Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MaCe

Money $$$ Not $$$ Enough Blog

It is. My windows very old and got a layer of grime on the aluminum so not much effort needed when using the scouring pad.

SO the pad won't scratach ur window panels even though it's those rough and scratchy surface?

BUt nonetheless, I'll give it a try. Rather than let the dirt remain there. :) Guess I'll be more gentle? haha :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
wsk2.jpg

I called up PUB they said if the toilet bowl is the new one then not encourage to put the water bag cos this may reault you to flush more than 1 time to flush it clean, more waste H2O

I just called PUB after ur 2007 post. THey still have the thimbles and water bags. But really differentiate btw new toilet bowls (4.5litres) and old ones (9 litres with the cistern on top of ur head w/ the pull-string method)

ok thanks will take note.

currently my water tanks(NEW) with 3 coke bottles - when flushing no problem, very clean.

SO MaCe, did you get ur waterbag and really flushing no problem with the bag despite the small water tank? The water bag won't occupy too much space inside meh?

i know some new WCs uses 4.5l instead of 9l for flushing

maybe that kind cannot use bah

but my home one already problematic

dun know if add bottles more problematic or not :dunno:

So did you get the water bags in the end or try the bottle method?

DONE! :dancingqueen:

call them and order 2 set of thimble ... also order the water bag from them ... telling them that i can give it to my inlaws cause they stay in those 20 years old flat ... keke ... but actually i want to use it for my new flat! keke 8|

yeah PUB very strict. They check the delivery address check wthether it's old flat before they willing to post out.

Wanna save water still need to go through these questionings aiyo

Anyone with new water cistern who is using the water bag. Can share experience? Thanks

So did you get the water bags in the end or try the bottle method?

i use neither

my mbr bathroom is quite far from the heater

so every morning i use a pail to catch the water from the shower head

while waiting for the water to heat up

the pail of water is used to flush the toilet

enough since i'm not at home during the day :notti:

Does anyone know how to get rid of stubborn bicycle lubricant ("black oil") stains from Homogeneous floor tiles?

acetone

Anyone knows where to get Duck Mould Killa? Can't seem to find it anywhere liao. Called J&J, they told me that Mr. Muscle have replaced Duck Mould... But, just find that Mr. Muscle is not as good as Duck Mould... Or any good alternatives that i should try to kill all the moulds lurking ard my nest? ^^

Mister mUssels waste time.....still cant find any cheap detergent.....got those anti mold spray selling in honefix but cost $20++

Hi MaCe and the rest of the forummers ,

Need some help .

Basically I would like to install the KDK fan in my toilets. Here come the questions as below.

What model should I get har ?

Got lobang for both the fan and installation ? So if I buy the fan , they do the installation for me ? How about the electrical work etc .

What is the price - range so that i will not get carrot . :P

Thanks in advance .

go to Electrical and Electronics section, Bathroom ventilator thread, all contacts and info and inside

Yes. Mine's a new flat. Guess no choice. Cant turn it off cos I have placed a wardrobe in front of the aircon ledge! :P

My first home so dunnoe wats the utilies bill wil be like. But can still find some electricity and water savings tips to use just in case. :)

I use Walch (Not Dettol cos cheaper haha) and water but then I guess the flat is vacant for say 2 years? The dirt really stuck there and cannot be washed or wiped off easily. I have to use my finger nails to slowly dig out. :( All those corners and screw edges so small!

Possible that I pour some chemcials on these stubborn dirt and leave it for a while before I clean again?

magic cleaner, the green colour one, spray and leave it.

30mins later splash water and sponge.

Anyone with new water cistern who is using the water bag. Can share experience? Thanks

the waterbag is for those OLD old type of cistern(1970s) with a huge float BALL inside.

dont ask for the bag, cos you cant use it.

Hi MaCe,

Read your posts on converting T8 to T5 and am very interested. Would like to know how to distinguish T8 from T5 besides the size (16 mm vs 1 inch)? Does the serial number of the FL show this difference?

BTW, you get the T5 tubes from ccm or kelantan road? Thanks.

T8 are those big tubes you see everywhere - hdb corridors, coffeshops, hawker centres.

T5 are not so common - if a shopkeeper/shopassits doesnt know whats a T5, that usually means they dont carry it.

