I better create a blog or something to list down all the chemicals currently using in my house. :D

yes i totally agree with the idea

blog please :D

HELP!!! Sigh....I've use excessive NTUC Tile detergent (blue bottle cheap price) on my homogenous tiles over the weekend. It now becomes matt-looking instead of original glossy feeling.

I need to know...

die la.... :jawdrop:

ming

This problem is very hard to fix. I bought over a house once with the homogenous tiles really "destroyed" by the prev. owner. Ho Bee Renovation -- Patrick, they saved me. But I warn you: takes 2-3 days to do the job. Very laborious and time and man-hours intensive.

This problem is very hard to fix. I bought over a house once with the homogenous tiles really "destroyed" by the prev. owner. Ho Bee Renovation -- Patrick, they saved me. But I warn you: takes 2-3 days to do the job. Very laborious and time and man-hours intensive.

eh, are u trying to advertise for a person, or providing a solution where everyone can read. :rolleyes: If it's the later then it would be more useful.

eh, are u trying to advertise for a person, or providing a solution where everyone can read. :rolleyes: If it's the later then it would be more useful.

I am just trying to be helpful, and give you the plain honest truth from my own experience with spoilt homogenous tiles. If you do not believe me, it's O.K. Just go ahead and try to solve it your own way. You will soon see the enormity of your mistake. :dancingqueen: