Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
seeez

Help! My Glossy Homogenous Tiles Are Now Matted...

I am just trying to be helpful, and give you the plain honest truth from my own experience with spoilt homogenous tiles. If you do not believe me, it's O.K. Just go ahead and try to solve it your own way. You will soon see the enormity of your mistake. :dancingqueen:

and what was the solution that took many days to solve? :dunno:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
QUOTE (seeez @ Aug 20 2007, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HELP! !! Sigh....I've use excessive NTUC Tile detergent (blue bottle cheap price) on my homogenous tiles over the weekend. It now becomes matt-looking instead of original glossy feeling.

In the past, I've done it before to clean the gap in between and scrub with toothbrush but I only pour along the gap. It will leave the matt effect along the side but after period of time and mopping...it will turn back to original feeling.

What should i do now.... pls help....

I need to know...

1) Is the glossy layer of the tile "bitten" away.
2) The only solution is to grind and polish by professional?
3) Is there a cheaper DIY solution?

die la.... jawdrop.gif
ming

Hi Member,
Sorry to hear that you etch the homogenous or Porcelain tiles surface away,
Read the back label before use!
Hydrochloride Acid is bad and damage most surface,
Phosphoric Acid is safe on most tiles except marble, slate. or any calcium based tiles or stone.
Now you can re-polish your Porcelain tiles with Crystal Shine System, it will build a Crystal surface on the tiles & Stain or dirt will not able to penetrate. check out www.renotalk.com for Before & After Pictures
You can Call Donald Toh mobile 9637****
Best Regards
T S TAN

Hi Member,

Sorry to hear that you etch the homogenous or Porcelain tiles surface away,

Read the back label before use!

Hydrochloride Acid is bad and damage most surface,

Phosphoric Acid is safe on most tiles except marble, slate. or any calcium based tiles or stone.

Now you can re-polish your Porcelain tiles with Crystal Shine System, it will build a Crystal surface on the tiles & Stain or dirt will not able to penetrate. check out www.renotalk.com for Before & After Pictures

You can Call Donald Toh mobile 96378448

Best Regards

T S TAN

Hi Master,

I tried to contact Donald Toh and he came to check my tiles. He said he can make my tiles brighter with Crystal surface, but the price that he quoted was quite high. May I know how much roughly he quoted you and how big is the area that you re-polish? Do you have any pictures before and after the re-polishing?

Cheers

homogenous or Porcelain tiles are manufaacture under very high heat to give you the glossy.

The only way to have the glossy back is to coat glossy sealer over it or use wax to polish to get the glossy.

The cheapest way is to use the sealer but the glossy may not turn out to be the same as the tiles next to it.

hi all, I am also facing the same problem and would like to know if anyone have sucessfully resolved it?

I accidentally used those $1 brown bottle cleaner on my HDB tiles in my living room. Now it seems those affected area have lost all it's gloss. Really sad about it as my place just renovated only.

I have read some USA website that there is some sealant or wax that may help but home fix in Singapore dun have...

any kind soul here please help?

hi all, I am also facing the same problem and would like to know if anyone have sucessfully resolved it?

I accidentally used those $1 brown bottle cleaner on my HDB tiles in my living room. Now it seems those affected area have lost all it's gloss. Really sad about it as my place just renovated only.

I have read some USA website that there is some sealant or wax that may help but home fix in Singapore dun have...

any kind soul here please help?

Hi, maybe you can try the below website for Crystal White & Porcelain polishing service. I haven try out before as found it while searching. My gloss homo flooring also started to become abit matt :(

http://www.cleanglobal.com/service.php

http://www.cleanglobal.com/service_detail.php?id_group=17

Edited by davidbslee

Hi, maybe you can try the below website for Crystal White & Porcelain polishing service. I haven try out before as found it while searching. My gloss homo flooring also started to become abit matt :(

http://www.cleanglobal.com/service.php

http://www.cleanglobal.com/service_detail.php?id_group=17

thanks for the info but this company is from Malaysia

anyway their profile seems promising

Help! My maid used acidic solvent to clean grouting on my living room and kitchen homogeneous tiles, and now the edges of those affected tiles become dull / matte looking :( Anyone can advise how to restore it back? Or at least not so obvious...

20130606_082550.jpg20130606_082651.jpg

Edited by kopitalk

Hmm, the blue bottle one also avoid, these 2 products from NTUC seem to cause many problems

Edited by Ziad

• Like 3

Actually these blue & brown bottled strong floor cleaning solution seems to give a lot of problems; what are they meant for anyway? Or they were developed during a era where people don't have glossy tiles?