T5 tubes can buy from CCM, they got many branches all over sg, for fixtures go kelantan road/simlimtower.

the savings in PUB $$$ is significant enough for me to intro T5 to everyone.

moreover T5 doesnt generate much heat and you wont feel HOT even sitting directly under 2x T5 tubes.

try standing near to a T8 tube for 15mins.

SO MaCe, did you get ur waterbag and really flushing no problem with the bag despite the small water tank? The water bag won't occupy too much space inside meh?

i am still using cocacola bottles.

these tips are priceless!! thanks to all for sharing! now i will pull out my plugs when not really in use on top of switching off the switches. :)

3 small ways that will definitely cut your PUB $$$ guranteed,stamp,chop,signed,thumbprinted.

1) never put any electrical/electronics on standby - that small little light blink blink for 24hours eats into your bill.

manufacturers claimed it's only 1watt per hour - but lots of pple already tested...some are up to 5watts per hour.do your math. 24hrs x 30days x 365days.....

2) never use a electrical thermo pot.

3) never use a electrical water kettle.

magic cleaner, the green colour one, spray and leave it.

30mins later splash water and sponge.

Thanks for the tip! :)

the waterbag is for those OLD old type of cistern(1970s) with a huge float BALL inside.

dont ask for the bag, cos you cant use it.

i am still using cocacola bottles.

But I thot the water bag is more flexible then the coca cola bottles? In the sense it won't occupy too much space and block the cistern?

So the water bag really useless for new HDB toilets la. haiz

But then why HDB toilet dun provide half and full flush. Every time seems to waste whole 6 litres of water jus to clear liquid waste. So wasteful!

Out of topic here, so you guys change the flush to half and full flush? DIY or get plumber?

Any recommended flush button/pump to get or method to reduce the water wastage?

Out of topic here, so you guys change the flush to half and full flush? DIY or get plumber?

Any recommended flush button/pump to get or method to reduce the water wastage?

get plumber - proper job done. DIY only if you know how.

$50-$60 to change (including parts)

Over the weekend i discover something interesting about my magiclean mop.

magiclean.jpg

All the while i've been using it and attach the paper wipe onto it, as i'm doing the floor cleaning chores. I start thinking about how i used to mop the floor

when i was still a kid. I prepare a pail of water and a cloth then start wiping the whole house floor.(for my age that time a mop is too heavy for me)

Although it's tiring but the floor is really very clean after that, then came this evolution (magiclean mop).

I plant my idea onto my magiclean mop. So i grab one the cloth, wet it and try out the folowing.

magiccleanmop.jpg

magiccleanmop2.jpg

Indeed it's works well. After wiping a room, i remove it for a wash. Very clean indeed.

After change to a clean cloth, it could also be used to clean the cobweb/lizard **** that is near the ceiling.(Cleaning whole house ceiling in less than 10 min)

If needed you could also use it clean you kitchen tiles/top kitchen cabinet.

CHEERS, Happy trying..

Hihi MaCe,

I needed some help regarding cleaning of the paint off my bathroom wall tiles.

As we painted the whole house ourselves, my dad accidently painted some wall tiles while painting the ceiling of the bathroom.

Other than using tinner to scrub off the wall tiles, any other strong detegents which i can use to scrub off the paint easily?

U had mentioned using acetone, will it be advisable to use that to scrub off?

It will be tedious as i need to climb up the ladder to scrub off the paints.

Regards

Hihi MaCe,

I needed some help regarding cleaning of the paint off my bathroom wall tiles.

As we painted the whole house ourselves, my dad accidently painted some wall tiles while painting the ceiling of the bathroom.

Other than using tinner to scrub off the wall tiles, any other strong detegents which i can use to scrub off the paint easily?

U had mentioned using acetone, will it be advisable to use that to scrub off?

It will be tedious as i need to climb up the ladder to scrub off the paints.

Regards

thinner is usually what pple will recommend - cos it wont cause any other disasters(see below).

acetone = can remove lots of stuffs(stains, paint, oil stains...etc) but it melts plastics!!! 1 drop alone will see your plastic discoloured/damaged. use acetone with a lot of care. if got paint on your aluminium/steel windows or grill can use acetone also. NEVER on plastics.

After my renovation completed there were lots of unknown stubborn stains on my tiles - tried nearly everything available in NTUC, scrub like a old maid - yet the stains minimises only by 10-30%. When i use acetone - I only need to wipe it off once and stains are gone.