Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vade

Carpenter To Recommend?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

For those who are interested doing in carpentry can email me, we have our inhouse carpenter.

www.cubetopia.com.sg

pls email to casse@cubetopia.com.sg /cc cassechia@gmail.com

Thanks

<!--quoteo(post=422920:date=Jul 10 2009, 12:50 AM:name=celerygoh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (celerygoh @ Jul 10 2009, 12:50 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=422920"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Mine was done by: <a href="http://agnsdesign.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">http://agnsdesign.blogspot.com/</a>

Good workmanship, price is really individual..

Cheers!!1<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

wow, ur home really loook good... can share the individual price and pm their contact no?

i'm looking for a capentary alone with a good reasonable price for my display cabinet and bench or console behind the sofa.. but must be thicker than normal plywood....

could you pm me the contact? thanks.

When we renovated our 3-room resale, it was done a serious hurry because (a) we didn't expect the extent of work that needed to be done (note: never do a viewing at night) and therefore (b) I cancelled the lease to my rented apartment 2 weeks after I was to take over the key. After a very bad experience with an "ID", my colleague recommended his carpenter, Eric Wee. He met us promptly (past 12 midnight!) because I had to urgently sort out the reno before going outstation. Most of the stuff (electrical relocation, built-in wardrobe, painting, false ceiling.. he can get the non-carpentry work coordinated for you too through his contacts) were done within the week and half that we had left before moving in, while the kitchen cabinets and solid kitchen top was completed after we moved in. We had certain constraints such as having to work with the existing tiles, and Eric did a great job in recommending laminates that breathed new life into a tired looking and dark kitchen, making it look updated. His timing can be a bit erratic too, but that's also partly due to our VERY tight timeline. Apart from that, we're definitely happy with his work. In fact, we're extending our kitchen and we'll be engaging his services again.

Could you send his contact to me @ hongyu95@hotmail.com? thank you.

<!--quoteo(post=614768:date=Mar 2 2011, 12:48 PM:name=alexliw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alexliw @ Mar 2 2011, 12:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=614768"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi yifei, can advise how much do they charge you for the wardrobe? Cos i am keen in doing a wardrobe at my master bedroom too.

Thanks<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I previously hired Ciseern and fell out with them. A carpenter is now running things for me at home.

So far so good.

Works is fast! He has started to paint my place. The best thing is I have not paid him a single cent for the painting. After painting, (4 colours, Ceiling white, 1000 sgd, 90msq flat), then I pay!

For the wood works, I pay half upon work commencing. No advance payment needed.

Speaks chinese and dialects. Old man who goes by the name of Mr. Leong.

It's so far so good for me. He's delivering what he promised.

PM me if you want his contact.

May I have his contact? PM me or send to hongyu95@hotmail.com

thank you.

Hi for those finding for Ah Wei's contacts: 98610473. He did my kitchen cabinet,vanity top and alter room. Nothing to complain. Did a good, decent job. But i think he does his laminate in Msia cos our items were delivered in Msia truck. I dun mind. its been 10 months since reno & all going strong hehe.

All the best to those starting their reno :)

Tried contacting Mr Lau/Kok & Perlyn from Sun Hup also. In the end also gave up. Totally lack of response and initative to call back or reply.. Ask for quotation takes weeks and never came through. Very disappointing.

Hi,

I'm looking for a carpenter to do some simple carpentry work in my house. Any good and reliable carpenter to recommend? Thanks.

You can look for direct factory contractor, Lamidoor with factory in Sungei kadut (Mr Yuri Tan 9388 1826 yuritan84@gmail.com) for your home, retail or office carpenty works. They make cabinets with full laminates inside and outside at very good prices or PVC prices. So far i have not found any contractor with their prices. Kitchen and wardrobe come with all soft closing hinges and under mounted slides, laminate inside (many colours or wood grains) and outside, ABS trimmings, even taps and sinks.

You can look for direct factory contractor, Lamidoor with factory in Sungei kadut (Mr Yuri Tan 9388 1826 yuritan84@gmail.com) for your home, retail or office carpenty works. They make cabinets with full laminates inside and outside at very good prices or PVC prices. So far i have not found any contractor with their prices. Kitchen and wardrobe come with all soft closing hinges and under mounted slides, laminate inside (many colours or wood grains) and outside, ABS trimmings, even taps and sinks.

GENSNONO

u fr lamidoor or advertising for them? you just joined and every post recommend lamidoor.

is lamidoor called myidfactory and just changed the name? blve blue is the same boss, there were so many bad reviews and complaints but the threads disappeared.

GENSNONO

u fr lamidoor or advertising for them? you just joined and every post recommend lamidoor.

is lamidoor called myidfactory and just changed the name? blve blue is the same boss, there were so many bad reviews and complaints but the threads disappeared.

It looks like they ALL are the same cause all those three companies has the same contact number, address, unit No.......

