Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chiang

Expo Ehibition 2008

went down to expo yesterday looking for some ideas on the renovation , now for a 4 room , promotions are going on for renovation package at around 14k , comes with air con non invertor type, wats your view of such packages ?

off hand it seems to be a good offer but , with free stuff i wonder how much savings i get with, wats you guys opinion on such package deals ?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
went down to expo yesterday looking for some ideas on the renovation , now for a 4 room , promotions are going on for renovation package at around 14k , comes with air con non invertor type, wats your view of such packages ?

off hand it seems to be a good offer but , with free stuff i wonder how much savings i get with, wats you guys opinion on such package deals ?

Package deals are indeed very tempting. There's one ID company with a package of S$11900 but they give free aircon 3 system, fridge, s/s sink with tap, hob and hood.

The only downside is that their package does basic stuff and you will need to top up for more renovations requirements.

Package deals are indeed very tempting. There's one ID company with a package of S$11900 but they give free aircon 3 system, fridge, s/s sink with tap, hob and hood.

The only downside is that their package does basic stuff and you will need to top up for more renovations requirements.

My personal view (as echoed by some forummers here as well) -

If theyre already good, they wont have time to set up booth to advertise their business & wares. All these "free gifts" are just gimmicks. Its in place to lure unsuspecting consumers. Ask yourself this question - what is more important when renovating your home? Their workmanship or their free gifts?

Cheers

Vince

Very important, need to look at the breakdown of their individual items and compare with other IDs. My sense is that, companies who give lots of freebies tend to do high markups on the individual items. They won't be so stupid as to give u freebies and end up making losses. Also, what's the model/brand of the freebies they are giving? For all we know, could be some cheapo made-in-China brands.

Even heard of some IDs who advertised the freebies, then end up tell you no more stock! Then substitute with some cheapo items, tell customers to take it or leave it!

Edited by countrylover

My view on reno packages is, check the items they provide in the package. For eg. in the package, got include say is 15ft kitchen cabinets. But your kitchen is 30ft. so that means ur kitchen need to top up that extra feet.

Then got one ID company i've seen b4 is, they give granite top for kitchen table top for that 15ft. but ur kitchen surface already more than that, so u need to pay the extra granite as well.

So you add up all these extras and see whether it's still worth to get the package.

thanks to all , my head is now swollen bigger with the new info , all i want is a renovation , i dun noe that there so much more hidden issue.

hi chiang,

i was like u earlier... very tempted by the promotions... some comes with aircon, some comes with hoob n hob, others offer "free" 20ft kitchen cabinet. As one of the bros said, these are all gimmicks.

I try to make sense out of what they offer, and indeed, if you take a breakdown of the items and count them in total, the price stated is pretty expensive.

On the other hand, another type of offer, such as, if your total amt is over a certain amt (eg. 30k), they will give aircon free, you can consider, but do take note if how they breakdown each item, and make sure you got the quality you pay for.

My suggestion is, get some sample quotes, and note the average prices between carpentry (per ft/per sqft), plumbing, hacking (item by item vs lump sum) and tiling works (per sqft). Then approach recommended IDs, not companies, IDs. A lot of so-called bigger companies also have their share of black sheep, so my feel is, ID are more important than the company. the forum offers a long list of IDs from various companies. Just pm them, and I am sure they will help.

cheerz