For The Bold and Handsome——Ideal Bedroom Design For BoysInterior Design & Decor
5 minutes read
Speaking of interior design, many women may have plenty of design ideas for their home, but it is often easy to ignore men’s ideas sometimes. In fact, men also have a lot of expectations for interior design!
Nowadays, everyone is pursuing a personalized home. If there is a room that can showcase your personality and help you live your best life, will it not be the ultimate ideal room?
In this article, we will look at a few ways to make mens’ bedrooms fabulous. These styles are not constrained, as couples can get creative and women can combine these styles with their own ideas.
BEDROOM DESIGN STYLES
1. CARTOON ANIMALS STYLE
Most cartoons today that cater to children are based on animals, as many children love animals. So cute animal prints and plush toys could work nicely in this design, especially if they are designed after bears, lions, and tigers - these animals are the most popular among children.
With this interior style, parents may be encouraged to teach their children to protect Mother Nature and love small animals. This approach is also a good way to cultivate childrens’ love. If you design an animal-themed bedroom, it may help your children get closer to nature.
Image via Freepik
2. CARS & TOYS STYLE
Children’s curiosity is relatively strong. Generally speaking, they have a habit of inquiring to no end about something new and interesting to them. For example, cars are popular with children because they are full of mystery. Whenever a child sits in a car, they will be very excited because this ‘iron guy’ can bring them great stimulation. Car models are some of the best toys for children, especially boys. If you can add some designs based on car patterns in the room, it may make your boys happy.
Image via Freepik
3. INDUSTRIAL & CEMENT STYLE
Cool colour coordination and spaciousness is what most men want in a room. This design style will suit you if you are reaching adulthood as it is based on the classic neutral colour palette (black, white, and grey) which most men like. Simple furniture and rugged accessories complement this style and show off the unique masculinity and personality of men.
Image via Freepik
4. BUSINESS STYLE
The formal-business bedroom style is defined as clean and clear. It usually comprises sleek, dark colours to avoid excessive visual impact. You can bring this elegant workplace atmosphere to the bedroom by incorporating a few simple modern decorations, making the space look classy and sophisticated.
Image via photophoto.cn
No matter the style you pick for your bedroom, there is something which you have to be extra cautious about - the incorporation of Feng Shui. Feng Shui is very important in the Chinese culture as it is believed to be the bringer of health and happiness to the Chinese community.
Different positions of the bedroom furnishings may result in different outcomes:
- EAST SIDED - Young successful entrepreneurs, full of creativity and talent.
- NORTH SIDED - Need more hard work to succeed in life, find ways to work smart.
- NORTHWEST SIDED - Self-centered but talented.
- NORTHEAST SIDED - Generous and loves helping others.
Apart from that, keep in mind of the following :
- Do not have your mirror near the bedroom entrance, so as to avoid quarrels and disputes.
- Do not have a red or furry carpet in your bedroom, so as to avoid bronchitis.
- Do not hang unnecessary decorations from your ceiling.
- Do not paint dark colours on the ceiling as it is ominous.
- Do not have your bed under a beam, so as to avoid depression.
- Do not have your bed facing the window, so as to avoid being bad-tempered due to the strong sunlight.
- Do not have your study table / desk facing the entrance or washroom.
- Do not have your study table / desk below or above kitchen stoves / bathrooms.
- Always open the window for ventilation, or use an air purifier to keep the air in the space fresh and full of oxygen.
Special attention should be paid to the air quality in the room. If the inhaled air is polluted, the Feng Shui in your room will definitely be affected.
- Psychologists have long discovered that colour affects human perception. In Feng Shui, warm colours such as red and pink will greatly activate your love life.
The soft and layered rose and coral colours will attract a thoughtful half, while the bold colours such as deep shades of red will stimulate an enthusiastic and courageous exploration.
Since the bedroom is considered a private space, you can boldly use these unrestrained and warm colours to increase passion for your private time.
If you find the above tips useful for your bedroom, please feel free to share this article with loved ones who may need some decorating advice for their bedrooms.
PreviousFor The Young and Pretty——Ideal Bedroom Design For Girls
NextSmart Home 101 - Must-Use Items For Your Futuristic Home