Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mint

H & Qnn Home

maybe yr FIL do the kerb is for fengshui purpose? prevent wealth from "flowing" out easily

The kerb is to prevent water from getting into your house in events of rain. Its a must have otherwise whenever it rains... you have to mop and mop and mop. Same goes for the kerb between your bathroom and your bedroom. Its also to prevent water from sipping into your room.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Sharing the 3D pics..

i think the above colour combination, looks weird.. how shld i change it to look better?

also my ID says these pics are not to specifications. is that the case? shldnt it be to specifications/ measurements (as near as possible, but not 100%)?

another qn: shld i be going thru with my ID on the exact positioning of my down lights? or do u leave it to your ID to see how they wan to play with the positioning of the lights..?

u mean colour combination for ur kitchen? i think it lookz great! orange kitchen very in now...but be sure to choose a bright orange laminate! :D

for the exact position of downlights maybe u can let ur ID decide then run it thru with u..u can ask for his opinion/rational as to why he place it there..unless ur a photography/lighting expert and have better ideas... :thumbs up:

My dining lights Picture040.jpg

My simple bedroom lights Picture047-1.jpg

My simple kitchen room lights - 2x18W Picture038.jpg

Hamburger lights as usual for the bathrooms & store room Picture043.jpg

Edited by mint

My dining lights Picture040.jpg

My simple bedroom lights Picture047-1.jpg

My simple kitchen room lights - 2x18W Picture038.jpg

Hamburger lights as usual for the bathrooms & store room Picture043.jpg

hi :bleah:

how much does your bedroom lights cost?

is it the 36W x 2 bulbs type?

hi :wub:

how much does your bedroom lights cost?

is it the 36W x 2 bulbs type?

yes, but i dunno how much, cos my invoice only state the total price.... i cant rem how much it cost individually.

My Id told me yesterday supposed to be chemical wash (on Thur) so that Friday can install carpentry. I asked him what time. He said dunno, cos workers timing very difficult to catch, but should be done that day.

I went at 12noon to 1pm to check. Wah lao.. no cleaners yet. I went away bery angry and sms the ID. Why nobody yet? If nobody come today, my carpentry cannot be up. He ought deduct fees from the cleaners.

Cos I dont believe him anymore.. After many times of kenna cheated by him (always say will do that day, and end up nobody come).

Finally at 2plus, he called to say the chem wash cleaners will be coming at 3pm, cos they are held up elsewhere doing cleaning.

My hubby went to our home at 5pm and see that the place is cleaned and removed of cardboard protection. We went to inspect - as expected, not very clean. My toilet bowl and basin all got markers writings, not removed, some paints on the tiles, walls not removed. Bomb shelter not cleaned at all, _ guess probably cos of a lot of things in my storeroom, eg paint, hood, hod etc.

At least today, my ID kept his promise to do the cleaning today. IO paid $280 for the chem wash.. felt like overcharged. $280 for a 2 hour cleaning from 3pm to 5pm??? I think half of that should be ok liao!

--------

Why I am so pissed off with my ID?

1) Never discuss plumbing with me. End up a hot water pipe come out of my wall, under the beam into my kitchen! When I asked why like this. cos got beam mah.. cannot run any where else. I asked why cannot run route B (above the bomb shelter and down the fridge position)? He said that route is longer and make my hot water not hot by the time it reach the sink. I think its bull ****:notti: The distance works out to be the same! I shall later supply the outline in my floor plan to show u all.

Much to my dismay, my ieghbour invited me to her flat and I saw that her hot water point is running the same way which I suggested to my ID (route B). She says that her ID went thru with her on the plumbing pipes before doing it.

Then I complained to his boss (actually I signed up with his boss (ID also) , then his boss said he got to do re-service, so assigned this ID t handle my case). His boss asked why like that, my ID says cos of the beam. So the boss say, Oh cos of beam no choice. I asked why nver go thru with me how the plumbing will be run. His answer is - only for resale flat then we do thru with owners. to be frank, we dont go thru for new flats. But if u wan to change, i check with xxx (my ID which the boss appointed).

Until now, xxx nvr revert. And Im so sick and tired.. do u think I should change. The pipe is already up there and painted. My carpentry is going to be up later today.. Can I still change the pipe ?

My xxx ID says if the pipe run down thru the fridge area will be very ugly, but I says, got fridge to cover mah.. the fridge is so big and deep, how can see the pipe?? Isnt it worse when it burst out of the wall under the beam?

2) Major big issue - which I cannot forgive my xxx ID.

I arranged for my own aircon from ALL best, so I gek kian and fix apptm for trunking on Sat. (It absolutely slipped my mind that there is no noisy works on Sat). A couple of weeks I told my xxx ID that he must come to meet my aircon pple, cos we need him to be around when discussing trunking issues. Cos we want the trunking to go past the wall, above the ceiling etc.. He said ok can. One week before, I called to confirm that my aircon pple are coming this Sat morning and he need to come. He said ok. Then on Friday, I called to remind him to come at 9am cos the aircon pple will be there on Sat at this time. He said ok, but I will be a bit late. I asked what time? He said not sure, will be late. I said 10am can a not.. He ok again.

Then Sat, aircon pple came at 1030... and he is not in sight... nobody come.. I spoke to the aircon pple till 1115.. until aircon pple complained.. wah your boss is big project.. talk about the trunking can take 45min leh... can faster a bit, cos later we rushing to to another 2 more places..

My ID clever lor.. dunno y neber come. Call but no answer leh.... Can promise but never come.... When I asked him about it, he explained .. U know hor, I very difficult to come., cos Im the kind if I see somehting not happy, I will say it out loud, then the aircon pple may not like to hear then will complain and scold me back... got one time, I got it..

I ask how come they have your no.

He said cos my no. is pasted outside the flat mah..so they scold me lor.. thats why i very difficult.. cannot come.

I'm sooooooo the mad!! I said, other ID also got come, I know other ID in your company also come.. so why got double standards.. U mean u do your own standard, and other ID do their own way?

My ID say ya.. each person got their own 'zhuo fa' mah.. Im so angry.

When I complained to the boss, the boss said will check out.. but he neber called me back to explain what happened. When after 2 weeks, Icalled again.. He said his xxxID said he already told us how to run the trunking...before our aircon pple even do up the trunking

How can that be???? Either one of them must be lying and trying to cover up!! I said to the boss if you are referrring to "the time" when the xxx ID told us how to run the trunking, it must be the first time that we met.

The boss bring the xxx ID to my house to see see and confirm the quote, during that time, he intro this xxx ID and said he will handle our project. So it was during that time which this xxx ID tell us roughly how to run the trunking. How can that be counted????:notti: Its not even precise.. just something like "errm.., u can run here, run there.. like this like that"

God~~~ its a nightmare I tell u..

The more I dont believe them..

So my ugly trunking is all becos of my xxx ID neber come.. otherwise if he is around, he can guide us. Whats the purpose of engaging an ID when everything u need to do yourself?? I got to face the aircon pple myself.. I was stuck when aircon pple say your bathroom tiles is soft, if break will have a big hole.. if we run the ceiling, it will be too low, your false ceiling cannot do.. will be stuck, so how now? How I know??!?:jawdrop:! (Cry!! my Stupid xxxx ID is not here :jawdrop:!)

I should have called his boss to complain at that time.. so stupid,, i nevr call, now he spin a tale and become like we are blaming him..

3) xxx ID says any colour in the ICI or Nippon Book can choose. I said even the new colour - called Light n Space from ICI? He said can, anything in the book can. So we pondered over the colours for a week and finally submitted to him. Then later he called to say the colours cannot choose, cos its over cost - his boss will scold him, unless we top up $150, if not can only choose the 3in1 and other. So stupid right? waste my time. I give him the colours on Sat, thinking we can start paint on Mon. I voiced my dislike when he called on Sun, and he told me he check with his boss and revert. UNtil Mon, no phone call, so my paint job kenna delayed again!! I called his boss and his boss also say cannot choose the Light n Space and all in 1 from ICI. Can choose 3in1 or the rest. I said your ID say can. He say he dunno thats why. In the end, I think I alkso dun wan to kick a big fuss, as I wanted my painting to start asap. So I re-selected other colours and pass to xxx ID on Tue. Then waited waited waited until Friday then the painters came to do painting.

See lar.. can believe this kind of ID a not..

I complain more about.. now go to check on these pple.

Edited by mint

wah...forgot to come here spam spam... :yamseng:

your bedroom ceiling lights i nearly bought them back then.

cost around $70.00 in kelantan road but some idiots in balestier wants to sell me for $120.00

Hi Mint,

I understand your frustration totally because I have bad experiences with my contractor during renovation too. He gave me problems like fake paint, wrong measurement for washing machine bay, cracked plastered walls and flooring. There are so much arguements and complains, I was really feeling rock bottom during that time to the extend that I keep venting my anger on my wife. I think I have done a good job in giving him the specification of the renovation but unfortunately he never comply.

As for the air-con issue, your ID has not much say in trunking coz the air con people will always run the trunking the shortest way, they can save cost on the pipes. If you find the trunking is in bad location, ask your ID to propose the possible solutions to conceal them.

As for chemical washing, cannot expect them to give you hotel standard kind of washing. You still have to do your own washing after that.

Many contractors and IDs are sweet talkers when trying to close a deal with you but after that things change, I think such problems occurs to many people before. After my home renovation, I learnt my lesson that a Liar will always cover a lie with another lie....so you have to be smart and tactical to catch them off guard. My contractor gave me a hard so I returned him with a hard time too, another words he is at my mercy too.

I would change the hot pipes to your liking and not to ID liking. It is your money spent and you are going to live there. So ask your ID to fix the way you want it or find other alternatives to cover it up. Hot water will still be hot even if pipe run the entire house!

Chemical washing first round are usually not 100% clean and usually there will be a final chemical wash to clean all the paints, dirts & stains from tiles (make sure they do not do on certain materials or tiles).

Just hold back the final payment until you are 100% satisfied. Complaint and followup by email and/or sms for future reference. Write down all the changes requested and ask to counter signed it. :dribble:

Edited by lifestyle

wah...forgot to come here spam spam... :bangwall:

your bedroom ceiling lights i nearly bought them back then.

cost around $70.00 in kelantan road but some idiots in balestier wants to sell me for $120.00

Ssseh, I dunno if I got a good deal. I think my light deal only so so.. they cannot go any further. Cost me nearly $800 for all these lights (incl GST). Cheap a not?

2 bedroom light

3 hamburger light

1 hanging dining light,

2 kitchen light

ballast & light bulbs all normal types..

Picture475.jpg

OMG Look at the workmanship!

Why like this?

Dont the ID brief the electrician what to do, how to do?

Why they all no brains and can just stick the tel. socket on top of my socket? So ugly...

They just do the short cut way.. everything also must the owner tell them what to do.

I feel if I engage the electrician directly will be even better, cos I just meet them to tell them what I want. Whats the point of having an ID??:notti:!

ID who doesnt even know that the electrical pts are installed like this. Either he did not even brief the electrician, or he bo chap at all!

And fuming mad is .... I see their advertisement in here.. (wxyz!!)

I question my xxx ID - why like this?

Ans: OK, will ask them to change.

I ask : Is this your professional electrician? Is this one of your best? Or a lousy one? Did u tell them how to run the thing?

Ans : This one is one of our best! Ok will change, no problem.

ARGGGHHHHH...

Picture486.jpg

See lar.. the ugly trunking.... (compliments from my xxx ID who did not appear during my trunking apptm despite promise to do so, and my reminder the previous night!)

Edited by mint

Picture475.jpg

dont pay!:notti: whats the point of doing a shobby job then change this change that???

pls pm me your ID firm...me want to know also. at least can warn my friends.

(1)

Picture170-1.jpg

Refer to above pic 1 - Stupid plumber run hot water pipe this way.. break out of my wall under the beam in the toilet.

(2)

Picture172.jpg

I suggest running the hot water pipe below the stainless steel pipe in Pic 2. See... can also break out of toilet wall, why not run parellel below the stainless steel pipe over the bomb shelter and to the row of kitchen cabinet there, and down where the fridge base is..

See what I mean, at least ugly at one place, not ugly at two places..

Seeesshh - :dunno:

Picture242.jpg

Dunno which worker pry open my door - i suspect its the plumber.. the door is outside my home for the main water switch..

How? Deduct $ from my ID..??

Edited by mint

Hi MINT,

Plse pm me also, who is your id?

Might as well ask a contractor to do rather than id.

Pay double price and yet id cannot do a simple job.

Just now went to check again - saw that kitchen carpentry is up partially! They are really fast. I think I like the carpentry so far (keeping fingers crossed).

When I left the flat this afternoon at 12noon, no carpentry workers came yet. But when I stepped into my home at 8pm, wow.. I saw all of this. Good right? Progress is fast at least for today. Kudos to carpenter (defnitely not to ID - where u see the 2 problems below)

Picture273a.jpg

Picture269.jpg

Picture270.jpg

But still got something not very happy about - these 2 problems!

1) see the sockets...how come still got the white cable popping out? Shouldn't the socket be aligned right at the bottom of the cabinet so that can't see the white casing?

2) why is the socket above my hod? i feel strongly that this xxx ID is not monitoring / properly coordinating the works in my unit. imagine frying veggie, all the oil and smoke will go up and stick onto the switch. So am I supposed to cover the switch with a plastic cover or what?? Can still shift the sockets? But the carpentry is already up - how? very deep sh*t right?

Picture274a.jpg

Picture276-1.jpg

Edited by mint