Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stargaaz

City Gas Or Conventional Lpg ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I have personal experience with City gas of "Any how charge".

When I first got my new HDB flat, I sign them up at the 2nd appointment for it. The house totally un-renovated, bare house with the external GAS meter not connected. During the renovation, I receive the bill of GAS $7.06.

So wondering why is this reflected in my bill. I call up and the reply from the lady is, when the gas is initiately turn on it needed to fill up the gas pipe inside the house so that is the cost to it.

But how could gas transmit via open air where the external meter is not install and there is open air connectivity between the house and external supply? Also how much gas will it cost just to fill up the single small pipe if the gas could come in? That is expensive base on Cube meter calculation!

After this, I give up and have LPG.

i agree that Citygas should justify such seemingly unreasonable and "hidden" charges...

LPG too has its "hidden" charges if the LPG tank is stored inside the kitchen cabinet... an LPG tank takes up about one foot of kitchen cabinet space, and one foot of kitchen cabinet typically costs $70-$100 to fabricate, and if it comes with a solid surface worktop, add another $70-$100... hence, $140-$200 is the "hidden" cost to store the LPG tank...

I have personal experience with City gas of "Any how charge".

When I first got my new HDB flat, I sign them up at the 2nd appointment for it. The house totally un-renovated, bare house with the external GAS meter not connected. During the renovation, I receive the bill of GAS $7.06.

So wondering why is this reflected in my bill. I call up and the reply from the lady is, when the gas is initiately turn on it needed to fill up the gas pipe inside the house so that is the cost to it.

But how could gas transmit via open air where the external meter is not install and there is open air connectivity between the house and external supply? Also how much gas will it cost just to fill up the single small pipe if the gas could come in? That is expensive base on Cube meter calculation!

After this, I give up and have LPG.

This is an interesting subject. Remember reading it somewhere. This question was brought up

with regards to petrol pump. Same myth.... Guess you'll pay more when you top up full tank.

Cos those extras in the hose are also at your expense.

This is an interesting subject. Remember reading it somewhere. This question was brought up

with regards to petrol pump. Same myth.... Guess you'll pay more when you top up full tank.

Cos those extras in the hose are also at your expense.

that petrol tank thing already verified lah, the stop valve is at the nozzle. no cheating involved.

that petrol tank thing already verified lah, the stop valve is at the nozzle. no cheating involved.

Guess for TPY case also should have stop valve, so no need to pay $7.06

Also, meter should read & charge only after all the pipe had been filled up.

Like this case, no very fair leh, even thought it is $7.06 only

Actually I am not really particular about the small sum of $7.06 but the lady treat me like an idiot, how can gas transmit via open air? just tell me it is ahgaration that will explain.

That is the fact be it electrical, water, gas, they are basing on estimation, suka suka, ahga ahga

$7.06 is not much - cos i have heard WORSE - $40-$50 bucks.

anyway, piped or cylinder, up to individual lah.

Guest Celest Koh

Hi peeps,

How do we check if the condo is equipped with gas pipe? As currently the condo that we just purchased is using lpg cyclinder but I would like to use citygas. Should I be asking the mgmt?

Thank you