Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tohdj

Replacing My Kitchen Cabinet

my kitchen cabinet needs to be replaced.

spoke to one company in joo chiat/katong and they quoted 4+ but they are not sure if they can retain my granite top, and they need remove the current one and wait 3++ weeks to get the new one installed.

spoke to one company which claimed to have 30++ yrs of history in this line...but sales guy was not interested in hearing what we want...and more interested in us placing deposit.

spoke to a carpenter who quoted 4.4k but using commercial lamination as used in offices and shops.

anybody got recommendations on kitchen cabinets? i definitely want solid plywoord and laminations with ABS trimmings.

what's the going rate for per foot run now?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

the granite top part is really tricky

unless it's one whole slab without any cut out for sink or stove

coz natural stone is totally not flexible, any force applied wrongly will cause it to snap

maybe you want to consider redoing the whole thing?

going rate should be around $100 +-$15 without top :dancingqueen:

the granite top part is really tricky

unless it's one whole slab without any cut out for sink or stove

coz natural stone is totally not flexible, any force applied wrongly will cause it to snap

maybe you want to consider redoing the whole thing?

going rate should be around $100 +-$15 without top :horse:

the granite top should be ok to remove. my previous contractor used silicone only.

S$100!:notti:? i was quoted S$250 and above. even the carpenter i spoke to quoted S$220. what wood are they using? got contacts?

I got Ho Bee to do the reno for my flat. As for my kitchen cabinet, I was quoted $95 per foot run. They are using solid plywood with ABS trimmings. You could give they a call to see if their carpenter Ah Keong can take your job.

the granite top should be ok to remove. my previous contractor used silicone only.

S$100!:yamseng:? i was quoted S$250 and above. even the carpenter i spoke to quoted S$220. what wood are they using? got contacts?

think it's not so easy as granite is so stiff that there's not much room to play around

for my granite top, they had to do the cut out at my place

coz the risk of breakage will be very high if they had done it at the factory

my kitchen cabinet by ho bee is $100 as i had requested for all drawers :dunno:

so how long have u installed the kitchen cabinets? any problem? where to find the contact for Ho Bee?

S$100 / S$90 per foot run for top AND bottom? or only 1 of them?

$100pfr for either top OR bottom

so if top and bottom adds up to 20ft then it's $2,000

there's a ho bee thread somewhere, contact can be found in almost every other page of the 31-page thread :P

i've lived in for about 7 mths now, so far so good :P