GENSNONO

Here is one where is stated that ID run with money (posted 03 August 2011) http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40819&st=40 , and another where is the name of that ID company (posted 27 November 2011) http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40819&st=200 - full name of company is at very first post of that thread ('blve and blue'). That ID company has the same address and contact phone number as 'myidcompany' and 'lamidoor'.

Edited by Andreja

Here is one where is stated that ID run with money (posted 03 August 2011) http://www.renotalk....pic=40819&st=40 , and another where is the name of that ID company (posted 27 November 2011) http://www.renotalk....ic=40819&st=200 - full name of company is at very first post of that thread ('blve and blue'). That ID company has the same address and contact phone number as 'myidcompany' and 'lamidoor'.

I am just sharing my good experience. You meant if anyone just put in a few post and so cannot share. You also have only a few post and all your posts is about this company and why you hate this company so much.

Let me guess, you must be one of the ex-employees or even James Tey himself or his guys who left *** together with him when he got a big investor to give him shares and started 9 Degrees Design in Enterprise One. Then subsequently, 9 Degrees closed shop suddenly in just 6 months or less. God know how many clients they put in the fix or ran away with their money. These are probably clients they got when they advertised in the papers and done several Expo trade shows. They tried to offer the same laminate inside product strategy to hit Blve at a lost probably since their other reno items are more expensive to cover. They got no factory to support them and no direct import of laminates to reduce costs, so they move back to PVC plywood like every other ID in Singapore. There is nothing wrong with PVC except the quality of PVC vs laminate is heaven and earth. If PVC is so good, why not use it on all the exterior doors. Which ID is willing to do that and offer warranty.

The truth is *** is still around, doing well I guess as they are very busy since they offer the "any colour, pattern, wood grain laminate for all cabinets (shoe, kitchen, wardrobe, study, etc.) at PVC Prices". Their factory and their large showroom in Arumugam Rd and their product distribution companies are still around. They distribute, import directly and sells their own brand of laminates, kitchen and wardrobe accessories, furniture hardware, taps, sinks, sanitarywares, bathroom accessories, etc. I have not come across any ID firm in Singapore with similar setup - ID,own carpentry factory and own product importation like laminates.

I think it is very simple. The forum is where anyone with their own agenda and interests share their experience, true or not, no one will know except themselves. You believe what you want to believe. Just like what the bible said, test the spirit. Test the IDs or contractors. If you are the design type, work with the IDs you are most comfortable with that designs your dream house. Of course, their prices are usually higher. *****, ** are some of such companies. Large ones like * (you need to find the experienced ones), Chew, U-Home, Idea Classic and Weichen are some of the better IDs. * is very competitive if not for their PVC plywood internals.

On the same tone with any IDs, do your own due diligence. Steps like those below will help:

1) Visit Renotalk or other forums, read as much as you can. You can be very knowledgeable after that so IDs cannot smoke you left and right.

2) Send an enquiry through the forum and get as many quotes as possible to compare.

3) Visit them in their office or better still their showroom. In Singapore, showrooms or offices, especially large ones are costly to maintain, so if the company has not those kind of resources, they are usually If no office, be careful, if they ran away with your money, God help you. Never pay cash/cash cheque to the sales persons or even the owners. Always pay to the company, cross the cheques. If you don't have cheques use a banker cheques to the company name. You have better legal and police recourse if they ran away.

4) See their portfolio and their designers, talk to them if possible. Make sure they know their stuff. Some sales people don't know a thing.

5) At their showroom, ask as many questions as possible. See their setup, offices, display, samples, etc.

6) See their factory if possible. See their quality there, talk to the carpenters there. See their materials and factory organisation. Talk to the factory manager. Ids with factories don't close so easily. Many IDs don't have factory and rely on carpentry sub-contractors which is fine if they manage them well or have good sub-contractor which you don't know until the carpentry reach your house. By that time, it might be too late as they would have collected about 90% of your money already.

7) Get a quote. Make them specify in their quote all the materials they would use on their quotations to avoid arguments. Information like tile costs, where they buy their tiles, solid surface and granite from, whether they use Malaysian tilers (Chinese tilers are not very good), carpentry (the plywood use, thickness of doors, laminates, inside materials of cabinets (pvc, polygon or laminates in that order of quality, durability and looks), hardware use, soft closing, under-mounted drawer slides, any stainless steel hinges or hardware use, how they construct their cabinets, etc, sanitary wares, sink, taps, etc.(what brands), paints, etc. Compare their quotes. Ask for things or lengths/sizes that you may or not renovate or increase just in case you change your mind and then they up the price later for these items.

8) Get them to see some of the houses they are renovating, not just finished ones. Talk to the owners if possible. Owners don't have to side them.

9) Monitor the project very closely. Be reasonable and nice, but make a stand if you got a point or problem they have to resolve for you.

10) Enjoy the process and no need to be stressed.

If you are comfortable with the IDs, the design, setup and materials, go with your decisions and due diligence test results.

So i questioned the true agenda of lejosef or those forumers who don't identify themselves or have something against one company or others and yet do not provide proof of wrong doing, etc.