Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
GSS

Chronic Backache With Simmons Milner

Hi,

I have been using the Simmons Milner bought from Ackerman Smith for few months. I rarely had any back pains or aches, but now I'm having chronic lower back pain everyday. Even my wife has started complaining of back aches.

Just wanted to find out if any other people in the same boat ??

Thanks...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

I have been using the Simmons Milner bought from Ackerman Smith for few months. I rarely had any back pains or aches, but now I'm having chronic lower back pain everyday. Even my wife has started complaining of back aches.

Just wanted to find out if any other people in the same boat ??

Thanks...

maybe too hard for your back?

maybe too hard for your back?

No Milner is a soft/plush type... the simmons customer service can even admit their plush mattresses do sink after some time... and I read from several other forums as long as its not more than 3 inch I think they find it acceptable and do not change the mattress.

Also one more thing I found about the warranty.... after 2 years its a depreciating warranty, something like 90% of the list price... As we all know Simmons mattresses are on "sale" most of the time... list price would be something much higher, and so would the 10% or more top-up be.

No Milner is a soft/plush type... the simmons customer service can even admit their plush mattresses do sink after some time... and I read from several other forums as long as its not more than 3 inch I think they find it acceptable and do not change the mattress.

Also one more thing I found about the warranty.... after 2 years its a depreciating warranty, something like 90% of the list price... As we all know Simmons mattresses are on "sale" most of the time... list price would be something much higher, and so would the 10% or more top-up be.

Its the thick soft plushy top that is not giving proper support. I hv chronic backaches since my teenage time (I have a slight case of scolosis and also had a sports injury b4). When I got married, we decided to invest in a more luxurious high end mattress thats has state of art fantastic pocketed spring and a plush top. Its not the issue wif the mattress, its the soft plush dats sinks, which gives inadequate support. I almost ended up in hospital wif severe lower backaches, thinking dat I suffered a slip-disc or something.

We gave the 3k mattress away and bought a $600 diamond mattress from Seahorse, which is super firm and even my husband is surprised that it helps wif his stiff shoulder.

The pillow also plays a important role.... the height and firmness of the pillow will also affect your sleep posture.... causing stiff shoulders/neck leading to backaches.

If your previous mattress is very different from your current one, your body do need some time to get use to it... Anyway, if its affecting yourself and your wife, it is better to get another one. Backaches don't jus go away, it could escalate and affect your daily life, especially if you hardly ever hv them b4.

Jus my 2 cents worth... :yamseng: