Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MaCe

Money $$$ Not $$$ Enough Blog

time to share - all the stuffs I have learned from renotalk, internet, friends, relatives..etc

Will start off with the chemicals I am using ;

This is a MUST HAVE for rosewood lovers!

chem6.jpg

Another MUST HAVE - thanks to flygal - not avaliable in sg

scratchcover.jpg

For Parquet

chem16.jpg

Dont look down on this KAM BONG YAN, all insects/ants/lizards runs for their life.

Just burn ONCE a week/mth in your toilet.

kb1.jpg

Comes in 50 pieces - $2.50 buy from any incense shop.

kb2.jpg

As promised the mckenic

5 litres ones cost $20+, the small ones cost $5+... the most effective cleaner I have used.

2 times more powerful than magicclean. Bought in IMM.

BTW, I am a computer engineer and I have got nothing to do with all these chemical co.

chem.jpg

chem14.jpg

chem25.jpg

chem27.jpg

Initially want to buy this but was given free by a relative. Good for big houses or lazy housewife/houseman.

mop1.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

ok lah ok lah - :)

REMOVERs for Pricetag, donno simi stupid stain, paint..etc -

This is not just for zippo lighter, it's the best cleaner to remove pricetags that are sticked tight to merchandise you bought from dept store. Without damaging your merchandise.

chem18.jpg

When zippo does work, use this - THINNER - will blur some soft plastic/clear plastics.

chem21.jpg

The ULTIMATE KING REMOVER - Acetone - can only buy from paint shops.

Can remove EVERY stupid stain you come across but it's too strong - could remove the paint from your walls too - use with extreme caution. So far I have use this on rosewood, metal, aluminium, homo tiles, ceramic tiles without any damage. I use this to remove some paint stains on my rosewood and all came off without any damage to the rosewood. DONT USE it on plastics/rubber - it will melt the plastic/rubber.

$10 per tin. some shops requires you to produce IC.

chem19.jpg

chem20.jpg

Edited by MaCe

Din know Kam Bong yan can get rid of pests :good:

here's my tips for Mold problem on those rubbery parts on the shower screen / Toilet

DSC00456.jpg

DSC00457.jpg

Edited by zeny

This is not just for zippo lighter, it's the best cleaner to remove pricetags that are sticked tight to merchandise you bought from dept store. Without damaging your merchandise.

When zippo does work, use this - THINNER - will blur some soft plastic/clear plastics.

The ULTIMATE KING REMOVER - Acetone - can only buy from paint shops.

Can remove EVERY stupid stain you come across but it's too strong - could remove the paint from your walls too - use with extreme caution. So far I have use this on rosewood, metal, aluminium, homo tiles, ceramic tiles without any damage. I use this to remove some paint stains on my rosewood and all came off without any damage to the rosewood. DONT USE it on plastics/rubber - it will melt the plastic/rubber.

$10 per tin. some shops requires you to produce IC.

wont the smell stays and *YUCKS*

darlie.jpg

I use my darlie toothpaste to clean stubborn stains on my furnitures eg table, pc, printer, etc. What I do is apply toothpaste on the stain, leave for a short while and then use a damp cloth to wipe. The stain wld come off easily. U can definitely make your yellowish printer, keyboard or mouse white again.

I also could use it to repair faulty CD by apply a thin layer and wiping it off.

I also use it on my chrome taps and apply a layer to my sink and then wash it off. Can also use it to clean ink marks on the wall. Can use it as a polishing cream...oops paste.

I also use it to clean my jewellery, silver and gold ear rings.

I used my darlie toothpaste as a facial mask about once a month as its able to absorb the oil, give cooling effect on my face and make my face smooth and free of pimples....I'm not joking!

I've not tried this but heard that if u smear the mirror with the toothpaste and wipe it off then it can prevent your bathroom mirror from being fogged or steamed. Can use it on windows and goggles.

Metal cleaners/lubricants

A new lubricant(new to me) that i am still in the process of trying out - on sliding windows.

so far so good - better than wd40

chem4.jpg

The all time favourite for house hold to spray on locks/doorknobs/sliding door/windows.

But it leave a oily surface which i dont really like.

chem5.jpg

Now this is a MUST HAVE for stainless steel lovers. Works great on ANYTHING that is made of stainless steel as well as any metal surface. Not only cleans but also leave a protective layer on the metal, enable it to withstand dirt/dust. Use this to spray on every steel you just bought and it will be easy to clean in future.

chem9.jpg

This is in powder form. For lousy stainless steel that rusts, or any other metal stuffs that has ugly stains. Use this, need to scrub though, stains can be removed but surface is scratched. What I did is, scrub metal with this, then use 3M to apply a coating over it and it lasts without stains.

chem15.jpg

Anti Pest series :o

1) Kam Bong Yan - see pic in first post.

actually this is indian product ported over to chinese(indians still using them).

all types of pests including birds, mosquitoes, cockroaches.. fear it.

if you have cockroaches inside your car/vehicle - the best way is to smoke them out with this.

extremely toxic to them.

Use them to smoke your cabinets/under tables/dark corners/store room/rubbish chute..all those dirty/dark inaccessible areas. And you wont believe how "CLEAN" it is after the smokes.

Lighter for altar table/cooking..etc

Do you know that TOKAI is actually the inventor for disposable lighters?

Always look for this brand when buying lighters, cos they really lasts.

lighter2.jpg

lighter2.jpg

Putty filler aka white cement : $3-$5.00

Use this fill up/patch up all holes/gaps you can find - especially wire casings.

Having a hole is like having a empty house waiting for ants and other pests to move in.

putty.jpg

Foot Powder with tolnaftate (controlled item in sg) - this is NOT a ordinary foot powder. $8+

This is TOXIC - can only purchase from the pharmacist stationed in guardian pharmacy.

Good for getting rid of fungus on your pets, some claimed it works on lice too becos of the tolnaftate content.

Do a search in internet and see what you can find regarding tolnaftate.

chem11.jpg

the kam bong yan has very strong smell leh. :dribble: the bathroom will fill with the smell after burning. :good:

I usually close the door and smoke the toilet.

I dont smell anything becos I have this installed.

toilet2.jpg

and wired to a timer. so that everytime when i leave the toilet and switch on the ventilator I dont have to walk all the way back to toilet to turn it off. All i need is to turn the knob(timer) to 1-20 mins and it will shut off the ventilator automatically.

esaver.jpg

esaver2.jpg

wont the smell stays and *YUCKS*

the smell is only momentarily. So which you prefer? the stupid pricetag on your merchandise or a mild kerosene smell for 5 mins? Using the zippo fluid, you can peel off the pricesticker easily and surface clean of adhesive. :dunno:

1 Qn.

The 3M SS cleaner and polish, i guess you likely to use it for those SS stuff in Kitchen

and given that kitchen is there all the cooking + heat + water/moisture is, will there be an issue ?

:D IMHO chemical and heat dun go well :)

Edited by zeny

1 Qn.

The 3M SS cleaner and polish, i guess you likely to use it for those SS stuff in Kitchen

and given that kitchen is there all the cooking + heat + water/moisture is, will there be an issue ?

:D IMHO chemical and heat dun go well :)

no worries, back in the days when i was f&b industry. This 3m is widely used in hotels/foodcourts to clean stainless steel tables/worktables/apps. I mean as long as you DONT put the WMF pot to the fire immediately after you spray the 3m.

Edited by MaCe